Age at Disappearance: 16 years
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Height: 6’
Weight: 165 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Sandy blonde, dyed dark brown
Complexion: Fair

Last Seen Wearing: White T-shirt, navy blue jacket with gray lining, flared blue jeans, and white tennis shoes. Other: April has a scar and three black dots tattooed on her right hand.

Circumstances: April was last seen at her residence in Wichita, Kansas on January 11, 2000 at approximately 10:00 and 10:30 p.m. She has not been seen or heard from since. April's photo is shown age progressed to 22 years by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

NCMEC

Charley Project

NamUs

Missing April Wiss on MySpace

Never heard of April's case before.

She was scheduled to testify in a statutory rape trial two days after her disappearance and was unhappy to do so..

I just was reading about April. There's not much out there on the circumstances of her missing.

So sad, I was reading her missing page on facebook - her mom apparently lost her son back in 2008 too (he was only about 19, I think). I can't imagine the heartache.

Very strange.

I wonder why she was allowed to live away from home at such a young age. I don't really think that "she wanted to experience living away from home" is much of an explanation.

I think that April's fate was probably a sad one and that she did possibly "runaway" especially since she doesn't seem to have been that attached to her home in the first place.

Unfortunately, she seems like she may have been an easy target for a predator :(

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

"The three point tattoos mean "mi vida loca", my crazy life...normally it's associated with the Mexican gang MS13, it may also be representative of the "Los Vatos Locos" (The Crazy Dudes or Guys) gang. But most of the time, it's represented innocently in the "my crazy life" traditional manner."
- Here

April is kinda my cousin, but not. Her mom was my mom's best friend & I considered her my aunt .April is a lot younger than me so I wasn't really close to her or anything .I do still talk to her mom, she's very active within the missing children community .
I'd love for someone to delve deeper into her case.

April Wiss

april_susanne_wiss_1.jpg april_susanne_wiss_2.jpg april_susanne_wiss_4.jpg april_susanne_wiss_6.jpg april_susanne_wiss_7.jpg april_susanne_wiss_8.png
april_susanne_wiss_9.jpg april_susanne_wiss_10.jpg

April, circa 2000; Age-progressions to age 27 (circa 2010) -
From her Charley Project page

April is currently 37 years old.

She is featured this week on
April Susanne Wiss – The Charley Project

"Investigators believe that April may have had her pager, apartment keys and wallet with her when she disappeared. She left the lights and television on when she departed...
April was initially classified as a runaway, but investigators have since stated that she vanished under unclear circumstances. She left behind all her clothes, as well as a freshly baked cake and $150 in cash, and her Social Security number has not been used.."

Contact Wichita Police Department 316-337-6552 with tips

I hope answers come soon for her family.

April is currently 39-years-old.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
April was last seen leaving an apartment complex in the 500 block of Marion Road in Wichita, Kansas on January 11, 2000. Her friend told authorities that she saw April heading towards Pawnee Street and Broadway Street between 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM that evening. Investigators believe that she may have had her pager, apartment keys and wallet with her as well.

Distinctive Physical Features

Piercing: Double pierced ears, Pierced nose.

Scar/mark: Mother indicates there are scars on the left hand. She also has freckles and a dimple on each cheek, scars on near the left eye and right wrist.

Tattoo: April has three dots tattooed on her left hand.

Clothing: Last seen wearing jeans and a white shirt.

Jewelry: Gold loop earrings, gold cross with Jesus on a gold chain, gold sapphdia ring, sliver chain ring.

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing: Flared jeans; white shirt; navy blue jacket with gray lining; white sneakers
Jewelry: Gold hoop earrings; Gold chain with Jesus on a cross; gold ring with sapphire; silver chain ring

August 25, 2021 Updated July 2, 2023 (I edited this article a lot, so click the link to read the whole thing)

WICHITA, Kan. — At 16 years old, April Susanne Wiss was a typical teenager desperate for liberation.

Born on Sept. 1, 1983, Wiss grew into a tall, rebellious, fiercely independent teenager. Her mother, Gloria “Dee” Clasen, has said in recent years that Wiss did not want to abide by the rules and “did what she wanted.”

Wiss, 16, was treading down a dark path, so Clasen arranged for her daughter to live with a friend at River Walk Apartments on Marion Road for a few months to experience living independently. The arrangement was going well, and Wiss seemed generally happy with it.

But, what came next, Wiss’ family never saw coming.
On Jan. 11, 2000, Wiss left her apartment wearing blue jeans, a white T-shirt, and a navy blue nylon jacket. Her friend saw Wiss walking toward Pawnee and Broadway between 10 and 10:30 p.m.

Wiss took her wallet, pager, and apartment key with her, leaving the lights and TV on and a freshly baked cake in the kitchen. Wiss left behind $150 and the rest of her belongings.

By all appearances, Wiss had every intention of returning home. She has never been seen again.

Wichita police initially considered Wiss ran away to avoid testifying but now believe she disappeared under suspicious circumstances. Clasen thinks someone abducted her daughter, possibly for human trafficking.
Wichita is a large metropolitan area with nearly 400,000 people, and like any large city, human trafficking occurs here. According to KAKE, “U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement says a recent human trafficking operation in Wichita, Independence, Missouri, and Kansas City, Missouri, resulted in the rescue of 31 victims of human trafficking — including 14 missing children — for sexual exploitation.” Officials were preparing to charge 82 suspects with multiple crimes at the time of the article, including commercial human trafficking and sodomy.
The reality is that trafficking exists, and that could be what happened to Wiss.

There might be another explanation for Wiss’ disappearance, and it is not any less frightening.
A Feb. 5, 2000 story in The Wichita Eagle stated that Wiss was a key witness in a felony criminal trial scheduled to begin on Monday, Feb. 7, 2000, nearly a month after she vanished. The case was about a year old and still under investigation when Wiss disappeared, according to The Eagle. Clasen said Wiss reluctantly agreed to testify. Authorities are unsure if Wiss’ disappearance had anything to do with it. However, detectives have not ruled out the possibility that someone killed Wiss in retaliation for testifying.

Wiss has never been found. Anyone with information regarding Wiss’ disappearance can call Detective Blake Mumma of the Wichita Police Department at (316) 268-4181.

1695356544848.jpeg
Initially, the Wichita police considered April to be a runaway. But they figured something else was going on due to the suspicious circumstances and timing of her disappearance being so close to the criminal trial.

April’s mother has a theory that she may have been abducted and is a victim of human trafficking. Tragically, it’s been 23 years since she last saw her daughter, and she still doesn’t know what happened to her.

Dee created a Facebook page, Missing April Susanne Wiss, to post tributes for April and any updates she may have on her case.

Never heard of April's case before.

She was scheduled to testify in a statutory rape trial two days after her disappearance and was unhappy to do so..
We’ve recently gained a lot of info on this trial & it’s really scary. The man she was testifying against was charged with 8 sex crimes against children. April was also testifying on behalf of another victim & without her testimony he was acquitted on that one. So he was still convicted of 7/8. But without her testimony his sentence was greatly shortened. He also has several family members who were convicted of child sex crimes within a few years of when April went missing.

Very strange.

I wonder why she was allowed to live away from home at such a young age. I don't really think that "she wanted to experience living away from home" is much of an explanation.

I think that April's fate was probably a sad one and that she did possibly "runaway" especially since she doesn't seem to have been that attached to her home in the first place.

Unfortunately, she seems like she may have been an easy target for a predator :(

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
April moved away from home because her & her mom weren’t getting along. She moved in with a friend of her moms, had enrolled in a GED program & was learning to pay bills & be independent. She was also working on her relationship with her mom.
It’s highly unlikely that she ran away. She was happy with her current living situation & where her life was headed. She had paid her rent for the month. Didn’t take any clothes or makeup & left $150 sitting on the counter. She also left a freshly baked cake that hadn’t been touched. It’s more likely that someone paged her to meet them outside.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back