723 users online (107 members and 616 guests)  

Websleuths News

Sperlik Bondage Music Teacher

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...060140443.html

Mar 1, 2005 1:03 pm US/Central
    (CBS 2) A band teacher pleaded not guilty Tuesday to 109 counts alleging he sexually abused five female pupils in two Berwyn schools.

The counts were included in two separate indictments that charge 45-year-old Robert Sperlik with multiple counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, kidnapping, indecent solicitation and unlawful restraint.

The two indictments allege Sperlik sexually abused five of his pupils, duct-taping some to their chairs before fondling them, said Cook County state's attorney's office spokesman Tom Stanton.

The first indictment, totaling 42 counts, involves two victims. The second, totaling 67 counts, involves three other victims, Stanton said.
    Sperlik also has been charged with the abuse of 11 other students, but those indictments had not been announced as of Tuesday, according to court records and attorneys associated with the case.

School Principal Charged

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...calchicago-hed

A Berwyn elementary school principal on Tuesday was charged with failing to report to authorities allegations of child abuse made in 2001 against a band teacher accused of molesting female students beginning in 1998.
    Grindle twice failed to contact authorities after receiving complaints about the behavior of longtime South Berwyn Elementary School District 100 band teacher Robert Sperlik Jr., authorities said.

I guess I have to add "Don't let the teacher Duct Tape you to your seat" to the list of what I tell my kids not to allow a teacher to do.
    Jeez, this is awful.

Sudzi

Quote Originally Posted by Sudzi
    I guess I have to add "Don't let the teacher Duct Tape you to your seat" to the list of what I tell my kids not to allow a teacher to do.
    Jeez, this is awful.
    LOL Sudzi!
    I know that my list has gotten awfully long ...