864 users online (142 members and 722 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Arrow Lies Exposed: discuss the cross exam of Arias

Discuss the lies that have been debunked in cross exam here (stick to the topic):

Day one of cross exam:

Last edited by KateB; 05-19-2015 at 09:54 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

I hope someone can post screen caps of the diary entries. They refute her broken finger and pedophilia allegations.

Quite telling that Nurmi has never once bothered to quote anything from her diary. Because there's nothing in it to support her allegations of abuse. I know we're going to see a lot more of that diary in cross.

I am interested in this new evidence that has been brought up about some mail she sent from jail!

bringing over minor4th's list from the other page

Ok, so can y'all help me list all the lies that were exposed today?

Here's what I remember:

1. Her finger wasn't really hurt by Travis
    2. The "pedophile" confrontation really didn't happen on Jan 21 (didn't happen at all)
    3. Travis wasn't barraging her with phone calls after on the alleged ped confrontation day
    4. Exchanging cars didn't happen on the day she said it did
    5. Matt was not really her boyfriend when she stalked his new girlfriend
    6. She omitted information about her pre-murder trip through California -- she spent the night with Matt on June 2
    7. She tried to influence witness testimony through coded messages, and apparently lied to her attorneys
    8. She enjoyed the sex adventures, contrary to her prior testimony
    9. She told her DV expert Travis was looking at pedo pics on the computer and changed her story after she found out there was no computer evidence

What else?

10. Getting her nails done in Salinas (?) -- it looks like Juan is going to produce some evidence that she got her hair dyed there (that's where we ended)

OOPS...wrong thread...
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Last edited by KateB; 05-19-2015 at 09:55 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

On one of the threads someone added another really good one, but now I can't find it - and I can't remember what it was!

He also established that she had talked to her Dad about her relationship with Travis even though she testified earlier that her family did't know what was going on.

I think the biggest lie that was debunked was the notion that Jodi is such a vulnerable victim of ongoing, long-term of abuse, that she was so beaten down and defeated that she no longer had any choice and that even text messages sent from 1,000 miles away compelled her to obey her abuser.

JM showed us the face of Jodi Arias that she shows when her will is crossed, when she doesn't get what she wants, when she believes she is entitled to do anything she wants to get what she wants.

Today I was reminded of the famous photo snapped at the instant that Ted Bundy lost his composure in the courtroom, and suddenly the world saw the face of the monster that was the last face his victims saw. Until then, he appeared human, affable, amiable, genial, "one of us." Then he lost it and his face lost its human mien, the monster was exposed, and from that instant we all knew exactly what he was.

I felt that today Juan Martinez made a very good start on the same path with Jodi Arias. We saw glimpses today of the face that Travis saw just before he was gone forever, and we will see that face more clearly as the cross examination continues until we all know, without a shadow of a doubt, what Jodi Arias is.

Thank you nursebeeme for giving me this space to vent.

Juan: You cut your finger at Margaritaville
    Jodi: I said work
    Juan: but didn't you also say you cut it at Travis's???
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by cartercar View Post
    I think the biggest lie that was debunked was the notion that Jodi is such a vulnerable victim of ongoing, long-term of abuse, that she was so beaten down and defeated that she no longer had any choice and that even text messages sent from 1,000 miles away compelled her to obey her abuser.

JM showed us the face of Jodi Arias that she shows when her will is crossed, when she doesn't get what she wants, when she believes she is entitled to do anything she wants to get what she wants.

Today I was reminded of the famous photo snapped at the instant that Ted Bundy lost his composure in the courtroom, and suddenly the world saw the face of the monster that was the last face his victims saw. Until then, he appeared human, affable, amiable, genial, "one of us." Then he lost it and his face lost its human mien, the monster was exposed, and from that instant we all knew exactly what he was.

I felt that today Juan Martinez made a very good start on the same path with Jodi Arias. We saw glimpses today of the face that Travis saw just before he was gone forever, and we will see that face more clearly as the cross examination continues until we all know, without a shadow of a doubt, what Jodi Arias is.

Thank you nursebeeme for giving me this space to vent.
    Awesome post! I noticed when he was questioning her about the magazines how her speech got faster and faster as if the more she said the more she could erase the knowledge that the jury had just gained about her attempted witness tampering.
    I think tihs is huge.
    "Crack up the music and dance!"

Her finger was not broken by Travis and Juan had pictures to prove it.

Today, she states it was her right fingers that were cut the night she murdered Travis (she didn't say that, I did) but in the interrogation video, she points out her left hand to Detective Flores.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast