Michael Powell commits suicide

AmandaReckonwith

Defective Detective
Reaction score
Website
app.photobucket.com
Michael Powell committed suicide.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55817229-78/powell-josh-michael-minneapolis.html.csp

Josh Powell’s sibling apparently committed suicide Monday by jumping off a parking garage in downtown Minneapolis.

Michael C. Powell, 30, jumped from the multi-story structure about 2:25 p.m., according to Minneapolis Police Sgt. Steve McCarty. He landed on a sidewalk next to the garage and died immediately. Five people apparently witnessed the fall, according to a police report.

Michael Powell committed suicide.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55817229-78/powell-josh-michael-minneapolis.html.csp

Josh Powell’s sibling apparently committed suicide Monday by jumping off a parking garage in downtown Minneapolis.

Michael C. Powell, 30, jumped from the multi-story structure about 2:25 p.m., according to Minneapolis Police Sgt. Steve McCarty. He landed on a sidewalk next to the garage and died immediately. Five people apparently witnessed the fall, according to a police report.

Wow. Just wow. Who is left? Daddy, the sister, and the mentally ill brother. I hope Michael left a note telling all he knows.

On a related note, I think Michael was the sibling running the life insurance lawsuit. I wonder how that is doing? Is it possible he heard some bad news on that front which tipped him over the edge?

At any rate, it has to be hard being a part of that dysfunctional family.

ETA: I forgot about the one shining star in that family--Jennifer Graves. My sincerest sympathy for her. It must be very difficult for her watching her family crumble around her. Her mother must be beside herself as well. They must be very strong to continue handling all of this.

:thud:

With all the news about the Arias trial and the California manhunt, this almost slipped by me!

I could see SP pulling a JP stunt once he gets out of jail (is it this May?) and blowing up his house with his last two kids in it just to make sure nobody ever finds out where Susan is, and to give a huge F-U to all law enforcement everywhere.

Oh.My.Gosh.

I hope this guy left a note knowing what he knows.. Are they sure it was suicide and that his father didn't pay to have it done?

Michael Powell had a lot of accomplishments in his life, and may have had a good future had it not been for the burdens he was given by his Father, and the turmoil given by his brother.

God help the rest of them.

WOW...just WOW! :what:

I read this article this morning and thought I had to come here. Can you just imagine how "proud" Steven Powell must be of the legacy that he has??? *IMHO* he is one horrible human for the suffering that he caused his family. It is a tragedy how he "raised" his kids and the mental anguish that he has caused many. {sigh}

Prayers for Jennifer Graves. What a beautiful soul she has.

How completely tragic...another heartbreaking twist to this terrible case. :(

What??? Was just thinking of Susan while waiting for thread to load, at how she didn't even see this latest crap and she knew things weren't right. And then I see this thread?? Wow. What next?

"Powell, 30, leapt to his death from a seven-story Minneapolis parking lot in the middle of the afternoon just after filing an objection to a court who declined to award him $1.5 million insurance money from the death of his brother and nephews."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-insurance-payout-deaths-family-horror.html

Are they saying this was over money??? This whole family is so screwed up. I want to be angry but just think they were touched by evil in the form of Steven.

I read this article this morning and thought I had to come here. Can you just imagine how "proud" Steven Powell must be of the legacy that he has??? *IMHO* he is one horrible human for the suffering that he caused his family. It is a tragedy how he "raised" his kids and the mental anguish that he has caused many. {sigh}

Prayers for Jennifer Graves. What a beautiful soul she has.

BBM I think that Susan suffered the most from his hands, she and her sons. IMHO

Oh.My.Gosh.

I hope this guy left a note knowing what he knows.. Are they sure it was suicide and that his father didn't pay to have it done?

Michael Powell was in a legal battle with Chuck and Judy Cox over the 1.5 million dollar life ins. policies and SP was listed as a beneficiary and Michael Powell defended his father...so I would not think SP had his son killed. I won't play favorites because I do not know these families..but Chuck and Judy Cox are legally fighting for the insurance money also.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back