A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
This thread is for our court room observers to post their thoughts and for members to post their questions.

:popcorn::waiting:

:please:

not that i'm anxious or anything :)

:popcorn::waiting:

:please:

not that i'm anxious or anything :)

im dying for katies notes but she isn't usually around til 4am GMT and i a pooped.

thank goodness they will be easier to find in here

Katie is probably spending time with the friends she has made in court. Although today was very good for Travis I think it is bittersweet for those that loved him, knowing much more fully what Travis was dealing with. She is scary and it is sad to see the amount of time she stole from him in the last bit of his life. They must be going through alot wishing they had been able to help prevent this.

Katie is probably spending time with the friends she has made in court. Although today was very good for Travis I think it is bittersweet for those that loved him, knowing much more fully what Travis was dealing with. She is scary and it is sad to see the amount of time she stole from him in the last bit of his life. They must be going through alot wishing they had been able to help prevent this.

But how would one stop a murderer determined to slaughter someone, unless the murderer is killed first? I think it was one of Travis' friends who said NOTHING was going to stop Jodi from killing him. Scary and sad.

:great:Nurse . . .. You are so AWESOME for opening this thread . ... big Cheers!

THANK YOU!!!

Hey guys. Not trying to be yucky, but let's keep this thread uncluttered from posts other than the reports from our insiders. Otherwise it will be so hard finding their posts. Does that make sense? Dont want to be a party pooper.

I will have to read up tomorrow on lunch break. No way will I be able to stay awake and alert enough to read, comprehend and pose questions. So I will pose my questions for courtroom observers now in hopes of finding answers tomorrow :) :

What did you note of JA demeanor today and how does it differ, if it did In your opnion from the direct examination by Nurmi?

What did you note from the jury and their body language, behaviors and did it differ from when JA was being questioned by her own attorney?

Do you think the jury was connecting the dots with what JM was trying to illustrate with his cross thus far?

Did you get teh impression that JA was stalling with her constant requests for JM to Define this and define that?

Do you think the jury noted the difference in the long drawn out answers when defense was questioning JA and when JM was making her keep her answers more brief and yes or no?

What did you note about reactions in the courtroom to the introduction and testimony regarding the magazines and the notes in the margins within? Were people visibly shocked, was their any visible change that you noted in JA, her DT, the jury or the people watching the trial? IF so please describe.

Do you think JM was effective in what he was trying to accomplish today? If so describe why you think so.

Thank you to our inside observers in the courtroom, for sharing your perspective on today's cross examination and your overall impressions of what is happening inside the courtroom.

Did any on the jury gasp or show emotion when Jodi made the comment that she only had memory problems when "a man like you or Travis is screaming at me"?

What was the tone/ mood of the court room and gallery like at that point?

(Because all 850+ Websleuthers on the thread certainly gasped!)

Do you think the jury was fully aware of her "smug" and arrogant persona?

Or, did you think they thought she was being bullied by the mean old prosecutor? Did they give any hints in their facial expressions or body language?

Is Katie (sp) gonna post here or the other more active thread?

Katie, I read tonight that someone suspects one of the lady jurors likes Jodi? Did you get that impression? Please no!!! :please:

Ok, I'm back.

I have pages and pages of notes and other observations as it was a looonnngg day.

Imagine my delight when I woke up and realized my friend Anita Richman was going to make it up from Tucson. She's on her way home right now so will post in the morning...she will have a 2 hour drive now.

Not only did Anita get in the courtroom for both sessions, she got on the Dr. Drew show tonite with Katie. Wow, what a red letter day for her as she came up not even knowing if she'd get in! Wow!

It was a very full day so I'll go with my notes.

I was lucky to get in really as I ran in to the Victim Advocate in the hall and she ushered me in saying all the other friends and family were seated. She grabbed me a seat right next to her. She's really been very kind to me. I was in row 3 behind T's family. I didn't have a great view as the court reporter's head was right in front of JA but I did get to see the jury.

I'm just gonna go with my notes word for word now:

Flanked by 2 victim advocates today.

Interesting he starts with the "dumb" sister.

her voice is louder and clearer today.

She's wearing her power suit.

Jurors in the back row smiling, chuckling during the sidebar -- two males one being the juror I'd been worried about.

"Do you have problems with your memory Ma'am?" Awesome

Goes straight to memory issues

She's ready for him. Sociopathy in full action.

This yes or no business will go on all day.

"What in the world gave you the right to....? " Loved that.

Ok on to page 2.......

Katie, I read tonight that someone suspects one of the lady jurors likes Jodi? Did you get that impression? Please no!!! :please:

This was discussed at length tonite. I land on the "NO" side. Anita saw that very juror shaking her head "no" to some things Jodi said as in "no don't think so". She takes copious notes. I call her the "stenographer". I've never gotten the impression she's a Jodi supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni