Man, 78, is dying to know who's sending him mystery cards

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Jim Field has been receiving the cards for five years. But he has no idea who has been sending them.

The mystery cards began arriving by mail in 2000 and haven't stopped - no name, no signature, no telephone number and no return address.

"Why don't you go out anymore?" one message asks. There's a $20 bill slipped inside the card. One message has a cryptic line: "Old high school student."

Field, a 78-year-old Howell resident, has received 20 cards. The most recent was a Valentine's Day card with the message, "Eat out, OK? Regards, Cupid."

"It bugs me," Field told the Livingston County Daily Press & Argus. "I'd like to know who it is. I'm single."

At first, Field thought the cards were a joke, but they kept coming - usually around a holiday. He received money in an Easter card. A Halloween card was signed: "Witch."

Field asked his ex-wife if she was responsible, but she denied it.

One of the cards contained a list of senior citizens and their birthdays that had been posted at the Howell Senior Center. Field went to the center and tacked a note onto a bulletin board explaining the card situation and asking for the person to come forward. That was several years ago, and he hasn't heard back.

Field believes the writer must live near him, because several times the cards have mentioned not seeing him outside.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0224MailMystery24-ON.html

Ahhhh that is so cool. A neat idea to keep a senior involved in life.

mysteriew said:
Ahhhh that is so cool. A neat idea to keep a senior involved in life.

Yeah, but remember the two nice teens who thought baking cookies for their neighbors was a good idea? What witch sued them and won! If an elderly person had a panic attack because they thought they were being "watched" that wouldn't be good. I think the card thing is a great idea, but sign the name! :) :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back