826 users online (123 members and 703 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Four-year-old boy found alone in McDonald's, police seeking help finding parents

CORBIN, Ky. - Police in Corbin are asking for your help in locating the parents or relatives of a four year old boy who was found alone in a McDonald's.

The Corbin Police Department tells us that they were called to the McDonald's restaurant on Cumberland Falls Hwy around 4:00 PM on Thursday.

Employees of the restaurant told police that they had found a four year old boy, who said that his name was Kevin.

Police say that Kevin is unable to provide his parents' names or address.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/F...192386031.html
    Last edited by CarmelEyesD; 02-21-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: add link

Poor kid.

Wow. Cute little boy.

Family located...

Police in Corbin now say they've located the family of a 4-year-old boy who was found alone at a McDonald's.

Just before 8 p.m. Thursday, police say the family had been found. However, they say this case is still under investigation.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/F...192386031.html

The original article has been updated to say the parents have been found. Luckily they are investgating, How can you leave your little boy like that?

Typed too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by gm8549 View Post
    The original article has been updated to say the parents have been found. Luckily they are investgating, How can you leave your little boy like that?

Typed too slow.
    Drugs would be my guess.
    Just my opinion, of course.

He's a little too young to say, "hey, I'll ne back in a few hours-play nice." I figure they totally forgot him, or drugs...either way, there should be some charges for neglect at the very least...

Poor kiddo!

Is he their only child?
    Or do they have several children and just didn't notice him missing?
    Did the parents even have the child or was he with a babysitter or something?

Did somebody actually bring him into the McDonald's and leave him there? (Vehicle picture?)
    Or did he just wander in on his own?

Way too many questions left here to judge this one.

The original link had been updated. Apparently the grandmother had custody of him and she simply forgot him at the McDonald's. She is being charged and they have taken away her custody.

If anyone needs a reminder that there are still many caring people in the world just read the comments of this article. One after the other posts they would take him, bless his heart, prayers for him. What a wonderful community this is. Jmo

http://www.lex18.com/news/child-foun...bin-restaurant
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

OMG I hope my mind never goes to the point that I would take my grandkids somewhere and forget them. I can see how it may happen to some people as they age. I'm sure this is not the first time an elderly grandparent has done this.

I guess the question is did she do it on purpose or is she having a medical problem and shouldn't be caring for the little one.

Poor little boy. Hopefully he is with someone loving.

I have a 5 yr old son and this is still just breaking my heart that he was left. He doesn't look scared in the photo the police posted but I betting he was. And two thumbs up to the employees who noticed him and called the police. The Mc Donalds that I go to doesn't even care if your order is correct much less if a kid is unsupervised.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/P...192587681.html

Pastor Defends the Grandmother
    I can see how this may have happened-and she was a choir practice nonetheless!!! And here we are all thinking the worst of these people.

Yes-this could have ended horribly, but I can see how something like this might happen when there is confusion and one party thinks the kid is with them and the other thinks the opposite. Poor baby!

It sounds to me like this is actually a very loving grandmother who simply made a terrible mistake. I hope they don't take the child away permanently. It seems as though she has learned her lesson and this was certainly not done intentionally.

A little O/T but my husband loves to tell the story of when they were little (6 brothers and 1 sister) and were on a trip, they left his little sister at a truck stop!!! Apparently, they were several miles down the road before someone realized that she wasn't in the car and had to turn around and go back for her. Luckily, she was still waiting for them!
    Last edited by TheDuchess; 02-23-2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: O/T
    Everything I post without a supporting link is always JMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast