AR AR - Little Rock (North), WhtFem 938UFAR, 30-40, in river, wine/maroon pantsuit, Jul'77

CherBearSTL

Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/cases/5793

White female found July 21, 1977 in Arkansas River in North Little Rock. Missing head and torso.
Estimate age: 30-40
Race: white
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 135
Hair color: light to medium brown body hair
Clothing: wine colored pant suit, bikini style panties

Found floating near north bank of Arkansas River. No DNA because body was cremated.

https://identifyus.org/cases/5793

White female found July 21, 1977 in Arkansas River in North Little Rock. Missing head and torso.
Estimate age: 30-40
Race: white
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 135
Hair color: light to medium brown body hair
Clothing: wine colored pant suit, bikini style panties

Found floating near north bank of Arkansas River. No DNA because body was cremated.

I assume that "pantsuit" would mean pants, only because the torso wasn't found.

Thoughts on a possible match to Loy Evitts? Missing since 2/28/1977 from Kansas City (6 hours away). She also has no DNA on file. Not sure how they would ever make a match with this one, but the "maroon colored slacks" that Loy was wearing really made me curious about this possible match. All of the other stats match as well.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/evitts_loy.html

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

this Doe will never be identified. no dentals, no DNA, no fingerprints.

this Doe will never be identified. no dentals, no DNA, no fingerprints.

I realize that it's impossible, but I somehow feel better knowing that I posted it here. I feel awful for this woman, and her family that will never have answers.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Never say never....I wonder if they still have the pants and if there would be any way to get DNA off those...

they can't even do an old fashion facial comparison as this UID was headless. very tragic.

Half a person. Was that due to decomposition or due to some form of more physical dismemberment?

From Wikipedia...

The Arkansas River (Pawnee: Kícka [5]) is a major tributary of the Mississippi River. The Arkansas generally flows to the east and southeast as it traverses the US states of Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. The river's initial basin starts in the Western United States in Colorado, specifically the Arkansas River Valley, where the headwaters derive from the snowpack in the Collegiate Peaks. Then it flows east into the Midwest via Kansas, and finally into the South through Oklahoma and Arkansas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_river

That's a lot of river to be looking for the other half of a person in.

According to loys thread here on Websleuths LE ruled this doe out back in the late 70s.. It’s unfortunate, even if it was her there really isn’t a way to prove it.

One has to wonder if the other part of the remains was found elsewhere and LE just didn't put two-and-two (or top and bottom.... sorry, sick joke!) together at the time. A bit like we have seen cases where an MP is reported missing and their body was found just a few counties away but noone put the information together until decades later.

This victim was found floating at the North bank of the Arkansas River at the end of Locust Street from above city.

Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 135 lbs

Inventory of Remains:
Head not recovered
Torso not recovered

Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Body Hair Description: pubic hair is light to medium brown

Clothing
1 wine colored pant suit and panty briefs (bikini type)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I havent seen a thread for her here but please merge if there is one.

On July 21st, 1977 a white female aged 30-40 years old was found on the North Bank of the Arkansas river. She was approximately 5'3" and 135lbs wearing a wine colored pant suit and bikini style underpants. A newspaper article appearing to refer to the remains mentions that only the lower part of her body was found. Additionally, this article rules out a woman named Lov Evitts.

Screen Shot 2024-02-10 at 9.09.02 AM.png

According to NAMUS, there are no exclusions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back