1377 users online (306 members and 1071 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Students urged to finish GED; changes due in 2014

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read...popular_viewed

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Adults who've begun working toward their GED are being urged to finish up this year, before the test for a high school equivalency diploma changes and they have to start all over.

GED Testing Service will introduce a new version of the test, given nationwide, on Jan. 1, 2014. Developers say the first major changes since 2002 will align the test with the new Common Core curricula adopted by most states to increase college and career readiness. It also will shift test-taking from pencil and paper to computer.

More at link......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Thanks for the info. I have a relative who homeschooled the last year, but we still want to get the ged and better not delay. In my town, it's hard to even find the phone number or name of the place that gives them nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have a relative who homeschooled the last year, but we still want to get the ged and better not delay. In my town, it's hard to even find the phone number or name of the place that gives them nowadays.
    Go to this website and click on Question #5

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index2.as...4&menu_id2=945
    Last edited by i.b.nora; 02-18-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: to correct the number