MI MI - Keyaira Gay, 18, Detroit, 15 February 2013

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Detroit police issue alert for missing 18-year-old woman

Keyaira Gay hasn't been seen since Feb. 15

Published On: Feb 25 2013 10:08:41 AM EST

DETROIT -
Detroit police are asking for the public’s help in finding a missing 18-year-old.

Police said Keyaira Gay was last seen the morning of Feb. 15 by a family member in the 12800 block of Kelly Street.

Gay is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, 183 pounds with brown eyes and black hair...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...an/-/1719418/19069854/-/106hqbpz/-/index.html

Any additional info (the news article is very vague) ? Are family members or neighbors actively helping with a search for her (and/or are they cooperating w/ LE) ? Any idea of who KG's friends might be or what her daily routine was before she went missing 10 days ago ? Very sad. I hope someone cares about her wellbeing and indeed about her whereabouts.

Hope she if found safe and sound! Worried about her. On a side note, I don't appreciate the comments on the news link from locals making fun of her race, mental condition, etc. I say this a lot now, but seriously, what is wrong with people?! Someone would make fun of a person who is missing? I guess being behind a computer makes some people feel they can say whatever. It is getting to the point where I just don't want to read the comments anymore.

Hope she if found safe and sound! Worried about her. On a side note, I don't appreciate the comments on the news link from locals making fun of her race, mental condition, etc. I say this a lot now, but seriously, what is wrong with people?! Someone would make fun of a person who is missing? I guess being behind a computer makes some people feel they can say whatever. It is getting to the point where I just don't want to read the comments anymore.

I had to go back to the news article & then scanned the comments to see what you were talking about. Some of those comments were quite thoughtless and cruel. At least they did not come from Websleuths members.

I wonder why it took so long to report her missing, and if she sometimes visited or stayed with other friends or relatives. Hopefully these possibilities have been checked out already. 10 days before reporting raises a huge flag for me. The first article was a little vague, and was not published until the 25th. Possibly (and hopefully) the family reported her missing right away, and it did not get out to the general public until the 25th. I hope she is found safe and soon.

I used to have an account to post on the WDIV (Channel 4) website when it was originally offered. The comments were better monitored then, and folks who didn't play by the rules were no longer allowed to post. When the site went to FB, Twitter, etc. format, I no longer had an account and noticed that the posts were no longer being deleted and that the tenor of the comments changed drastically. I don't think anyone monitors the comments: It's pretty much "anything goes", and I rarely read them.

I had to go back to the news article & then scanned the comments to see what you were talking about. Some of those comments were quite thoughtless and cruel. At least they did not come from Websleuths members.

It does make me sad to see mean comments about a victim. But you are so right! Websleuths has the best members :). Everyone is just trying to find the missing or find justice for them. You all are great :D!

I used to have an account to post on the WDIV (Channel 4) website when it was originally offered. The comments were better monitored then, and folks who didn't play by the rules were no longer allowed to post. When the site went to FB, Twitter, etc. format, I no longer had an account and noticed that the posts were no longer being deleted and that the tenor of the comments changed drastically. I don't think anyone monitors the comments: It's pretty much "anything goes", and I rarely read them.

That must be why all these local and national news sites have had an increase in rude, thoughtless comments. Even CNN has terrible comments. It is probably is really hard to police so many comments from all the different social apps. I didn't even think about Twitter and Facebook changing everything. The only reason I even read the comments is that sometimes there is great info there locally but boy it is hard stomach. I really hope the victims' families never see the comments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back