MS MS - Julius 'TaDarius' Jones, 26, Meridian, 14 August 2011

neverletgo

Reaction score
Family Looking for Closure in Disappearance

xSVI4vM.jpg

"We are not going to forget him," said Tabitha Jones, Julius Jones' mother. "This last year has been a struggle. It has been hard at times, easier at others. But we won't rest until we get him home where he belongs."

<snipped>

Source: http://meridianstar.com/local/x1555261404/Family-looking-for-closure-in-disappearance

TaDarius on the Black and Missing but Not Forgotten website:

Joquasha Samuel misses the smile of her brother and also his sense of style.

The 15-year-old sister of Julius TaDarius “Punkin” Jones, who has been missing for eight months, Joquasha Samuel misses a great many things from the person she idolized most. She still has a hard time talking about her older brother. The time he has been missing has been a drain on the entire family.

Source: http://blackandmissing.org/2012/05/missing-julius-tadarius-punkin-jones-ms/

He doesn't have a Namus entry.

Just saw this on TV One. Came looking for an update or discussion.

In the wake of the mystery, Tabitha Jones and her family have always held out hope a conclusion, no matter how tragic, may be realized. In the meantime, the family prays, holds periodic vigils, and in a new venue, join with others who have lost loved ones to tragic events in order to help each other make it through the rough times.

"Since I and my family have been put through this we have met other people who have also suffered through losses in their lives," Tabitha Jones said recently. "It became clear to us that if we joined together in our sad times maybe we could lift each other up and support one another."

See more at: http://www.meridianstar.com/local/x1938697030/Tribute-to-the-missing-to-be-held#sthash.H5UYcFHI.dpuf

Wish we had more info. All the family says is he ' was going out.' Where did he usually go when he went out? I am just guessing, from his great fashion sense ans style, that he might have gone out to the gay clubs? I wonder if the cops have been asking about him with the regulars there.

Very little information in this case. He doesn't even have a Charley Project page.

I don't think this was a willing disappearance or suicide, as the family did not indicate that he seemed distracted when they last saw him.

So foul play... was he involved in drugs/gangs? His car being found at an abandoned house echoes the case of Brianna Maitland, whose disappearance was also rumored to be drug-related. Perhaps he was ripped off by a dealer, or taken out over an unpaid debt?

Other possibility is hate crime. Wikipedia gives Meridian's demographics in 2000 as 54.4% African American; 44% White. Is there a White Supremacist group in the city?

Perhaps he was car-jacked, forced to drive to the abandoned house and then murdered/put into another car and murdered elsewhere.

At this juncture I don't think anything can be ruled out. I haven't seen anything from the family saying he WASN'T depressed or did NOT have any problems, nor can we rule out intentional disappearance, as he was seen, purportedly, at walmart the day after he went missing with an unidentified female and child. Frankly, we just don't have enough information about him. We don't know what was going on in his life at the time, we don't know anything about his background,we don't know anything about the condition of the car (just where it was found), we don't know more information about the purported walmart visit, we don't know if his credit cards or bank accounts have been used... we're completely in the dark here. I wish the family would create a facebook page or something to get the word out about his disappearance and add some additional background information...

This is my home town. No orginized white supremacist, that I know of. We all get along for the most part. Lots of rural areas. Lots of places to hide a body

:wagon: to Websleuths, ORNurse!

:gthanks: for the local perspective! :wave:

We must not give up on this case this is such a sad case and we must seek to solve this dreadful crime!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back