KC homeless man returns $$$ engagement ring woman accidentally put in his change cup

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Homeless man returns engagement ring after woman accidentally drops it into his change cup (Daily Mail)
A homeless man has returned an engagement ring worth thousands of dollars to a woman after she accidentally dropped it in his change cup.

Billy Ray Harris was sitting on The Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri on Friday when Sarah Darling walked past and gave him what she thought was a handful of change.

Nearly an hour after she walked off, Harris checked his cup and found the large platinum and diamond ring inside.
---
Darling said that she had taken off the ring and placed it in her purse after it was bothering her, and had no idea she had dropped it in Harris' cup.

The next day she returned to the spot where she had met Harris and squatted down next to him to ask if she had left something valuable with him.

He immediately handed the ring back to its owner.
---
Harris said he was simply acting in accordance with how he was brought up by his reverend grandfather. The man raised him from the age of six months.

'Thank the good Lord, it's a blessing, but I do still have some character,' he told KCTV5.
---
more, with pictures and a video, at link above

From the same article:

The channel reported that Harris also once found a Super Bowl ring belonging to a retired Oakland Raiders player alongside a creek that runs through the city. He returned it to the hotel where the man was staying - and was given a hefty reward and a three-night stay the hotel.

It's a crying shame that this very honest man is homeless, jobless, and living on the streets, while some of the most dishonest people are running our companies and our gov't. If I lived closer, I'd do my best to help him however I could.

Beli, I agree, however if he isn't mentally ill, he's likely content with where he is. It's a way of life for some people. I truly believe that some people aren't fit to work or keep up a "normal" lifestyle, and that's okay. Blessed is he and those who come in contact with him.

Daily Mail:

How's that for good karma? Homeless man is given $100,000 by well-wishers
after he returned diamond engagement ring to bride after it fell into his cup

• Sarah Darling mistakenly dropped her ring into Billy Ray Harris’ collection cup
• Rather than pawning it, he kept it safe expecting the owner would return
• To show their appreciation Darling and her husband have setup a fundraising page to help out Harris
• The site has raised more than $100,000 so far
---
Harris has spoken out about the attention he has received since returning the ring.

'I like it, but I don't think I deserve it,' he told KCTV.

'What I actually feel like is, 'What has the world come to when a person who returns something that doesn't belong to him and all this happens?'" he said.
---
more, with pictures and a CNN video, at link above

Love seeing this update! The money is great but being reunited with his family after 16 yrs is awesome!!

I think the woman who put her engagement ring into his cup should not get married to the man she is engaged to.
(But I'm a believer in trusting our subconsious and subliminal actions).

moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk