693 users online (106 members and 587 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Donegal Twp, WhtMale 1776UMPA, 45-50, tie-dyed shirt w/ French cuffs, Feb'72

Unidentified Male
    Date of Discovery: February 18, 1972
    Location of Discovery: Donegal Township, Washington Co, Pennsylvania
    Estimated Date of Death: November 1971 to January 1972
    State of Remains: Full Skeletal Remains
    Cause of Death: Homicide - 2 gunshot wounds to the left torso possibly from a 22 caliber weapon

Physical Description
    ** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Year of Birth: 1927
    Estimated Age: 45-50 years
    Race: White
    Height: 5'5 to 5'10
    Weight: 140-175 lbs
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: According to a noted Anthropologist the Victim had a general complexion probably between fair and slightly brunet. His National origin from Western Europe - British Isles, Southern Germany as most likley.

Dentals: Available
    Fingerprints: Not available
    DNA: Available (Pending Analysis)
    Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Victim was clothed in a long sleeve french cuff tie-dyyed shirt size 16 green in color and green flared bottom dress pants size: w32, L 29, jockey shorts black belt. The Victim was not wearing any socks or shoes.

Jewelry: None

Additional Personal Items: None, All pockets on the Victim's clothing were turned inside out.

Case History
    On 02/18/1972 a badly decomposed body was discovered along route 40 Donegal Township Washington County Pennsylvania. The time of death is estimated at 8 to 10 weeks prior to discovery. It is believed the victim died as the result of a gunshot wound to his torso by a small caliber weapon possibly a 22.

Also recovered near the Victim's remains was a bedspread,blanket, and sheet that were rolled into a ball 25 feet from the body recovery site.

Investigating Agency(s)
    If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Pennsylvania State Police
    Agency Contact Person: Corporal John Tobin
    Agency Phone Number: (724) 223-5200
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-22-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Unsolved Cases: Body Found near Claysville 41 Years Ago Still Unidentified

snipped...A man's body was found near Old Route 40 in Washington County in February 1972. The death was ruled a homicide, but authorities have never been able to identify the man

New Jersey
    The only one who comes remotely close to this UID is William Henry Ellis. He is from Baltimore Maryland missing since July 1971.

This is from doing a search in NAMUS.

He may have been the missing person from Baltimore Maryland mentioned in the article.

Snipped--Police received responses from Baltimore, MD and West Virginia. Both inquiries were ruled out.

I wonder if he was compared to this UID.

I don't see this man in NamUs at all, so I tried to email the person in charge of his case (the one listed on DoeNet) but I got a mailer daemon notice. I'll keep trying to find a way to contact them via email, though, unless someone is willing to call them for me and suggest that they add him to NamUs.

I really like William Ellis for this UID though.