Australian Emus Face Birthday Candle Ban to Prevent Spreading Germs

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Australian Emus Face Birthday Candle Ban to Prevent Spreading Germs
By Charlie CampbellFeb. 07, 2013

Australian emus are to be banned from blowing out candles on birthday cakes under new hygiene regulations that have been slammed by the Australian Medical Association as “bubble-wrapping.”

According to Australia’s Daily Telegraph, the guidelines, set by Australia’s National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC), instruct emucare centers to provide birthday emus with their own individual cupcakes to blow the candles out, to avoid the spread of germs....

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/02/07/au...ban-to-prevent-spreading-germs/#ixzz2KNXAaKY4

Ok, I messed with the article a little. :giggle: The link is still correct, it just says kids instead of emus. :floorlaugh:

LOL I have to stop being so gullible with you.

So I was sitting here thinking that it must be some Australian thing that you hire some sort of emu guy to bring his emu to the birthday parties and they must do some kind of snort to blow out the candles.

Then I thought :waitasec: isn't the point of a bday cake that the kid blows out their own candles to make their wish come true...

But no, there was more to my thoughts...then I thought that can't be right, it must be for the EMU's birthday...:waitasec: :blushing:

:rolleyes: I've been hanging around you too much. Plus, it's late. That's why.

Oh. My. God. This is it.

We've FINALLY become the 51st State of America. I swear we were never this crazy, back when we still clung to our own national identity. We were chill, and we did NOT ban children from blowing out candles, ffs.

I don't mean to offend the USA people here. But really, that kind of fussbucketry is stuff we all over here used to have a giggle about, "Only in America!"

I miss the old days. :( I'm now officially a fogey.

fussbucketry!!!! I am going to start using that word! I love it!

Oh. My. God. This is it.

We've FINALLY become the 51st State of America. I swear we were never this crazy, back when we still clung to our own national identity. We were chill, and we did NOT ban children from blowing out candles, ffs.

I don't mean to offend the USA people here. But really, that kind of fussbucketry is stuff we all over here used to have a giggle about, "Only in America!"

BBM

How can you offend any country that doesn't have indigenous emus? :waitasec:

So I was sitting here thinking that it must be some Australian thing that you hire some sort of emu guy to bring his emu to the birthday parties and they must do some kind of snort to blow out the candles.

Then I thought :waitasec: isn't the point of a bday cake that the kid blows out their own candles to make their wish come true...

But no, there was more to my thoughts...then I thought that can't be right, it must be for the EMU's birthday...:waitasec: :blushing:

:laughcry:

Yeah, yeah, the late thing. :rolleyes:

Well, I fell for that one. I was thinking just like princess.

Seriously though, banning kids from blowing out candles on the cake is ridiculous. Next, are they going to ban them from breathing within a certain distance of each other?

Kids are put things in their mouths, pick their noses, eat strange things and slobber on each other while playing. This candle thing is just stupid, unless the kid is sick and well that's just common sense.

Well, I fell for that one. I was thinking just like princess.

Seriously though, banning kids from blowing out candles on the cake is ridiculous. Next, are they going to ban them from breathing within a certain distance of each other?

Kids are put things in their mouths, pick their noses, eat strange things and slobber on each other while playing. This candle thing is just stupid, unless the kid is sick and well that's just common sense.

:laughcry:

Seriously, it's good for kids to share germs. They help each other gain immunities.

Oh. My. God. This is it.

BBM

Are you talking about the prison colony identity?

In English please? :waitasec:

Wowser: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wowser"]Wowser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Straya: Australia .. Missing all the letters / syllables that aren't required to get the meaning across.

;)

Latest report: Emu Kids In Shock Over Stupid Un-Australian Law

emu!.jpg

"But the wax will melt all over the cake," wailed one emu kid, "If no-one blows the candles out!"

Latest report: Emu Kids In Shock Over Stupid Un-Australian Law

emu!.jpg

"But the wax will melt all over the cake," wailed one emu kid, "If no-one blows the candles out!"

:floorlaugh:

emukid.jpg

Breaking News: Tragic Daycare Fire Due To New Emu Birthday Cake Candle Regulations

birthday-cake-fire-a.jpg

LOL! I was thinking the same things . LOL

Please believe that the majority of Stayan's think this is a load of codswallop! Stone the flaming crows, this is a national embarrassment!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back