WI WI - Gene Cloud, 20, Tomah, 25 Jan 2012

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://lacrossetribune.com/news/loc...cle_a6d6d6c8-7c46-11e2-8c73-0019bb2963f4.html

21 hours ago • Tribune staff

Search continues for missing Tomah man

4f3c2c8c9c3df.preview-300.jpg

Ok, I'm puzzled now - just noticed the date on my article is 2012 (at least the comments are) and the one summer has posted is 2013? It's definitely the same guy, same story, even leaving with the dog... ?

I'm with ya Wolf! Has Gene been missing for a year or a month? I'm changing the missing date in OP/title to 2012

How bizarre. He wreaks in a ditch, runs from the cops when asked for id and then is last seen walking along a hwy....or last sighting was him running into the woods with his dog.

Family and friends search for man missing for over two years
Gene Cloud Jr. has been missing since January 2012

A routine traffic stop in Jackson County turned into a missing persons case that's been open for more than two years. Saturday friends and family of Gene Cloud Jr., 22, searched for answers. Cloud ran away from his vehicle when he saw a Jackson County deputy back in 2012. He has not been seen or heard from since.

http://www.news8000.com/news/family-and-friends-search-for-man-missing-for-over-two-years/26710420

Deputies still searching for man missing since 2012
BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (RELEASE FROM JACKSON CO. SHERIFF'S DEPT.)-- Gene Cloud Jr. was last seen on
January 25, 2012 at approximately 7:05 AM in Millston Township, Jackson County, Wisconsin. Cloud had been operating a vehicle on County Road O when he entered the ditch. Jackson County Sheriff’s Deputy made contact with Cloud at which time he fled on foot into a wooded area. Witnesses reported that Cloud was seen attempting to flag down vehicles on County Road O. On January 27, 2012 Cloud’s family reported him as a missing person. The Cloud family reported that he had not been seen since the law enforcement contact on January 25, 2012. Clouds current whereabouts are unknown.
http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/...ing-for-man-missing-since-2012-289990031.html
Cloud-Gene_weau.jpg

Deputies still searching for man missing since 2012
BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (RELEASE FROM JACKSON CO. SHERIFF'S DEPT.)-- Gene Cloud Jr. was last seen on
January 25, 2012 at approximately 7:05 AM in Millston Township, Jackson County, Wisconsin. Cloud had been operating a vehicle on County Road O when he entered the ditch. Jackson County Sheriff’s Deputy made contact with Cloud at which time he fled on foot into a wooded area. Witnesses reported that Cloud was seen attempting to flag down vehicles on County Road O. On January 27, 2012 Cloud’s family reported him as a missing person. The Cloud family reported that he had not been seen since the law enforcement contact on January 25, 2012. Clouds current whereabouts are unknown.
http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/...ing-for-man-missing-since-2012-289990031.html
Cloud-Gene_weau.jpg

There is a person on Facebook w/ the same exact name in WI that is about the same age and the photos he has posted look very similar. He even has photos in traditional Indian dress as a kid. Has he been found and it wasn't updated? Or is it just another person w/ the same name in the same general area? The photos were posted in 2014 so I'm guessing it's just a coincidence, but still thought it was kind of odd. The Facebook profile seemed to be started in early 2014 too.

The FB group noted above hasn't been updated since June 2014 but there is a post above that says they held a ceremony for him on 1/23/15.

Eighty people from several municipalities aided in Tuesday's sweep of a stretch along County Road O in the Town of Millston – looking for any possible clues.

The last known sighting of Cloud was in January, 2012, as he walked along County Road O, near the Town of Millston, after authorities approached his stopped vehicle. Before they could assist Cloud, he ran into the nearby woods.

"It has been reported that people have found some bones out there,” Detective Kelly Bakken told WEAU 13 News on Tuesday. “At this point in time, I'm not able to confirm or deny that those are human. It is entirely possible that those are animal bones."

This is not a surprise to Bakken. However, any of the evidence collected today will be analyzed to see if any of it leads back to Cloud.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/...-near-Millston-for-missing-man-351097111.html

Im from black river falls. My daughters are enrolled in the hochunk nation. Mine and several others thoughts are that he got a ride from the wrong person after he ran from police. He was just given his percapita money. Over 100,000 and he had a baby on the way. His mother said that every penny is still in the account. He never came back for it. Im certain hes dead.

March brings awareness to missing Jackson County man 5 years later

http://www.weau.com/content/news/March-brings-awareness-to-missing-Jackson-County-man-5-years-later-443830803.html

Five years later, a prayer led by Clyde Bellecort of the American Indian Movement brings hope to friends and family of Gene Cloud JR, a member of the Ho-Chunk tribe who was last seen on Jan. 25, 2012. He was 20 at the time.

"An adult male named Gene Cloud ended up walking away from a squad car contact, with a deputy and ultimately, by not contacting anybody after that incident, ended up being deemed missing," says Duane Waldera, Jackson County Sheriff.

After five years with no answers, members of the "Search for Gene Cloud JR" have teamed up with an outside organization for help.

I'm from this city and you don't even hear much about Gene anymore BUT there are still missing posters of him up at many establishments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back