GUILTY OH - Kenneth Brandt & 2 others for raping, trafficking adopted kids, Troy, 2012

"A 10-year-old boy shook when asked about being prostituted to two other men by an adoptive father who regularly sexually assaulted him, according to police, who said the boy was fearful of talking because he didn't want to be taken from his home or separated from his new siblings.
The adoptive father has been charged with raping three boys in his care and compelling prostitution by hiring the 10-year-old out for sex. He and two other men remained in jail Thursday on rape charges."

How incredibly sad. Hope those 4 kids mentioned in the article, get sent to a loving and caring home.

This is terrible. All my kids are adopted through the foster care system...their first "adoptive" home, all kids were removed from because of abuse, it was before thier adoption was final. Then they came to us, thank God.....I shudder when I think that my two sweet boys and my sweet girl could have ended up in a home like this too.

I have no doubt that this man went through the process to be cleared for adoption, however, just because nothing shows up on a background check doesnt mean they havent or wont do something, it just means they have never been caught. Scary. Not sure what the answer is. Im probably going to get flamed for saying this but.....

was he single? I know there are great single dads out there. BUT.....it seems like it would be too easy for a pedophile to go into CPS and apply for adoption if nothing was on their record. What do you do though, short of discrimination?

Warning as this is very disturbing.

Patrick Reider prostituted his 10 year old adopted son out to two men as well as assaulting the child himself.

The poor child shook when he relayed how his "father" made him have sex with two other men. He didn't tell because he didn't want to be taken away from his other siblings.

Much more at link how Reider took the kids out of school. Sick creep.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/na...cle_bfb3b2ae-f075-515b-879a-9697eb693c56.html

If someone gave these children up for adoption so they would have a better life, they would be horrified to find how they have ended up. This is disgusting! I hope the children are removed and found loving, caring homes together.

My heart breaks. I would love to be a foster mom and know I am a loving and guarding parent -- but because of financial constraints, I cannot qualify.

How do children end up in the hands of these monsters? I don't understand?

Mel

I've worked so hard over the years to empower single parents and gay parents in the adoption arena. This man's actions go far toward ruining this wonderful process of building families for others. Shame on him!!!

Bless these young children.

Mel--A bit O/T but there can be no financial barriers for foster care per federal mandate. If you have the desire and go through the training, you definitely should be able to foster. Please do some more checking. We need you!!

Federal and local law enforcement officials said they're widening the investigation into child sexual exploitation allegations against 39-year-old Kenneth Brandt, who worked out of his home as an insurance claims adjuster.

Jason Zwick, 29, of the Dayton suburb of Beavercreek was being held in Miami County on a rape charge and $500,000 bond. A message was left for his attorney. Patrick Rieder, 31, was charged with four counts of child rape, the Montgomery County prosecutor's office said. Rieder was being held Thursday without bond in Montgomery County. No attorney information for him was immediately available.

Just getting the names in the thread.

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/30582273/detail.html#ixzz1nxTnN8wZ

I think this is on three different threads. No matter. I do find it disturbing that they released this man's name. In one of the other articles I read they stated that they were NOT going to release his name in order to give the children some privacy.

I agree with Mizizzy. So many gay or single people would love to adopt and face so many obstacles. This man has set them way back.

I hope these children find a REAL home, a loving home, where they can be taught to trust again and be children like they should have been.

Troy police said they impounded Brandt's truck and seized four laptops from the home and a video camera and two wooden paddles from the master bedroom.

School officials said the man had recently withdrawn the three adopted children from school, saying he would home school them. A neighbor said he had no idea anything lurid might be going on in the home.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/30582273/detail.html

http://www.wlwt.com/news/30582273/detail.html

Jason Zwick, 29, of the Dayton suburb of Beavercreek was being held in Miami County on a rape charge and $500,000 bond. A message was left for his attorney. Patrick Rieder, 31, was charged with four counts of child rape, the Montgomery County prosecutor's office said. Rieder was being held Thursday without bond in Montgomery County. No attorney information for him was immediately available.

I, too, am bothered about the name issue. Has anyone seen a report as to how long this child had been living in his adoptive home? There's a mention of "new siblings" in the first article linked. I'm wondering if possibly the child's adoption had not yet been finalized and therefore his name and possibly his "new siblings'" names would be different from the abuser.

Is there a mother in the picture??

This is such a devastating situation. It seems like some children go through soo much in their lives. It's not fair.

I believe that the adopting father (actually, monster) was single.

I get the feeling that something slipped through the cracks here. (Well, duh.)

Most people weigh the decision to pull their kids out of school very heavily. Lots of parents do it for all the right reasons, some don't. But even those that do it for the wrong reasons know that it could end up drawing attention, and the abusive parents often pull kids out following a close call with a reported injury or a teacher that a child was getting too close to.

I wonder what his trigger was to pull the kids now, mid year, as opposed to waiting until the school year was over and just not sending them back, which usually causes a little less attention.

School officials said the man had recently withdrawn the three adopted children from school, saying he would home school them. A neighbor said he had no idea anything lurid might be going on in the home.

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/30582273/detail.html#ixzz1o09ddn00

the above puzzles me. Three adopted children. I am assuming these were the siblings the child referred to? Wonder if they were adopted at the same time as he or if they came before or later. I wonder if they were victims as well or if for some reason this child was singled out. I wish I knew the other childrens' ages and sexes.

I have a bad feeling this one has more nasty to give as things unfold.

Hopefully all the children are getting whatever trained assistance they need to deal with whatever traumas have been inflicted on them.

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/local/miami/troy-man-accused-of-prostituting-son

video at link

According to Troy Police Capt. Chris Anderson, Brandt assaulted his three adopted sons and traded one of them for sex to at least two men. The victims are 12, 10 and 9 years old. A fourth child lived in the home, but does not appear to be involved, Anderson said.

Brandt adopted all four children from Texas within the last few years.

some of it answered my questions above

Do you all remember the university dean in the south that had a similar case? I can't remember his name, where it happened except that it was in the southern US, or even when it happened, but I think it was within the last 3 years. I do recall that he was adopting children for the sole purpose of using them for sex.

IIRC, he was a single man. He either assaulted the children on video and shared it and/or did it live via webcam.

He gave instructions to other pedophiles on how to successfully adopt children for sex. He said that it was easier and faster to adopt minorities, kids who were a bit older, (and IIRC) special needs kids. He told the other pedos how to go through the process and what to do to expedite the whole thing.

Knowing how these guys all share info with each other, I wonder if this case will somehow be linked, even if loosely, with that single man who was giving all the inside information on how to be a successful adoptive single pedo dad.

Does anyone know that other case... and can refer me to a link or something?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back