Three People Become Legal Parents of Girl

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Three-People-Become-Legal-Parents-of-Girl-190252571.html

MIAMI (AP) -- Three people -- a gay man and two lesbians -- are now the legal parents of a 23-month-old girl in South Florida..........

Sperm donors have no legal rights under Florida law, but Gerina argued that the women claimed they wanted a father for the baby, not just a sperm donor.

Nearly two years of legal battling ended last month when Miami-Dade Circuit Court Judge Antonio Marin approved a settlement and private adoption that listed all three parents on the child's birth certificate.

Short article.....

I know there will be people screaming about confusing the child and the destruction of the traditional family unit, but all I can say is Good. The more loving and caring people there are involved in a child's life, the better.

MOO, and I won't be changing it.

I know there will be people screaming about confusing the child and the destruction of the traditional family unit, but all I can say is Good. The more loving and caring people there are involved in a child's life, the better.

:goodpost:

My beloved maternal grandmother ruled the clan with an iron fist (gracefully concealed within a velvet glove). She was more parent to me than either my mother or father.

While there may be legal implications I haven't considered, as a practical matter, I don't find the idea of three parents even unusual. (In my case, it was really a matter of three parents or none, since only my grandmother took much interest.)

To take another personal example, although I only became legally related to my stepchildren when gay marriage was briefly legal in CA in 2008, I have been a major parental figure in their lives for as long as they can remember. They have had "three parents" for almost 36 years, whether it was legal or not. And they will tell you as much.

And haven't we been saying for decades that one of the great problems in the U.S. is the lack of fathers in childrens' lives? Here are three people who have erected a solution. Shouldn't they be celebrated?

They are by me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back