WA WA - Francis Martin Cantea, 19, Bremerton, 3 July 1975

Satch

Reaction score
The sad case reported by Charlie Project of Francis Cantea. On July 3, 1975 he went to a friend's house to return a record he had borrowed. The friend said Francis seemed nervous and declined an invitation to stay awhile.

The next day, a friend of Francis' called to ask where he was. Apparently he wasn't home and when his apartment was searched all of Francis' personal belongings were scattered on his dresser. There was no sign of a struggle in the room. His car was parked (A 1965 Mustang) at the apartment.

Francis was never seen again. His Mother declared him dead in 2005. She believes he is "probably deceased."

Here is Charley Project's report:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cantea_francis.html

First questions:

1.) Is Francis' DNA submitted to national agencies and LE involved with his case?

2.) What if anything did Francis talk about with his friend when he returned the record he had borrowed?

3.) What was the general history of his mental health? Did he work? Go to college? What were his moods like before he disappeared?

4.) Any conflicts in the family or friend relationships? Drug or alcohol use?

5.) Could Francis have left voluntarily and met up with a bad situation?

Satch

More information,

Doe Network says that they saw Francis about a week and a half before he vanished and he "did not seem upset or troubled in any way." At the time, the family and Francis (a.k.a "Frank") spent a day together in Seattle. It says that Dental and DNA information is on file.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/3560dmwa.html

Satch

More information,

Doe Network says that they saw Francis about a week and a half before he vanished and he "did not seem upset or troubled in any way." At the time, the family and Francis (a.k.a "Frank") spent a day together in Seattle. It says that Dental and DNA information is on file.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/3560dmwa.html

Satch

Clarification: "They" mentioned above, meaning his family.

Bumping up for Francis. a.k.a "Frank."

Satch

Can anyone get to that article again? I get an error. Would love to read it. This is a strange case with nothing to indicate what could have happened.
Thanks in advance

Bumping, missing for 40 years now.

The link for the article wasn't working for me either. I believe it was this one:

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/local-news/without-a-trace-two-lives-no-signs

Anna Cantea said she last saw her son June 22, 1975, when the family went to Seattle for an "all-day outing." He'd been "his usual easygoing self," and "didn't seem troubled at all or upset in anyway," she added.

He had no run-ins with police. He'd just shed dozens of pounds off his 5 foot 9 inch frame, and was healthy. He "smiled easily," and though he didn't have a girlfriend, he had plenty of friends — and no enemies they could think of.

"He'd never been in any trouble," Cantea said.

20071231-172731-pic-27229041_5709146_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

The article states he had lost many pounds prior to his disappearance. If his family ever sees this, it would be great if you could circulate a picture of what he looked like after the weight loss.

Probably a mental breakdown or some kind of trouble that he did not told his family?

I just found this case today and after reading what little info there is about it, I immediately thought suicide. Just because he seemed happy doesn't necessarily mean that he was.

There are oftentimes very few (if any) super obvious warning signs that someone is suicidal. One of the major ones that's so easy to overlook is that people are sometimes very happy and relaxed right before they kill themselves because they know that whatever emotional pain they're currently in will soon be over. Frank's family claim that he was happy-go-lucky could fall into this category (although they do use the word "usual" when describing his cheerful demeanor, so maybe not). I also wonder if his nervous behavior was because his return of the record was sort of a "goodbye" to his friend and he was beginning to waffle in his decision. Perhaps he was afraid that if he stayed and chatted, he might lose his nerve. Again, this is all pure speculation and I'm probably 100% wrong. But that's kind of the impression I get given what little we have to go on.

I also wonder how closely his friend Dan was looked at. As far as we know, we only have his word that Frank came over to his house to return this record. I wonder if he tried to talk to Frank to see why he was so nervous that day as it appears that this was extremely out of character for him.

Weird case. I wonder if BOTH friends were interviewed...especially the one who called the family and asked if they had seen him. A concerned friend or trying to find out what other people might know?? I'm interested in finding out what record he returned to the friend...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back