CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #4

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What began as a double homicide in Irvine, Ca last Sunday night, has now turned into the largest manhunt in Southern California history. A little background.

Calif. college basketball coach, fiance found dead

complete article at link ............... http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...org>&news_id=19299110&src=most_popular_viewed

Engaged Couple Found Shot to Death in Irvine

found dead in Lawrence's Kia, which was parked at the top of the five-story parking structure, Engen said.

"Their deaths are being investigated at a double homicide," Engen said. "There is no suspect information at this time."

complete article at link .............. http://lakeforest-ca.patch.com/articles/couple-found-shot-to-death-in-irvine

Family Pleads for Public's Help in Irvine Double Slaying

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ved-for-Deceased-Irvine-Couple-189932401.html

Wednesday evening LE had identified their suspect and asked the public's help in locating him through MSM's. Then early Thursday morning all heck broke loose in Southern California!

1 officer killed, 2 hurt in Irvine slayings manhunt

http://www.ocregister.com/news/lawrence-494879-quan-belou.html

Ex-LAPD cop tried to steal boat, flee to Mexico, authorities say
full article at link ............... http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-lapd-cops-badge-id-found-in-san-diego.html

Reports: Sources say shooting suspect Christopher Dorner's truck abandoned after axle broke

A former Los Angeles police officer suspected in three murders abandoned his truck when its axle broke, leading to a door-to-door search at Big Bear that entered its third day Saturday, two TV networks reported.

http://www.10news.com/news/reports-...ers-truck-abandoned-after-axle-broke-02092013

Key events in Dorner manhunt

Key events involving Christopher Dorner, the fired Los Angeles police officer suspected of killing at least three people including a police officer in Southern California and posting a manifesto on Facebook outlining plans to kill the families of those he felt wronged him:

http://www.10news.com/home/key-events-in-dorner-manhunt

thread #1 [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8854098#post8854098"] thread #2[/ame] thread #3

Protesters show support for Christopher Dorner

Dozens of protesters gathered outside the Los Angeles Police Department headquarters downtown Saturday afternoon, holding signs of support for Christopher Dorner, the fired police officer suspected of killing four people.

Those gathered said they were protesting police corruption and the way the massive manhunt for Dorner was conducted. Authorities said Dorner appears to have died from a self-inflected gunshot wound after a shootout with police in Big Bear on Tuesday, ending a deadly rampage that stretched across Southern California.

full article at link ................ http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/protesters-show-support-for-christopher-dorner.html

The next time those protesters get carjacked or robbed or assaulted maybe they should call each other for help and not LAPD. See how well that works for them. JMO, IMO, MOO

The next time those protesters get carjacked or robbed or assaulted maybe they should call each other for help and not LAPD. See how well that works for them. JMO, IMO, MOO

:rocker: You have that right Seajay.

So let me get this straight....they are protesters who are in support of Dorner who want to make sure there are never any more people like Dorner around? Huh? :waitasec: Am I the only person confused by this logic? :banghead:

So let me get this straight....they are protesters who are in support of Dorner who want to make sure there are never any more people like Dorner around? Huh? :waitasec: Am I the only person confused by this logic? :banghead:

No, you are not the only one confused by the logic displayed by these brain trusts. I am totally confused by their logic, which I guess is probably a good thing.

IMO, JMO, :moo: , and all other disclaimers.

As the protesters stood Saturday, drivers passing by honked, waved and gave thumbs up. A handful of officers watched from police headquarters across the street.
The protesters marched around the block, circling an intersection near the department headquarters. They chanted, “LAPD, you are guilty.”

Signs expressed anger at police and support for Dorner.

“If you’re not enraged, you’re not paying attention,” one sign read.

“Why couldn’t we hear his side?”

“Clear his name! Christopher Dorner”

Can't imagine want those LEO's were thinking.

Dozens of pro-Dorner protesters rally at LAPD HQ

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57569788/dozens-of-pro-dorner-protesters-rally-at-lapd-hq/

Protesters told the Los Angeles Times they didn't support Dorner's deadly methods, but objected to police corruption and brutality, and believed Dorner's claims of racism and unfair treatment by the department. Many said they were angered by the conduct of the manhunt that led to Dorner's death and injuries to innocent bystanders who were mistaken for him.

Are you saying LE should not have to do their job because some are protesting the way this case was handled?

All of this talk about him having access to the internet or TV (at the time, it was unknown) and some implying that twitter etc....was "blocked" for hundreds of miles.

Wouldn't a hand held police scanner be far more practical than trying to access the internet and read articles or listen to online scanner broadcasts? Plus seeing as how he is an ex-cop I would think that would be the first choice for him.

Dorner is nothing special. If he were some random guy off the streets and he engaged in a gun battle with 50+ LE fter killing random innocents and promising to kill more, he'd probably of ended up dead too. They didn't go out of their way to silence him. You shoot at LE, they shoot back. Nothing new here.

Frankly I am surprised people are so surprised by this. If Dorner had gotten the nation's attention and then surrendered without weapons, everyone would have heard his side. Dorner knew that.

My God, is this American LE? I cannot condone Dorner, but I cannot condone this. Perhaps this treatment makes Dorners?

http://www.videosfortruth.com/police-slam-and-hog-tie-pregnant-woman/

They do seem a bit heavy handed. Being stupid isn't exactly a crime (And she was obviously acting stupid. Maybe she doesn't understand English? How did she get a drivers license?) Stopping on the highway to use a cell phone? Pull across to the LEFT lane on a highway and trying to stop? Having to be told "Police! PULL OVER" after the sirens are blasting and they are following her? Being told to "TURN AROUND" and just standing there looking dazed?

But acting stupid and not understanding English isn't technically a crime and she didn't actually evade arrest.

And, yes, police brutality and racism exist. So does police altruism and heroism. It's a mixed bag, just like the rest of the human race- it's a constant battle of attempting to weed out the bad fruit.

Again with the nonsensical logic. We are saying that the very same people who bash LE will probably at some point in their life be in need of their assistance....and will definitely turn to them when the need arises. How is that for irony?

Uhhhh...NO. Having been raped by a police officer, I can safely say there is nothing I'd EVER call them for. Nothing.

All of this talk about him having access to the internet or TV (at the time, it was unknown) and some implying that twitter etc....was "blocked" for hundreds of miles.

Wouldn't a hand held police scanner be far more practical than trying to access the internet and read articles or listen to online scanner broadcasts? Plus seeing as how he is an ex-cop I would think that would be the first choice for him.

I think that would be his first choice, too, however that doesn't mean he wasn't using his second and third choices, as well. Twitter wasn't "blocked"...several people were posting Twitter messages from news agencies, etc. on this very site when he was in that cabin. Local LE doesn't have the authority to shut down Twitter to everyone in the world because of what was going on in Big Bear (they can ask that news agencies not tweet what they see going on, in the interest of their safety and the safety of the public.)

The argument that was posted about the Twitter shutdown was circular reasoning ad therefore didn't make any sense. The argument was that LE shouldn't have "blocked" Twitter because Dorner didn't have access to Twitter because it was blocked by LE. :waitasec: .

Uhhhh...NO. Having been raped by a police officer, I can safely say there is nothing I'd EVER call them for. Nothing.

That is a terrible and horrible thing and I am so sorry you went through that; I can definitely see where your distrust of LE comes from. There is NEVER any excuse for such actions and I hope that SOB was locked up....and gets what he deserves in prison.

With that said, and I mean this with all due respect, that one LEO is in no way indicative of the actions of an entire agency, nationwide. There are evil monsters everywhere, the police force isn't precluded (after all, Dorner was one of them!) I also doubt those handful of crazy Dorner supporters ever suffered as you did at the hands of a LEO. This is California and, unfortunately, many people would sell their souls at an opportunity to get on TV, and also think it's "cool" to be different and will jump at any chance to act in opposition to the majority. We are used to it here. The showing at that "Dorner Support Rally" was pitiful.

I get it and I completely agree that there are bad cops, bad firemen, bad teachers, bad priests, bad... I agree. Do I feel the majority or even a large percent are corrupt and evil? Of course not. I also agree that they make mistakes and a few officers erred in a serious (and some not so serious) ways during the manhunt. And I am certain the actions of those few will be reviewed and proper action will be taken.

I am surrounded by LAPD in my neighborhood and they are some of the nicest, most supportive, incredible fathers, wonderful husbands, etc. that I have ever met. I draw off of personal experience myself and would have absolutely no issue calling up LE to protect me if and when the need arose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back