KS KS - Coltan Downtain, 20 mos, Dodge City, 27 June 1997

hopingicanhelp

Reaction score
To me, this had to have been quite narrow to LE as to "who"... and due to the unfortunate evidence on the poor child's face, it should not have been too difficult to take swift action... moo :furious:

RIP little one :candle:

“I was told by an officer out there that little Coltan was stomped so bad there were footprints on his head and chest, and he was stomped so bad that his intestines were severed in half,” Gwen said.

3 unsolved child homicides in Dodge City, KS :banghead:
Kyle Lane Clay 10/8/1984
Colton Downtain 6/27/1997
Natalie Pickle 11/19/2008
** arrest made!

Looks like Dodge City LE is starting to understand that people are watching and asking questions!

From September:

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/Cold-Case-The-Death-Of-Colton-Downtain-190321001.html

A 20-month-old boy is dead. He allegedly had stomp marks on his body, and no one has been arrested in his death. Coltan Downtain was murdered 15 years ago...

In the early morning hours of January 27th of that year, while Coltan’s father was out of town, something went terribly wrong... Coltan’s mother dropped him off at his babysitter’s home, carried him into the bedroom and laid him in the crib. “After about 30 to 45 minutes, babysitter was getting nervous because he wasn’t doing nothing,” Lloyd said. “So she went in to check him; something wasn’t right.”

The babysitter called EMS and the toddler was rushed to Western Plains Regional Hospital where he was pronounced dead about an hour later.

So much more could be done with this case-thanks for bumping it up OkieGranny.

A social media campaign could really have a big impact on this case I bet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back