1038 users online (217 members and 821 guests)  

Websleuths News

Ex-senator confesses to fathering child with daughter of GOP senate colleague

Senator Confesses to Secret Out-of-Wedlock Son with Daughter of Another Senator (Gawker)
    Pete Domenici, the retired New Mexico senator, announced to the Albuquerque Journal today that he fathered a son out of wedlock more than 30 years ago, keeping the child's existence and identity a secret at the behest of its mother, Michelle Laxalt. Who herself happens to be the daughter of another Senator—Nevada Republican Paul Laxalt.
    ---
    Laxalt, a lobbyist and political consultant, describes her tryst with Domenici, a Republican who retired in 2008, as "one night's mistake [...] my interaction with my child's father consisted of telling him my decision, asking that he avail himself for health-related purposes, and asking that he agree that this remain private between the two of us."
    ---
    [Ex-Senator Laxalt wrote,] "Recently information has come to me that this sacred situation might be twisted, re-written out of whole cloth, and shopped to press outlets large and small in a vicious attempt to smear, hurt and diminish Pete Domenici, an honorable man, his extraordinary wife, Nancy, and other innocents."
    ---
    According to his statement, Domenici only told his family sometime last year.
    ---
    more at the link

What 'health related purposes' was she referring to?
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

Yeah...health reasons?

What a strange story.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Most likely his health history.

Probably for the "health" of the various pro-"family values"/Family Protection Act campaigns of that time-period.

I think the 'health related purposes' has more to do with things like, say the kid develops MS, for instance, is MS something that the father had, or did it run in his family? Or any number of possible health related issues. Also, thirty years ago, DNA was just making its first appearance known to the general public (I think).