The many shades of Arias' hair

minor4th

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
Re: Hair color

On direct Nurmi shows a picture of Jodi with the dog, supposedly taken May 15, 2008:

kGL0W.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jEG00_E3V-o#t=2376s

Her hair looks blond to me, although Nurmi describes it as brown. He asks if her hair was similar when she rented the car, and she says yes.
Nurmi asks if she changed her hair color from that pic above until she was at Travis' June 4, and she says she died it brown while she was in Mesa and died it darker brown later, but doesn't say when:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eTXRwN6WxOs#t=1861s

She later testifies that she dyed it brown on March 20, 2008, even though Ryan first met her in April 2008 and it was blond:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eTXRwN6WxOs#t=2246s

Later, Nurmi asks Jodi what color her hair was when she left Pasadena for Mesa, and she says auburn brown.and she says she did not stop to dye it along the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jEG00_E3V-o#t=3930s

So it was blond in Redding, auburn brown when she was in Pasadena, but she didn't stop to dye it?

In testimony a couple days prior, Nurmi asked when she died her hair, her testimony sounds contradictory, as she says she died it before Convention and also that she waited until after Convention to dye it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZlO2tM2qT4k#t=2249s

She then identifies these pics that were taken after she moved back to Yreka, and her hair was "various shades of brown"

L5QH.png

53PX1.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eTXRwN6WxOs#t=1598s

On murder day, June 4, 2008, her hair was clearly dark brown, with no blond highlights --but she thought she had deleted that evidence.

VhYCo.png

Here's a pic of her mugshot, a little more than a month after killing Travis. This is the picture that the car rental guy ID'd her from but said that her hair was different when she rented the car -- it was blond at that time.

Jodys-Smugshot-263x300.jpg

She was blond when she met Ryan in April 2008, She was blond when she rented the car on June 2, 2008, and she was brunette when she arrived at Travis' on June 4, 2008, and she was brunette when she met Ryan on June 5, 2008

CONCLUSION: She died her hair darker brown after she rented the car on June 2, 2008 but before she arrived at Travis' house on June 4, 2008. There is no other way to make sense of this.

----------------------------

Not to mention the fact that the picture identified as being taken on May 15, 2008 was likely taken in 2007 as it appears to be taken at the same time as this picture in Jodi's myspace album that was last edited in February 2007:

esp7P.jpg

RE: JA's hair color

Just adding to Minor's great collection of info, here's a spreadsheet of hair color info to date. Pls provide corrections/additions - thx.:

Attachments

• JA_Hair_Color.jpg
    JA_Hair_Color.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 151
I need to find where in the testimony she said it, but basically Arias said on direct that she would not even physically be able to dye her hair back to blonde and proceeds to give beautician level details (which were not true: I googled it)

Also, I am going to bring over the testimony of the car guy. He was very believable. It doesn't matter what shade of blonde the hair was... it did not match the color of the mug shot.

(for further purposes the shade in the mugshot and the nude-murder-day picture were the same shade of brown.. in other words she didn't color it in between the sex picture and the mug shot)

Not to blow my own trumpet .... I'm qualified hair stylist and colourist with many yrs experience if you have any questions I can help answer.

*I have not looked at this case... but will now

discuss the hair color here

Hopefully we will have more to add after Juan puts on his rebuttal case.

I was certain she dyed it in preparation for murder, but I wasn't expecting a flat-out denial like she testified. That has prompted me to try to prove her lies, and it's not easy because her testimony is so convoluted and inconsistent. B

But the bottom line is, there is a witness who is completely unrelated to Jodi or Travis who identified her as having blond hair on June 2. He has no reason to lie, but Jodi obviously does. So far, her testimony about dying her hair has not been clear, except for the fact that she did flat-out say that she did not dye it "on the way". With Jodi's tendency to look for loopholes, in Jodi's mind this could mean that she did not dye it in between Pasadena and Mesa.

I need to find where in the testimony she said it, but basically Arias said on direct that she would not even physically be able to dye her hair back to blonde and proceeds to give beautician level details (which were not true: I googled it)

Also, I am going to bring over the testimony of the car guy. He was very believable. It doesn't matter what shade of blonde the hair was... it did not match the color of the mug shot.

(for further purposes the shade in the mugshot and the nude-murder-day picture were the same shade of brown.. in other words she didn't color it in between the sex picture and the mug shot)

I think it's during this part of the direct examination:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eTXRwN6WxOs#t=2246s

Not to blow my own trumpet .... I'm qualified hair stylist and colourist with many yrs experience if you have any questions I can help answer.

:rocker::rocker:SWEET!!!:rocker::rocker:

Hopefully we will have more to add after Juan puts on his rebuttal case.

I was certain she dyed it in preparation for murder, but I wasn't expecting a flat-out denial like she testified. That has prompted me to try to prove her lies, and it's not easy because her testimony is so convoluted and inconsistent. B

But the bottom line is, there is a witness who is completely unrelated to Jodi or Travis who identified her as having blond hair on June 2. He has no reason to lie, but Jodi obviously does. So far, her testimony about dying her hair has not been clear, except for the fact that she did flat-out say that she did not dye it "on the way". With Jodi's tendency to look for loopholes, in Jodi's mind this could mean that she did not dye it in between Pasadena and Mesa.

People so far who make her out a liar:

Ryan Burns (he claims her hair was blonde when he met her and was shocked at the brown when she shows up on her trip)

Car Guy (sic: 'yeah that is the same lady right there except her hair was blonde')

Adding the picture from Oklahoma, March 2008 (Convention) -- clearly her hair was still very blond.

attachment.php

I thought Ryan met her at the Oklahoma convention, although he said it was April I believe.

You can "tone" blonde hair to a darker shade.... this will not give you a real brunette appearance as such, however you can do this by using a true semi permanent colour ( one that lasts 6 shampoos and not mixed with developer/peroxide ) OR by using what is called a water rinse or even as simple as a dark brown shampoo.

Then your hair will appear lighter as these colours fade when you stop using them.... or they just fade out.

We're thinking it was at the Oklahoma Convention that RyanB met JA:

Yep - Mar 13-15, 2008, here's Pre-Paid Legal’s Annual International Convention 2008 in Oklahoma City info & reg form:

http://shamrockdesign.com/sitesOffline/teamfi/documents/news/Registration.pdf

ETA: JA testified she dyed her hair brown on 3/20, prior to moving from Mesa to Yreka and so must have been after the above convention.

Updated JA Hair color spreadsheet:

Attachments

• JA_Hair_Color.jpg
    JA_Hair_Color.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 53

Hi Scoobysnack! :wave:

Can you give us an idea of how long it would take to dye JA's very blonde, very long hair the brownish color she ended up with in the murder day nude photos? TIA

Can you give us an idea of how long it would take to dye JA's very blonde, very long hair the brownish color she ended up with in the murder day nude photos? TIA

:wave:

to colour brownish hair back to blonde "can" take quite a bit of work, like 6-8 hours in salon bleaching dark colour out of the hair & then putting a toner over the whole lot to remove the "brassy/raw/yellow tones.

Long hair can give off a "patchy" result and may need more bleach applied.... this is why it can be a lengthy process.... and even THEN it may take till the next visit to the hair salon till you achieve the desired result!

However JA's hair when darker does not appear to be really really dark ( what we call in the trade like a level 1, 2, 3, or even 4) so in my opinion I think it would be a simple result for her to achieve as she is not needing to lift 6 levels of dark to light - meaning her "dark brown" going to blonde.

In the land of hair colour level here is a link from level 1= black to level 10=blonde.
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...=yGgpUefvFcmSiAeX-4FI&ved=0CEEQ9QEwAA&dur=445

:wave:

to colour brownish hair back to blonde "can" take quite a bit of work, like 6-8 hours in salon bleaching dark colour out of the hair & then putting a toner over the whole lot to remove the "brassy/raw/yellow tones.

Long hair can give off a "patchy" result and may need more bleach applied.... this is why it can be a lengthy process.... and even THEN it may take till the next visit to the hair salon till you achieve the desired result!

However JA's hair when darker does not appear to be really really dark ( what we call in the trade like a level 1, 2, 3, or even 4) so in my opinion I think it would be a simple result for her to achieve as she is not needing to lift 6 levels of dark to light - meaning her "dark brown" going to blonde.

In the land of hair colour level here is a link from level 1= black to level 10=blonde.
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...=yGgpUefvFcmSiAeX-4FI&ved=0CEEQ9QEwAA&dur=445

Thanks Scooby!

So if I understand correctly:

Brown to Blonde: takes 6-8 hours [wow! that's a long time!]

What about the reverse? How long would it take to dye long blonde hair to brown? Thanks!

Another Cosmetologist here, To go from blonde to light brown would be pretty quick. That first picture you posted looks like it didn't quite cover the ends. I agree with Scooby about using a semi permanent color. Could even be a dark warm blonde. 30 minutes.

To go back to blonde would require alot more time depending on what she used to color it with from the blonde-brown. Semi and demi permanent colors in a dark warm blonde wouldn't take but maybe a couple hours since it wasn't very dark in the photos I have seen.

In a TV interview...(forgot which one) I see at least 1/2 inch of regrowth. Anyone know the dates of those interviews?

Also want to add that going from blonde to a light warm brown or dark warm blonde leaves out the old fashioned step of having to add a filler before you go from light to dark. All brunettes have a red/gold base in their hair. Lightening it removes that base to a pale yellow. Having said that....if you don't add the gold/red back , hair can become muddy or green. That's why I think she used a dark warm blonde or light warm brown, and then describes it as auburn. IMO.

Thanks Scooby!

So if I understand correctly:

Brown to Blonde: takes 6-8 hours [wow! that's a long time!]

What about the reverse? How long would it take to dye long blonde hair to brown? Thanks!

Yes... You got it, not always such a lengthy process, however length and thinkness of hair counts for such a big job.
The reverse.... Very very quick and easy again because it is just a few shades we are talking here( not platinum/white blonde to black) this is something that is simple to do... 20mins to apply col, process 20-45mins.... Rinse blowdry and your done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back