676 users online (85 members and 591 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Meteor shower over Russia sees meteorites hit Earth

Moscow: A meteor shower has rained down on central Russia, sowing panic as hurtling space debris exploded in the air, blew out windows and injured dozens of people.

The Russsian Emergencies Ministry reported a meteoroid exploded in the skies above the Urals region, sending a shock wave that shattered windows.

"A meteorite (sic) disintegrated above the Urals, partially burning up in the lower atmosphere," the local office of the national emergencies ministry said in a statement.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/meteor-s...215-2ei2j.html

Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Shades of Tunguska,

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Wow, that would scare me to pieces. I hope everyone is ok, and not to hurt.

400 injured as meteor fireball screams across sky in Russia

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2...in-russia?lite

video at link
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

'It was like a scene from the Armageddon movie': More than 500 people injured and buildings smashed as meteorite shower hits Russian town, causes panic and knocks out mobile network

Incredible pictures at the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-network.html
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

OMG, how terrifying!

That chunk out of the lady's leg in the latest dailymail article (n~t's post above this one) is disturbing too!

I hope all is well long term for everyone there.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

From the Daily Mail link I posted above

SO WHAT IS A METEORITE?
    Meteorites are small pieces of rocky debris that have been captured by the Earth's gravity, pulling them from their paths through space and bringing them crashing down to Earth.
    Most are fragments of asteroids that have been shattered by collisions with other asteroids, although some are pieces of Mars or the Moon which have been thrown into space after asteroid collisions with these bodies.
    The vary in age depending on their sources.
    Meteorites from asteroids are around 4.5billion years old.
    Meteorites from the Moon are older than 2.5billion years and meteorites from Mars may be as young as 65million years
    Meteorites are distinct from meteoroids, which are smaller. When meteorites plow into the Earth's atmosphere they produce a brief flash of light, known as a meteor.
    These were originally thought to be weather phenomena - hence the term meteorology for the study of weather.
    The impact of a comet or asteroid 65million years ago is thought to have caused, or at least contributed to, the extinction of around three-quarters of all species living on Earth at the time - including the dinosaurs.
    There have been no recorded deaths due to a meteorite fall.
    A dog was, however, reputedly killed by the fall of the Nakhla martian meteorite in Egypt in 1911.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Can't they predict when one will strike and where? They predicted the Asteroid.

The strike came on the same day as Asteroid 2012 DA14, which is due to skim the orbit of the Earth tonight.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-network.html
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    The world is ending.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Scary. There are Bible and prophecy teachers who believe the book of Joel is speaking about asreroids or meteors. I thinks it's war/weapons at least until the very end because the Bible says men will be destroying the earth, but who knows.

Asteroid DA14 to whizz by Earth today as Russian meteor fuels internet frenzy

Scientists continued to assure nervous Earthlings the end was not nigh on Friday, as a meteorite event in Russia sparked a renewed bout of nervousness and speculation over an impending close-encounter with a 45m asteroid.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...et-frenzy.html
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

I can understand the nervousness.......it is *awfully* coincidental.......

Quote Originally Posted by amandab View Post
    I can understand the nervousness.......it is *awfully* coincidental.......
    Exactly what I was thinking...and a lot of asteroids have (I don't know the right scientific word) little bits that break off and do their own thing...so maybe it is part of tonight's pass?

Just not comfortable about this at all...

Bless their hearts, each and everyone who was impacted (no pun intended) by this "meteorite"...how scary.

And yes, shades of Tunguska indeed.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Drudge has an article

Russian lawmaker denies metorite, claims US weapns test

I couldnt open it on this computer, not sure if the link is good.

I seen some tweets also alone this line.

Metorite.jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast