CA CA: FORSTER Jr, Oscar Wilde Age: 64

He was born 04/05/1933 in New Jersey, mother's surname was Lewis.

In 1940 he was living with his parents in LA County. His father was born in New York, lived 02/17/1885 - 06/12/1951, mother's surname was Meyer. Mother was morn in Pennsylvania, lived 11/03/1902 - 03/22/1988, her surname was Lewis.

As far as I can find, both Oscar Jr and Oscar Sr were only children. Oscar Srs parents were named Anthony Forster (born in Germany, 1928 - sometime between 1900 and 1905), and his mother Alice nee Meyer born 1850 in France.

Oscar Sr and Nora Forster are both buried at the same cemetery. I can't find Nora pre-marriage anywhere though.

Have you contacted them with that info? It sounds like through that they could maybe find some living relatives somewhere, maybe on his mother's side.

I don't know how likely they are to be able to find his mother's family just from a maiden name and date of birth, I would wait to notify ME until there is some viable next of kin, or even a relative that might know who next of kin would be. Especially since Nora Lewis isn't an extremely rare name (plus, Lewis may not even be her maiden name, who knows).

I was massively wrong, the deceased's father was not an only child - he had older siblings all born in New York
Eduard Forster (b. 26 Mar 1874)
Antonette Foerster (b. 27 Apr 1876)
Cassillia James Forster (b. 11 Aug 1878)
Casse Forster (b. 05 Feb 1881)
Julian Forster (b. 12 Apr 1883)

There was also a sister Alice, who on 25 Jul 1897 in New York married a James Emmet (son of John Emmet and Annie Alchorn).

I will contact next of kin for CA cases and then notify ME.. I have permission to contact for my ME's in CA. Me's are overloaded and just do not have the time to go thru leads.. that's what we do for them. :)

I have still not found any Living relatives

I've figured out why it is proving so hard to find living relatives I think. I found Oscar Sr and his parents in the 1900 Census. In it, it says for his mother that she had born 11 children total, but that at the time of the census (1900) she had 2 surviving. So that's Oscar Sr., 16 at the time, and presumably the sister Alice that had married in 1897.

I have I think found Alice in the 1900 Census as Alice Emmet, living with her husband James and 2 year old daugher Jennie Emmet, who was born in 1898

Jennie is therefore the deceased's first cousin. I will keep looking for her in records, but I think as she is likely to be deceased, and even her children may be deceased, it will be difficult to track anyone down. I think the difficulty is also that Oscar Sr and his only surviving sister Alice had a 10 or 11 year gap in age.

By 1905, there are two more first cousins: Eva Emmet and Robert Emmet. In 1915, Eva was 4 and Robert was 3.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back