Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r2OPal2Zo8"]Jodi Arias Trial - Day 22 - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]
    If you look at this at about 52 minute mark Juan is asking about the cuts on her hands and if they came from the stabbing. JA says at about 52:40 she did not remember the stabbing at that point in time. Am I wrong or didn't she testify on direct that she never remembered the stabbing. If you watch her eyes when she says this it's like she knows she made a mistake. I wish Juan had called her out on that and asked at what point in time she remembered the stabbing.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Grammy Jean For This Useful Post:

I am a regular WSer but have really only lurked as I try to keep up with this Craaaaaaazy trial!

I heard that JA wrote the family a long letter! Does anyone know if there is a link to it??

Thanks!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice Ramnit For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KarmicLaw View Post
    I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility. My Dad drank the ashes of his cremated lover after his death. Put it in his coffee. Hell, nothing surprises me anymore after I had to have that conversation with him. Honestly though, I think its more simple. I think Miss Evil was beyond, beyond, livid that she tried every sexual trick in the book to try to snag her man and it didn't work. In her mind he deserved to die because he had the nerve to use her and discard her. Can you imagine if we all used that to justify killing another individual?
    Wow. Just Wow. That story deserved some kind of response. I don't know what to say, but I marvel at your composure in relating that scenario. Sounds like something from the twilight zone.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LadyEdith For This Useful Post:

I have not heard much of this case on broadcast television.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bada Bing View Post
    Hinckley, Regan and Iris are names associated with shootings. Iris is from Taxi Driver.
    wasn't hinckley the one that had the obsession with jodi foster? did we already cover that?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bexlex For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Ramnit View Post
    I am a regular WSer but have really only lurked as I try to keep up with this Craaaaaaazy trial!

I heard that JA wrote the family a long letter! Does anyone know if there is a link to it??

Thanks!
    It has not been submitted as evidence yet. I have not seen a copy anywhere. Allegedly, 18 pages of "short and sweet". I'd hate to get a long letter from her, if it's anything like her long testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by kscornfed View Post
    this is such BS that the shooting video helps the defense. it shows his propensity for violence, according to that twit janie weintraub.

no it doesn't!!! WHO USED A GUN ON JUNE 4, 2008?????? it wasn't travis.

I agree, her programming is quite ridiculous. I simply stopped watching JVM a long time ago. She's so loud and overly dramatic she's like a carnival barker. Then she frequently has to throw it out there about being a vegan and a tee-totaler. Not to mention that she's barely recognizable compared to ten years ago, amazing she had time to hold down a job. Ok, no doubt we all could use a little help. But everything with her just seems to be overboard. And personally, it is beyond me why anyone would be so eager for people to know how neurotic they are. And the thing is, I could just do with less neurotic people in my life, not more, whether they are on cable news or elsewhere. As always, this is jmo.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bada Bing View Post
    Hinckley, Regan and Iris are names associated with shootings. Iris is from Taxi Driver.
    Yes, Bada Bing -- Iris was the character played so ably by Jodie Foster (one of my all-time favorite actresses, BTW.) That is just dayam spooky, IMO.

We know Jodi is apparently a big movie watcher. Were these names from her knowing, conscious mind, or were they from somewhere dark and frightening inside her? (This is a serious question.)

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    You know I just rewatched it and caught Nurmi running his index finger up the side nose in a rubbing motion and thought that is a strange thing to do and then it hit me he's sending her signals. If I saw it is it possible the jury can see these signals as well. jmo
    Yesterday, both defense attorneys were nodding yes and no to JA. If the camera were to be on them the entire time, I am positive we would see much more. IMO - they are coaching her from their seats. I also notice that Nurmi sometimes raises his leg when she is asked a question and seems stumped.

All MOO.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AngelWings444 For This Useful Post:

*sigh*

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrayedKnot For This Useful Post:

gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Ramnit View Post

Thanks!
    I do not have a link...
    It was mentioned in court
    They showed part of a 48hours interview.

It was just a short note. per Jodi
    18 pages

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    Good lawd she might have had some creepy Travis momento book.
    Wanted to add to her collection

I think she is proud of what she has done.
    She won.

Maybe she will get the grand prize.
    I think the biggest joke of all with her is that she was going to commit suicide. She could have cut herself deeper with a piece of paper. She talks about it to freely. I can't even believe something as serious as she was going to commit suicide.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to legalmania For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    Yesterday, both defense attorneys were nodding yes and no to JA. If the camera were to be on them the entire time, I am positive we would see much more. IMO - they are coaching her from their seats. I also notice that Nurmi sometimes raises his leg when she is asked a question and seems stumped.

All MOO.
    When she was on the stand... Lawyers were at a long sidebar, it broke up and nurmi went over to Jodi and started whispering in her ear....what the heck was that?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEdith View Post
    Wow. Just Wow. That story deserved some kind of response. I don't know what to say, but I marvel at your composure in relating that scenario. Sounds like something from the twilight zone.
    Thanks, it was surreal. I wish I could go into the detail of my questions about it, but it would likely gross some people out. I am, by nature, inquisitive. Some call it nosy, some call it curious. I just know that I am in good company here at WS.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KarmicLaw For This Useful Post:

I think Juan is gonna crack Jodi!

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

*sigh*

Don't forget global warming, the economy, and those annoying inserts in magazines. All Jodi.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrayedKnot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEdith View Post
    It has not been submitted as evidence yet. I have not seen a copy anywhere. Allegedly, 18 pages of "short and sweet". I'd hate to get a long letter from her, if it's anything like her long testimony.
    Is that the letter Jodi says she sent to Travis' grandmother when she talks about the 20 Irises she sent!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grammy Jean View Post
    Jodi Arias Trial - Day 22 - Part 1 - YouTube
    If you look at this at about 52 minute mark Juan is asking about the cuts on her hands and if they came from the stabbing. JA says at about 52:40 she did not remember the stabbing at that point in time. Am I wrong or didn't she testify on direct that she never remembered the stabbing. If you watch her eyes when she says this it's like she knows she made a mistake. I wish Juan had called her out on that and asked at what point in time she remembered the stabbing.
    I picked up on that immediately because I saw her eyes shift to look at her team for direction. Her answer was something like I didnt remember it then.

Ok instead of "I still don't remember anything about a stabbing"
    Stephanie Hart, P.I.
    Southern California
    @StephAnnHart

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StephanieHartPI For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    ~bbm

Your honor, Judge or Judge Stevens all are appropriate. If communication has already been established, there's no need to address the judge formally with monikers. So if you've already said, good morning your honor, for example, it's okay to ask a question without repeating the "your honor, etc." part.

To the rest of your post, I don't think Nurmi was coaching. Just reacting in a less than discreet manner. I think he's just sick of Martinez's method of cross.
    Actually I think he is sick of trying to defend a client that he cannot control. And I think Nurmi made a huge mistake in letting JA ramble on and on and on for nine days embellishing each story as she went. Those little extra details that she just had to add to every sentence out of her mouth during that time has come back to bite them both in the butt.

37. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Melly53 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    I think the biggest joke of all with her is that she was going to commit suicide. She could have cut herself deeper with a piece of paper. She talks about it to freely. I can't even believe something as serious as she was going to commit suicide.
    Let me preface this comment with this: My view on the issue of suicide may be distorted after living with a BPD mother who uses it as a tool to get attention

I don't believe for one moment JA ever intended suicide. If anything she played like she was for attention or to try to make a better defense case for herself. People who actually want to commit suicide do, very rarely do the try and fail. She wasn't in a position where she spoke about it and someone intervened, so if she actually wanted to she would have...successfully. IMHO, of course.

39. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to KPinMN For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I think Juan is gonna crack Jodi!
    From your lips to God's ears.

Oh yeah, did they subpoena god yet for the rebuttal? I know Juan mentioned it first thing this morning.

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LadyEdith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KPinMN View Post
    I've been away since the last day of direct...unfortunately not for anything good, my very dear grandma passed away. I've been able to listen to maybe half of the testimony since then on Youtube and I have to say JA angers me even more with grief fresh on my heart...how dare she further hurt TA's family and those flowers to TA's grandma, despicable!

Anyway, I'm glad to be back in the company of my insightful and good humored WSer's.
    I'm sorry for the loss of your dear grandma, KP.

43. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dum-Dum Sucker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grammy Jean View Post
    Jodi Arias Trial - Day 22 - Part 1 - YouTube
    I also remember Jodi saying that she didn't remember the stabbing at that point in time. I expected Juan to ask her when she started remembering it. I don't think he caught that, though.

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolfpack Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Watch Nurmi at 29:30 of part three. Please. What do you think?
    He is just talking to himself.

47. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rosebud1952 For This Useful Post:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedKnot View Post
    *sigh*

Don't forget global warming, the economy, and those annoying inserts in magazines. All Jodi.

Goodnight FrayedKnot, more JA tales to come in the am

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KPinMN For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast