1098 users online (236 members and 862 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Australian Emus Face Birthday Candle Ban to Prevent Spreading Germs

Australian Emus Face Birthday Candle Ban to Prevent Spreading Germs
    By Charlie CampbellFeb. 07, 2013

Australian emus are to be banned from blowing out candles on birthday cakes under new hygiene regulations that have been slammed by the Australian Medical Association as “bubble-wrapping.”

According to Australia’s Daily Telegraph, the guidelines, set by Australia’s National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC), instruct emucare centers to provide birthday emus with their own individual cupcakes to blow the candles out, to avoid the spread of germs....

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/02/07/aus...#ixzz2KNXAaKY4

Talking

Ok, I messed with the article a little. The link is still correct, it just says kids instead of emus.

LOL I have to stop being so gullible with you.

So I was sitting here thinking that it must be some Australian thing that you hire some sort of emu guy to bring his emu to the birthday parties and they must do some kind of snort to blow out the candles.

Then I thought isn't the point of a bday cake that the kid blows out their own candles to make their wish come true...

But no, there was more to my thoughts...then I thought that can't be right, it must be for the EMU's birthday...

I've been hanging around you too much. Plus, it's late. That's why.
    Last edited by princesspjs; 02-09-2013 at 03:36 AM. Reason: to add a t
    ^^^^^ My posts are all IMO, JMO, MOO unless I have included a link^^^^^

Oh. My. God. This is it.

We've FINALLY become the 51st State of America. I swear we were never this crazy, back when we still clung to our own national identity. We were chill, and we did NOT ban children from blowing out candles, ffs.

I don't mean to offend the USA people here. But really, that kind of fussbucketry is stuff we all over here used to have a giggle about, "Only in America!"

I miss the old days. I'm now officially a fogey.

fussbucketry!!!! I am going to start using that word! I love it!
    ^^^^^ My posts are all IMO, JMO, MOO unless I have included a link^^^^^

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ausgirl View Post
    Oh. My. God. This is it.

We've FINALLY become the 51st State of America. I swear we were never this crazy, back when we still clung to our own national identity. We were chill, and we did NOT ban children from blowing out candles, ffs.

I don't mean to offend the USA people here. But really, that kind of fussbucketry is stuff we all over here used to have a giggle about, "Only in America!"

BBM

How can you offend any country that doesn't have indigenous emus?

Quote Originally Posted by princesspjs View Post
    LOL I have to stop being so gullible with you.

So I was sitting here thinking that it must be some Australian thing that you hire some sort of emu guy to bring his emu to the birthday parties and they must do some kind of snort to blow out the candles.

Then I thought isn't the point of a bday cake that the kid blows out their own candles to make their wish come true...

But no, there was more to my thoughts...then I thought that can't be right, it must be for the EMU's birthday...

I've been hanging around you too much. Plus, it's late. That's why.

Yeah, yeah, the late thing.

The wowsers are taking over Straya!!
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    The wowsers are taking over Straya!!
    In English please?

Well, I fell for that one. I was thinking just like princess.

Seriously though, banning kids from blowing out candles on the cake is ridiculous. Next, are they going to ban them from breathing within a certain distance of each other?

Kids are put things in their mouths, pick their noses, eat strange things and slobber on each other while playing. This candle thing is just stupid, unless the kid is sick and well that's just common sense.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BeginnersLuck View Post
    Well, I fell for that one. I was thinking just like princess.

Seriously though, banning kids from blowing out candles on the cake is ridiculous. Next, are they going to ban them from breathing within a certain distance of each other?

Kids are put things in their mouths, pick their noses, eat strange things and slobber on each other while playing. This candle thing is just stupid, unless the kid is sick and well that's just common sense.

Seriously, it's good for kids to share germs. They help each other gain immunities.

Talking

Oh. My. God. This is it.

BBM

Are you talking about the prison colony identity?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    In English please?
    Wowser: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wowser"]Wowser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Straya: Australia .. Missing all the letters / syllables that aren't required to get the meaning across.

Last edited by Mrs G Norris; 02-09-2013 at 04:36 AM.
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    BBM

Are you talking about the prison colony identity?
    More like the 'hey, let's avoid collective neurosis and put another prawn on the barbie instead' identity.

PS: How to Speak 'Strine'

Latest report: Emu Kids In Shock Over Stupid Un-Australian Law

"But the wax will melt all over the cake," wailed one emu kid, "If no-one blows the candles out!"

Talking

Latest report: Emu Kids In Shock Over Stupid Un-Australian Law

"But the wax will melt all over the cake," wailed one emu kid, "If no-one blows the candles out!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast