731 users online (64 members and 667 guests)  

Websleuths News

Katie Couric bedeviled by strange 911 calls

.........New York City police said Thursday they had been called to Couric's Manhattan home several times recently because of 911 calls traced to a phone listed there. The 911 operator hears only static, but police are compelled to answer each call............

Police say they are investigating whether something's wrong with her phone or if Couric is the victim of a high-tech prankster. ............

It always happens on Tuesdays at 2am.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Upstate NY
    What's the frequency, Katie?

Remember the movie with Michael Keaton called White Noise? I saw a news item that the phone is in her deceased husband's name. I'm not sure if that's true or not but it reminded me of that movie since there's only static on the line.