1314 users online (292 members and 1022 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Stefano Riccioletti, 49, killed by drunk driver, Miami Beach, 28 Jan 2013

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ughter-charge/

The victim's family is being represented by Jose Baez. (for the civil matter) Although I do not like him I hope he is able to get justice for the victim and his family, And I hope the prosecutors get justice for the victim and his family as well.

And I hope she goes away for a very long time.

Is she well known in the Miami/Miami Beach area?

I've never heard of her.

From the above article:
    Tomica’s attorney, Mark Shapiro, said his client is a young girl who made a tragic mistake.

“She’s just a regular person who finds herself in this horrible situation,” he said.

And tragic mistakes have tragic consequences. She should be held accountable, imo.
    "Crack up the music and dance!"

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ughter-charge/

The victim's family is being represented by Jose Baez. (for the civil matter) Although I do not like him I hope he is able to get justice for the victim and his family, And I hope the prosecutors get justice for the victim and his family as well.

And I hope she goes away for a very long time.

Is she well known in the Miami/Miami Beach area?

I've never heard of her.
    No, I don't believe she was well known or anything like that. She called herself "party princess" so that is why they are calling her that.
    Just my opinion

"She has finals next week" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? She is worried about finals when she killed someone by driving 3 times over the alcohol limit???????

Quote Originally Posted by julie2 View Post
    "She has finals next week" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? She is worried about finals when she killed someone by driving 3 times over the alcohol limit???????
    I really have to watch what I say here....this girl looks like a spoiled little biatch.....she looks absolutely incensed at the proceedings. And her selfish concern about finals really infuriates me. Snotty little thing. IMO

House arrest??? She hit and killed a man while driving drunk, fled the scene (with his blood and brain matter in her hair) and evaded a witness who was trying to stop her... then had a snooze at the police station.

Why is this girl allowed a comfy house arrest?

If she were lower income, or black or Hispanic, she'd be in jail.

Class and race play a factor. MO.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

You know, I might have actually felt a bit sorry for her - being young, stupid, and scared, and facing a whole lot of jail time at age twenty - if it weren't for two facts:

- being THREE TIMES over the limit. That doesn't sound like a drink or two, and making a horrible misjudgment. That sounds well drunk, to me.

- the finals remark. A wife and kids are without their husband and father for the rest of their lives, but the finals are what they chose to remark upon? Gmab.

I'd also like to see them go after the bar where she got drunk. Someone saw her drinking, and knew she was driving when she left. GO JOSE.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

How would blood and brain matter have gotten in her hair? Was she in a convertible?

Documents Detail Night Of Hit And Run That Killed Miami Beach Chef

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/02/22...mi-beach-chef/

From reading this it's hard for me to believe she couldn't have seen the Good Samaritan witness trying to flag her down...

Girlrilla, the witness says he communicated to her "on the side [of the car] that was down". Maybe she had a window open? Not clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    If she were lower income, or black or Hispanic, she'd be in jail.

Class and race play a factor. MO.
    I really believe that socio-economics play the largest role in this regard. Money, and connections that come with money, buy all sorts of favors. MOO.

There will be a trial, won't there?
    Just my opinion, of course.

Party Princess Karlie Tomica Charged With DUI Manslaughter, Widow Says She's Waiting For Apology

See more at: http://www.insideedition.com/headlin....PE1H1RDk.dpuf

By the way, what a heroic bystander for following her and notifiying the police.
    If that didn't happen, even if they found her later, they would not be able to charge her with DUI, since they wouldn't have her test results.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    You know, I might have actually felt a bit sorry for her - being young, stupid, and scared, and facing a whole lot of jail time at age twenty - if it weren't for two facts:

- being THREE TIMES over the limit. That doesn't sound like a drink or two, and making a horrible misjudgment. That sounds well drunk, to me.

- the finals remark. A wife and kids are without their husband and father for the rest of their lives, but the finals are what they chose to remark upon? Gmab.

I'd also like to see them go after the bar where she got drunk. Someone saw her drinking, and knew she was driving when she left. GO JOSE.
    BBM Oh, they'll definitely go after the bar. Nikki Beach is really popular in Miami Beach. Not only that, she was an underage bartender (only 20-years-old). She was most likely serving herself (customers buying her shots) which a manager should have been 100% aware of. Not only will the family go after Nikki Beach, I would bet a lot of money that ATF is investigating and they'll be some serious fines to pay and maybe even worse which is their liquor license can be revoked.

Jose may actually make some money off this case.
    Justice for Trayvon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast