GUILTY MO - Claire-Marie Monti, 32, raped & murdered, Lenexa, 26 April 1998

ScarlettScarpetta

When the going gets tough, drink coffee
Reaction score
This was someone I knew from High School.
http://articles.philly.com/1998-04-30/news/25765086_1_men-face-nightclub-police

She was murdered in 1998 in a Howard Johnson in Kansas City, MO.

"Charged with premeditated first-degree murder are Rodney Wayne Henry Jr., 24, of Olathe, Kan., and Carl Dean Rails, 35, of Kansas City. Both were being held without bail."

Then in 2002, After being convicted

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2002/apr/28/convicted_killer_gets/

Henry won an appeal for a new trial. But I can not find any more.

She was a beautiful sweet girl. I will upload a picture of her. She was pretty and kind. I don't see her taking these two back to her hotel. Something more happened that got them there.

Any more news helpful.

TIA

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360520793.653284.jpg

This is the Claire I knew.

If anyone can help me find out what happened to her killers, is appreciate it. :)

Thanks Robin Hood!! I've been trying to find the answer for years. :)

I had only known her a few months but I really liked her (like liked her liked her). We were planning a trip to Hawaii when she was killed. I never got to tell her how I felt about her.

Thanks for sharing the photo. It was good to see her face again.

Thank you to this website for keeping up the information. I recently thought about her. Claire and I attended Holland Intermediate School together (a middle school). She and I had 4-5 classes a day together for three years (in Green House). She was attractive, sweet, smart, and a nice person. No one deserves what happened to her. Claire was a good person. It still breaks my heart to think about this.

Thank you to the others who contributed. I only stumbled on this site as I wondered if anything had been posted on the internet since the years of the trial. I worked with Claire at Deloitte and kept in contact with her, often attending some of the same continuing education classes that she attended in the years after Deloitte and catching up socially. She was very thoughtful and genuinely cared about her friend's interests. I recall that she was traveling a lot for her "new" job and in early April 1998 (or so), she left me a voicemail to say that she bought Pearl Jam tickets for August in Philly. I hadn't talked to her in a few months prior to that. It was the type of person she was. She knew I liked PJ and wanted to invite me along. Of course, the day I heard the news from a mutual old friend, it was crushing. The picture posted above is an even younger Claire, which is even more appropriate, because she was so energetic, cheerful and positive. I don't think she would have ever changed and would be to this day, young at heart, fun loving and cheerful - just like she was in her voicemail message that day.

Reporting my post to correct thread title, this crime was committed in Kansas & all court action is in that state.

At approximately 10:50 a.m. on April 26, 1998, Lenexa police were dispatched to the Howard Johnson's motel in response to a call concerning a possible murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back