Criminal pasts don't disqualify members of Arpaio posse

csziggy

Reaction score
The people Joe Arpaio is hiring should not qualify to carry guns, much less be law enforcement and emphatically NOT protecting children!

JMO, of course, but this sounds insane to me:
Criminal pasts don't disqualify members of Arpaio posse
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:14 PM EST Updated: Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:15 AM EST
By Tammy Leitner
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

Maricopa County Sheriff's Posse members wear uniforms, have badges, drive county vehicles and some even carry guns. And some of them also have criminal records.

"They have as much power as the deputy wants to give them, including the power to arrest under the supervision of that deputy," said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Arpaio wants his army of 3,000 volunteer posse members to look like sworn deputies and sometimes perform the same duties. But an in-depth project by CBS 5 Investigates uncovered a number of posse members with arrests for assault, drug possession, domestic violence, sex crimes against children, disorderly conduct, impersonating an officer - and the list goes on.

More: http://www.kpho.com/story/17159125/criminal-pasts-dont-disqualify-members-of-arpaio-posse

Salon.com quotes about one of the posse:
Wednesday, Feb 13, 2013 4:30 PM UTC
Joe Arpaio hired a convicted child-sex criminal for armed school “posse”
After Sandy Hook, the Arizona sheriff sent his gun-toting "posse" -- and a sex offender -- to patrol local schools

<SNIP>
Let’s start with Dominic Boulter, who was arrested — and convicted — for crimes against children.

According to a 2009 article on his arrest:

“Boulter began using an online service called Phonezoo.com in early 2005 to meet young girls between 13 and 17 years old. Boulter ultimately exchanged nude photos and text messages with at least eight underage girls from around the country. Boulter also suggested that he meet the girls in person to engage in sex acts and to get married, according to court documents.

During the encounters, Boulter told the girls he was 15 years old, 27 years old and 32 years old, according to the document.

Boulter admitted to detectives that he had sent harmful images to one underage girl and that he chatted with another via text message and Web cam as he encouraged the child to masturbate, according to court documents.”

More: http://www.salon.com/2013/02/13/joe..._child_sex_criminal_for_armed_school_“posse”/

(I could not get to the original Azcentral.com article quoted in the Salon article - something about cookies being blocked, which I don't have my browser set to do (?). I might need a paid subscription to view articles in their archives, but that is not the message I am getting.)

This is the kind of person Joe Arpaio thinks appropriate to "guard" children? :what: :banghead: :furious: I am beyond speechless.

The people Joe Arpaio is hiring should not qualify to carry guns, much less be law enforcement and emphatically NOT protecting children!

JMO, of course, but this sounds insane to me:

Salon.com quotes about one of the posse:

(I could not get to the original Azcentral.com article quoted in the Salon article - something about cookies being blocked, which I don't have my browser set to do (?). I might need a paid subscription to view articles in their archives, but that is not the message I am getting.)

This is the kind of person Joe Arpaio thinks appropriate to "guard" children? :what: :banghead: :furious: I am beyond speechless.

I'd like to read the entire thing before I make any judgements. I kinda think Sheriff Joe does a good job.

My opinion

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/13/joe..._child_sex_criminal_for_armed_school_“posse”/

A detention officer in the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was arrested late last week on allegations that he exchanged nude photos and lurid messages with underage girls from around the United States.

Sheriff's detectives arrested Dominic Boulter, 51, on Thursday at a Sheriff's Office substation in Avondale. Boulter, a Canadian citizen, was released on a $20,000 bond and ordered to surrender his passport.

According to an arrest report, Boulter began using an online service called &#65533;Phonezoo.com&#65533; in early 2005 to meet young girls between 13 and 17 years old. Boulter ultimately exchanged nude photos and text messages with at least eight underage girls from around the country. Boulter also suggested that he meet the girls in person &#65533;to engage in sex acts and to get married,&#65533; according to court documents.

During the encounters, Boulter told the girls he was 15 years old, 27 years old and 32 years old, according to the document.

Boulter admitted to detectives that he had sent &#65533;harmful images&#65533; to one underage girl and that he chatted with another via text message and Web cam as he encouraged the child to masturbate, according to court documents.

Boulter told detectives that he knew the girl was underage, the document says.

Boulter, a Sun City resident, was booked on suspicion of four counts of transmitting obscene material with a minor, two counts of luring a minor for sexual exploitation, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and two counts of unlawful age representation, all felonies.

The court ordered Boulter to go on an electronic-monitoring program prior to his release and ordered the detention officer to avoid unsupervised contact with minors.

A statement released Monday indicated Boulter was a seven-year employee of the Sheriff's Office and was in an &#65533;administrative segregation unit&#65533; at the Lower Buckeye Jail on a $20,000 bond.

This is from 2009 and says he is/was a detention officer. fyi

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAGEWITHRAGE