Identified! IL - New Lenox, I-80, WhtFem 23-40, 592UFIL, in ditch, Apr'81 - Brenda Sue Black

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 592UFIL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/592ufil.html
NamUs UP 3153 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3153

592UFIL.jpg
592UFIL1.jpg

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on April 19, 1981 in New Lenox, Will County, Illinois
Estimated Date of Death: 2-12 months prior to discovery
Partial Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 23-35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"-5'7"; 100-115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair. Only a few strands of long hair were located - light brown to blonde. Exam indicates that the right nasal bone had been fractured and healed.
Clothing: No clothing or jewelry located. No personal effects were found.
Dentals: Available; Number 19 Mesial-Occlusal Distal amalgam, with the distal lingual cuspid fractured off.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: mtDNA available at UNT.

This no photo NamUs MP casefile has been in the system since 2009.

There's not alot of info on her, but I found three photos of her (including her senior portrait) in the 1967 Omaha Central High School yearbook (when she was about 18 years old). She went missing in 1981 at the age of 30, so she was much older at the time that she went missing. But nevertheless, she has a distinctive facial shape.

NamUs MP # 2774 https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2774/10

ANNA T CIACCIO

21cd6986-b0c4-4818-8153-4f5c87cb7015.jpg
cdbc06a5-5a8b-4be2-aa82-2c09867daf5f.jpg
9a2cfb7a-33b7-4221-9bcc-471dee40813f.jpg

LKA
Date LKA: March 05, 1981
Age LKA: 30 years old
Location LKA: Papillion, Sarpy County, Nebraska

Vital Stats
Race White
Sex Female
Height (inches) 64.0
Weight (pounds) 140.0
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Hazel

Identifiers
Dentals: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete
Fingerprints: Not available

Y'all Suppose?

592UFIL.jpg
cdbc06a5-5a8b-4be2-aa82-2c09867daf5f.jpg
592UFIL1.jpg

Oops, :nevermind:. She is on the NamUs rule-out list.

don't you find it stunning that someone can take the time to fill out a MP report and not care to provide a single photograph of the person?

I realize there could be cases where a family is dirt poor and photography is a luxury, but come on now. you took the time to find a HS graduation picture of Anne. surely her family could have done better than that unless there is some sinister reason for not doing so.

The family might have produced photos to go with the missing person report even if they haven't been uploaded in Namus. If she was reported missing sometime in the 1980's that's plenty of time for lost case files etc.

Broken nose and tooth makes you think of domestic or child abuse but it could also be from some "innocent" cause like a fall or traffic accident.

This is an area where some thought a serial killer might have been operating in the 1980s and 90s. Tammy Zywicki being the most famous possible victim.

What about Paula Lynch? 5'8" is in the ballpark, weight about 15 pounds off, but that could fluctuate in a year or two (or have been a rough estimate to begin with.)

Paula would have been 23-24 by then...at the young end of the age range.

She was blonde, like the UID and the tattoos probably would not have been recognizeable given the postmortem interval.

She was from Sandusky, Ohio, and last heard from in Marathon, FL in 1978, but she left home to "see the country" so winding up in IL is not unreasonable.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20436/172/

592UFIL.jpg
592UFIL1.jpg

She sure does look like the recon.

Sure. I'd say she's possible.

The similarities of the bone structure around the eyes is spooky. I would be surprised if shes not.

Paula's DNA sample is submitted but the tests are not complete. I plan on trying to call it in tomorrow. If we did nothing, NamUs would probably rule in/out anyway (assuming we're dealing with apples to apples in terms of nucDNA/mtDNA), but maybe if the detective on the case thinks it's a good possible they can have it expedited.

Left a message with the detective on Paula's case.

Paula's DNA is now listed as Sample Submitted - Tests Complete. There are now 148 rule outs in NamUs, but Paula is still not one of them. Never did hear back from LE about Paula. That was on the MP side though. Perhaps I need to make a call to the UID side...seems like they're pretty invested in solving this.

Talked to Will County today...they are going to check with UNT re Paula. Very impressed with their cold case detective too.

I have a few PMs for this woman.

LANA CORONADO
Age is within range. Race matches, height is within an inch. Timing is consistent and nothing in the listed circumstances suggest she met with foul play near home.

VERONIQUE COURCHESNE
Age is within range. Race matches and height is within an inch. Her hair was dyed blonde when she went missing. She disappeared in November 1979, but the circumstances strongly suggest she ran away (she withdrew a lot of money right before, and she called her husband a month after her disappearance). It's possible she made it to Illinois.
I don't see much resemblance between her and the UID, though.

VONNIE BALES
Age is within range. Race matches, height is within an inch, hair is listed as sandy blonde. She went missing in July 1979.

NORMA HALFORD
Age is within 2 years. Race, height and hair color all match. She looks similar to the reconstruction on NamUs.

There was an article on Vice about the Will County Cold Case team. It made me think of this UID. They call her Madame Butterfly.

I thought it was a long shot, but I submitted Karen Koppel (NamUs MP #35006) as this UID a little while ago. Age is within range, height is within an inch, probable year of death is within range. Karen Koppel was last seen in downtown Chicago which is only about 40 miles from New Lenox. Karen is a likely victim of organized crime.

Gene Sullivan responded and said he would look into it.

Someone posted this out on a thread I just started on Friday. The thread regards a girl named Charlotte Ann Erdman who ran away from home in Wisconsin on July 18th 1974. She may have been picked up by a 41 year old Truck driver based off Illinois and mailed a letter to her family from there. Her family recently reported her disappearance.
———————————————————
MP56930 - Charlotte Ann Erdman
upload_2019-6-7_23-16-19-jpeg.188147

Name: Charlotte Ann Erdman
Missing since: 07/18/1974
Missing from: Watertown, Dodge County, Wisconsin
Height/Weight: 5’8”; 140 pounds
Hair/Eye Color: Brown and Blue
Race: White/Caucasian
Details: Charlotte ran away from home at age 15. She may have been picked up by a 41 year-old long-haul trucker based out of Illinois. Family received a letter from her around 2 weeks after her disappearance, postmarked from Illinois, stating she was not involved in any illegal activity and would continue to send correspondence. They never heard from her again
Law Enforcement contact:
Agency:
Dodge County Sheriffs Office
Phone Number:
(920) 386-3726
Case #: 19-13718
Date reported: 05/29/2019
Link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

————————————————————-
Charlottes thread link: WI - WI - Charlotte Ann Erdman, 15, Watertown, 18 July 1974
————————————————————-
Photo Comparison
upload_2019-6-11_22-45-31.jpegupload_2019-6-11_22-45-48.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members