1093 users online (190 members and 903 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Mortal Evidence - Cyril Wecht

I just got my copy of "Mortal Evidence" by Cyril Wecht this morning. I will read the bits of this book that I can stomach (I have a very weak stomach!) and then I shall pass it on to my mother who loves anything to do with post mortems and forensic detection!

It's got a fair sized chapter on the Ramseys case plus a post mortem photo which I've not seen before - one of JonBenet before she was removed to the morgue. The photo gives a fairly clear image of the white blanket and it's different from what I imagined. There are also some marks on her upper arm which look odd and I've never seen any images of that before.

I'm looking forward to reading this book. I like Cyril Wecht's plain speaking. He's very good at explaining things technically - but in simple terms.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

I'll requested it through my library!
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

The photo sounds interesting, Jay. Fire up your scanner and let's see if we can get Maxi to post it!

ajt400Guest
    What was strange about the blanket...please do tell...

The blanket wasn't strange - just different from how I'd imagined it.
    This is only my opinion

Alert Viewer in Scotland

ajt400Guest
    Okay, how did you imagine it? Was it not wrapped the way you thought it would be? I am sorry, please explain....

No, it was just the blanket itsef. The photo is clear and I had imagined a different kind of blanket. I had imagined a cellular blanket and it's not. It's got ridges on it. This isn't important really and I suppose it's not even particularly interesting :-)

We can't post images here. Her arm is showing and is very dark red apart from a funny shaped light mark. I presume the dark colouring is lividity, but what would cause the white mark? Is that what is called 'blanching'? Is that if her body was pressing against something? The white mark is like a shark's fin. The image clearly shows the garotte . I absolutely HATE these images. Poor baby. I can't bear to imagine what she went through.
    This is only my opinion

Alert Viewer in Scotland

MaxiGuest
    Jayelles, if you scan the photo and email it to me, I will post it on an external site and link to it here.

OK.
    This is only my opinion

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Maxi - I've scanned it but your e-mail addy is disabled. To where should I send it?

I'm going to bed very shortly. Freshly laundered sheets and an excellent DVD are beckoning ... :-)
    This is only my opinion

Alert Viewer in Scotland

What IF Wecht was right? What if Jonbenet was molested three days or so before her murder?
    Clearly the police used this information against the Ramseys,once again, determining one of them killed her,however,if Wecht is right,it may have been the biggest clue in the hunt for the killer.
    Who had access to that child during those last days,who babysat for her,where was she? in whose home? whose brothers?fathers? could she have been left alone with for even a few moments?
    Who then,had to kill her and stage this "scene" to make it look like an abduction by a foreign faction,to protect themselves?

IMO JMO

sissi, why would a neighbor, friend, babysitter, or anyone else outside the Ramsey family you suggest may have molested JonBenet, wait several days after molesting her before killing her to keep her quiet? What would make any of them think JonBenet hadn't already spilled the beans--maybe even on Christmas Day-- to her parents and that they had contacted LE, and LE had begun to investigate the claim?

Originally posted by sissi
    What IF Wecht was right? What if Jonbenet was molested three days or so before her murder?
    Clearly the police used this information against the Ramseys,once again, determining one of them killed her,however,if Wecht is right,it may have been the biggest clue in the hunt for the killer.
    Who had access to that child during those last days,who babysat for her,where was she? in whose home? whose brothers?fathers? could she have been left alone with for even a few moments?
    Who then,had to kill her and stage this "scene" to make it look like an abduction by a foreign faction,to protect themselves?
    Excellent questions, Sissi! Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

As I suggested on another thread, instead of making silly denials of the undeniable fact that JonBenét was abused prior to the night she was killed per overwhelming expert opinion, theorists should use that information to help form their theories.

You are absolutely right that LE should have looked carefully at people very close to the family. Who had access to JB during those last few days? This includes extended family. Of course, they DID look at everyone, but maybe they should have looked more closely at John Andrew and Grandpa Paugh and ??... did they really have airtight alibis?

Here's a wild thought to explain the Ramseys' guilty behavior, evasiveness, inconsistent statements and lies: (not that I want to help intruder theorists, but...) has it ever occurred to intruder theorists that someone other than John or Patsy (i.e. "intruder") was the perp BUT that John and Patsy suspected each other and tried to cover for each other, hence the guilty behavior?
    The intruder is innocent! JMO

I just got my copy today and thumbed through it.

I am glad Wecht points out the fibers on the duct tape. The fibers that are consistant with Patsy's jacket. How Patsy went on Tv after being confronted by this and explained how she hugged Jonbenet's body.

Only problem is, both the white blanket and the duct tape remained on the basement floor,Patsy.

Wecht does a good job in dispelling the stun gun and DNA, says the same things we have been saying all along. I wonder if he reads here.

IVY quote: sissi, why would a neighbor, friend, babysitter, or anyone else outside the Ramsey family you suggest may have molested JonBenet, wait several days after molesting her before killing her to keep her quiet?

I really don't know,but will offer a guess(if this was the case).
    It seems many ,who have been molested,keep the secret out of fear or embarrassment. If the threat were huge,along the line of killing perhaps another family member if she told,she may keep the secret while in the area of the molestor,but,let it go in the safety of family in Charlevois. He knew that once out of his control she would tell.
    This would narrow the range of suspects considerably,leaving only those that Patsy could recall were alone with her for any period of time. I don't suspect a family member,but I have always wondered about the story from the other mom,about the santa visit. Why did no one else know this,not even Burke? Was this such a big secret that she shared it with a stranger rather than with her family? Was it true?

IMO JMO

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast