GUILTY FL - Ember Murray, 6 wks, dies of head trauma, Silver Springs Shores, 30 Jan 2013

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Fla-Man-Charged-with-Infants-Death--191591871.html

Ocala,FL- A central Florida man has been charged with murder in the death of his 6-week old daughter.............

paraphrase: He said he tripped and she fell from his arms...(which apparently had happened several times before since there were past bruises.)(sarc)

The child had multiple skull fractures when she was brought to the hospital on January 30th.

The Ocala Star Banner reports the baby's grandmother came home from work and found the baby unresponsive on the floor and called 911.......

Murray was also charged Friday with aggravated child abuse.

Again, where was the mother?

No matter how many times I see cases like this, it is shocking and heartbreaking and infuriating.

I will never understand. :shakehead:

Me neither, tlcya....and don't want to ......I just want him in jail forever!

Nothing about the mother, so I assume the he and the baby lived with his mother...so why had she not noticed the 'prior bruises'?

He didn't even pick the baby up off the floor, just left the poor thing lying there! What a waste of breath!

August 2016:

Life in prison for death of infant daughter

http://www.ocala.com/news/20160818/guilty-life-in-prison-for-death-of-infant-daughter

An Ocala man is guilty of aggravated child abuse and felony murder in the 2013 death of his infant daughter, a jury decided on Thursday.

Jeremy Murray, 32, is set to serve life in prison. Circuit Judge Willard Pope had no discretion in the sentence, which he announced minutes after the verdict. It corresponds to the felony murder conviction.

The 12 jurors returned their verdict about 4 p.m. after less than two hours of deliberation. They considered two and a half days of testimony and arguments regarding the death of Ember Murray, who was taken off life support at just 6 weeks old in early February 2013. She had been admitted unresponsive to a hospital days earlier, and a medical examiner later ruled her death a homicide by way of blunt head trauma.

The verdict culminated an at times emotional trial. Murray kept his gaze straight ahead upon hearing the verdict, turning to nod at his tearful mother only after a bailiff handcuffed him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back