1193 users online (206 members and 987 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1218
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #36


    http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#


    http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/pb...te=printpicart
    Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.


    http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
    La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

    Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
    Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

    He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

    Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10

    Thread #11
    Thread #12
    Thread #13

    Thread #14
    Thread #15
    Thread #16
    Thread #17
    Thread #18
    Thread #19
    Thread #20
    Thread #21
    Thread #22
    Thread #23
    Thread #24
    Thread #25

    thread #26

    thread #27

    Thread #28

    thread #29

    thread #31

    Thread #32
    Thread #33
    Thread #34
    Thread #35



    Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

    Timeline Reference Post


    Missing Persons Information & Support

    Official Facebook Page
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-24-2016 at 10:08 PM. Reason: broken links

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157

    CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 #5

    Important Changes to the discussion :

    Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

    We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

    Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #36

    The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

    We can discuss our speculation based on facts, we cannot post out and out rumors. You can not speculate on something that is not known thru the media and or law enforcement.


    All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,124
    Folks, we have allowed the discussion of Dylan's father in this case because there are a lot of questions surrounding Dylan's disappearance and he was the last person known to see him prior to his disappeance.

    We do not know what happened to Dylan or who is responsible. It is not a foregone conclusion that MR is responsible for the disappearance of his son.

    We are web sleuths and as web sleuths, we'd like to see any and all possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan discussed here. Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

    All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

    Please carry on and let's do what we do best.

    Thank you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Okay Guys - listen up! The last thread was going off the rails with the ranting about MR. Knock it off. If you just want to gripe - don't post it. Do NOT call names and do not use name variations (such as idiot or bad ass). Do NOT put words in his mouth.

    The mods understand that frustration is high but you need to put this in prespective. While things look hinky, LE has not named MR a POI or a Suspect and LE has a lot more information than we do. MR is still a parent and as such, until LE or MSM tell us different, he is entitled to some respect here.

    Discuss his comments, discuss contradictions if you see them, but leave the ranting off the thread please.

    As always, if you have questions, pm a mod.

    Thanks,

    Salem

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under the Southern Cross
    Posts
    12,283

    CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #36

    Please continue here

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,776
    I can understand so many people going with the theory that someone who knows Dylan or one of his parents took him, as that would have him alive.

    I just don't believe it.

    Maybe if he had been gone a few days, or even a week. But not three months and counting. It would be difficult, not to mention expensive, to maintain a teenage boy, while at the same time hiding him, keeping him captive and still maintaining an outwardly normal appearance or lifestyle to avoid suspicion. And for what purpose? Dylan is far too old not to be able to report his ordeal in great detail at some point, assuming he is not to be kept for his entire life. No one will be able to claim a reward for "producing" him from such a situation as they would at the least, share in the guilt.

    Whatever happened to him is a felony, whether he is deceased or not. If the case is ever solved, someone is going to prison for a long time, if not for life.

    I appreciate the need to want to think of "best case scenarios" and presumably, someone known to the family would be better than the unknown predator.

    Just not at all likely to me. If he is alive, IMO, he is in a terrible, abusive, unthinkable situation this very moment. Not being looked after by some well-intentioned lunatic.

    ETA I believe that if someone was "dim" enough to take Dylan, thinking it was for his sake or whatever dubious reason, he would have been able to outsmart such a person long before now.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,562
    Oh my gosh a new thread and I think I'm even caught up on pages! Need to go to bed but if I could wake up and find out this is solved and Dylan's home safe that's be really great. (yeah I know, it's not likely, but I can dream yes?)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,562
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I can understand so many people going with the theory that someone who knows Dylan or one of his parents took him, as that would have him alive.

    I just don't believe it.

    Maybe if he had been gone a few days, or even a week. But not three months and counting. It would be difficult, not to mention expensive, to maintain a teenage boy, while at the same time hiding him, keeping him captive and still maintaining an outwardly normal appearance or lifestyle to avoid suspicion. And for what purpose? Dylan is far too old not to be able to report his ordeal in great detail at some point, assuming he is not to be kept for his entire life. No one will be able to claim a reward for "producing" him from such a situation as they would at the least, share in the guilt.

    Whatever happened to him is a felony, whether he is deceased or not. If the case is ever solved, someone is going to prison for a long time, if not for life.

    I appreciate the need to want to think of "best case scenarios" and presumably, someone known to the family would be better than the unknown predator.

    Just not at all likely to me. If he is alive, IMO, he is in a terrible, abusive, unthinkable situation this very moment. Not being looked after by some well-intentioned lunatic.

    ETA I believe that if someone was "dim" enough to take Dylan, thinking it was for his sake or whatever dubious reason, he would have been able to outsmart such a person long before now.
    BBM I hate agreeing with you on this, as much as you hated saying it I'm sure. I think you're right but it makes me sick to think so.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21,162
    Look at all these people Dylan has brought together! People from all walks of life, from near and far...so many different opinions and theories, emotions have run high...but we all share the same goal, bringing Dylan Redwine home!! Love and prayers to Dylan's family and friends. May there be a resolution to this terrible situation soon. Dylan, love to you buddy. From all of us far and wide!
    Last edited by margarita25; 02-15-2013 at 06:02 AM.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    876
    So yesterday was all about SODDI -Some Other Dude Did It. And I understand that was an exercise that not all felt they could participate in.

    So assuming he is guilty of something, what did MR do?

    1) Premeditated murder
    2) Accidental death / coverup
    3) Premeditated abduction
    4) Opportunistic abduction

    Any other possibilities where MR is involved?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21,583
    I am checking in...

    Am so sad this case hasn't been resolved yet...

    Hoping Dylan comes home soon!


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    12,859
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I can understand so many people going with the theory that someone who knows Dylan or one of his parents took him, as that would have him alive.

    I just don't believe it.

    Maybe if he had been gone a few days, or even a week. But not three months and counting. It would be difficult, not to mention expensive, to maintain a teenage boy, while at the same time hiding him, keeping him captive and still maintaining an outwardly normal appearance or lifestyle to avoid suspicion. And for what purpose? Dylan is far too old not to be able to report his ordeal in great detail at some point, assuming he is not to be kept for his entire life. No one will be able to claim a reward for "producing" him from such a situation as they would at the least, share in the guilt.

    Whatever happened to him is a felony, whether he is deceased or not. If the case is ever solved, someone is going to prison for a long time, if not for life.

    I appreciate the need to want to think of "best case scenarios" and presumably, someone known to the family would be better than the unknown predator.

    Just not at all likely to me. If he is alive, IMO, he is in a terrible, abusive, unthinkable situation this very moment. Not being looked after by some well-intentioned lunatic.

    ETA I believe that if someone was "dim" enough to take Dylan, thinking it was for his sake or whatever dubious reason, he would have been able to outsmart such a person long before now.
    Clu, this BBM is a great point. I've been ' hoping' someone had him stashed to upset a parent or some type of ......legal issues. I think that is the only positive outcome for Dylan that there is and maybe that's why it's easy to want to look at it . But your statement is so true. If Dylan were 5 yrs old then maybe that person could keep him blindfolded or pass him off to a friend of a friend and he'd never really be able to give a good account of who/what/where /when etc when he's finally released. But a boy of his age can put together pieces , especially in 3 months time, and figure out enough to possibly find that person. Hmmmm

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    12,859
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdHands View Post
    So yesterday was all about SODDI -Some Other Dude Did It. And I understand that was an exercise that not all felt they could participate in.

    So assuming he is guilty of something, what did MR do?

    1) Premeditated murder
    2) Accidental death / coverup
    3) Premeditated abduction
    4) Opportunistic abduction

    Any other possibilities where MR is involved?
    I like your thinking COLD ! Maybe if every day or two we focus completely on one theory, discounting all others as 'proven wrong' , then we can find that one little shred of LIGHT that wraps this up. Maybe if LE is reading along here, like has been suggested, they read something that makes them say . Something that we don't know is significant because we don't have the facts that they do.

    I say we go through all 4 scenarios ad nauseum !
    But I'm confused ' opportunistic abduction' by MR ?
    Please expand. TKS !

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    I like your thinking COLD ! Maybe if every day or two we focus completely on one theory, discounting all others as 'proven wrong' , then we can find that one little shred of LIGHT that wraps this up. Maybe if LE is reading along here, like has been suggested, they read something that makes them say . Something that we don't know is significant because we don't have the facts that they do.

    I say we go through all 4 scenarios ad nauseum !
    But I'm confused ' opportunistic abduction' by MR ?
    Please expand. TKS !
    Sorry, Schmae, I meant that an abduction scenario where MR didn't plan for months - spur of the moment idea.

Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 875
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 12:10 PM
  2. Replies: 1044
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
  3. Replies: 1008
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 11:59 AM
  4. Replies: 1103
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM
  5. Replies: 1048
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 12:12 PM

Tags for this Thread