GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #6

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
ht_sarai_sierra_tk_130128_wg.jpg

Sairi Sierra, American Tourist, Killed by Blow to the Head, Turkish Police Say
Feb 3, 2013
ABC News
A New York City woman vacationing alone in Istanbul was killed by at least one fatal blow to her head, Turkish officials said today.

After an intense search that lasted nearly two weeks, the body of Sarai Sierra was found near the ruins of some ancient city walls and a highway on Saturday.
sarai_sierra_0217_244x183.jpg

Saria Sierra Update: Istanbul police release surveillance photos of slain staten island mom
Feb 18, 2013
(CBS/WCBS) NEW YORK - Police in Istanbul have released photos of slain Staten Island woman Sarai Sierra from the day of her disappearance in Turkey.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Thread #5

There is an IGNORE function available at WebSleuths. Some of you may wish to take advantage of this.

Across the blue menu bar at the top of each screen:

SELECT USER CP

Then SELECT "EDIT IGNORE LIST". (Left hand blue panel)

Then TYPE IN NAME

PRESS OK.

Could you repost that translation here. Is this an actual photo of him? If it is, the guy is definitely giving off bonkers vibes.

Some of the statements his friends gave, those who actually gave their names, could be taken two ways.

Ex Saying that "they" are going to pin SS's death on him. Either that's an admission of guilt or a statement that he'd know he'd be blamed.

And then him saying he wouldn't be alive in 6 months.

Could you repost that translation here. Is this an actual photo of him? If it is, the guy is definitely giving off bonkers vibes.

Some of the statements his friends gave, those who actually gave their names, could be taken two ways.

Ex Saying that "they" are going to pin SS's death on him. Either that's an admission of guilt or a statement that he'd know he'd be blamed.

Here is the translation again.

This is the latest article. (My translation) Opposition groups fighting in Syria are also searching for Ziya too. It was learnt that he had no soldier friend. No trail of him or evidence was found in Hatay region after the search. It is guessed that Ziya T. walked through the border and went into Syrian soil. It was stated that the situation in the area is very complicated and Ziya T. could have passed the border with an aid convoy. Opposition groups were also warned about him. LE is also evaluating the possibility that Ziya T. could be killed in Syria where he passed without receiving any help.
http://dha.com.tr/haberdetay.asp?tar...3&Categoryid=2

I think LE found this picture in his Civil records. So we are told this is his picture. Yes.

Can someone explain something here, Why did Z's friends allow him to set off, and why did he head to the Syrian border? Is it possible that he's lying and never left Turkey and is just saying he did to create a trail away from him?

It seems a bit strange that the whole world knew about this murder and yet his friends didn't stop him from trying to escape.

This is the latest article. (My translation) Opposition groups fighting in Syria are also searching for Ziya too. It was learnt that he had no soldier friend. No trail of him or evidence was found in Hatay region after the search. It is guessed that Ziya T. walked through the border and went into Syrian soil. It was stated that the situation in the area is very complicated and Ziya T. could have passed the border with an aid convoy. Opposition groups were also warned about him. LE is also evaluating the possibility that Ziya T. could be killed in Syria where he passed without receiving any help.

Thank you so much, Blackydress, for the translation and the link. Finally we have some new information to discuss:)

Can someone explain something here, Why did Z's friends allow him to set off, and why did he head to the Syrian border? Is it possible that he's lying and never left Turkey and is just saying he did to create a trail away from him?

It seems a bit strange that the whole world knew about this murder and yet his friends didn't stop him from trying to escape.

He had not been named a suspect yet when he was in his home town, so why would his family or friends stop him from going to Hatay.

What a good point. It is very strange. I think going to Syria is very strange for a homeless man. He kills a woman by the ancient walls' escapes, borrows 100 TL from his family (very little money) buys a bus ticket on one of the friends names, he has no scratches on his face, he tells another friend "bad things happened in istanbul a police tipster told me to escape and they would frame me'" and leaves for Hatay to cross Syria.
Meanwhile this event was all over the news and TV. Nobody tries to stop him. Isn`t this a too big adventure for a homeless man?
I think it is.

He had not been named a suspect yet when he was in his home town, so why would his family or friends stop him from going to Hatay.

Sorry yes you are correct. But still I think being a homeless man he could hide anywhere. Why cross the border? His brother wants him found and put into jail to save him from getting killed. But according to todays news he may already be dead in Syria.

What a good point. It is very strange. I think going to Syria is very strange for a homeless man. He kills a woman by the ancient walls' escapes, borrows 100 TL from his family (very little money) buys a bus ticket on one of the friends names, he has no scratches on his face, he tells another friend "bad things happened in istanbul a police tipster told me to escape and they would frame me'" and leaves for Hatay to cross Syria.
Meanwhile this event was all over the news and TV. Nobody tries to stop him. Isn`t this a too big adventure for a homeless man?
I think it is.

It's very strange IMO how organized he managed to get and how aware of the details he seemed to be. So why weren't his friends and family.

Also very interesting that he had no scratches on his face when he buys the bus ticket. He could also buy a bus ticket somewhere and never get on the bus. Then what? If people think he's caught up in Syria, they stop looking for him here.

This is interesting to me, because it justifies the CIA going into Turkey and going into Syria.

I fail to see how Z was able to pull this off.

I couldn’t quote posts from the previous thread, so what is written here relates to previous statements made by others.

If Ziya does suffer from a mental illness like schizophrenia, I think his being a junkie would exacerbate his condition.

Regarding the Grim Sleeper, I confused the two, since several years after the crimes both were linked by DNA evidence to several unsolved murders.

But you’re correct, they are two different individuals, who made the headlines at roughly the same time. My mistake.

Another thing is that if it’s true Ziya’s brother believes he’s guilty and is planning to publickly demand that he turn himself in, why could his family not organize in this same fashion to proclaim his innocence?

And again, I am confused. first one post says Ziya's brother thinks he's guilty and wants him to give up. Now a more recent post says the brother wants to secure his safety.

Anyway, could such a man really have no person in the entire world on whom he can depend?

I wrote a few posts back that Ziya could request assistance from any international organization like HRW, or any religious organization, some politician, but was told such a feat would be impossible to carry out, because it’s Turkey.

Now this doesn’t seem so impossible for someone like Ziya who is in the spotlight. Maybe it’s my poor understanding and knowledge of Turkish culture, but people on here seem to be providing conflicting information.

He needs to muster up some courage and find a way to rally the appropriate people to his cause, and start cooperating, otherwise he’ll just keep resembling a fugitive.

Thank you for the translation.

I don't see how they would even know if he was killed, or where this speculation is even coming from. This, if coming from LE, just seems all too convenient for me. It feels like they are trying to have resolution to this case as soon as possible so that publicity on an American mother of two being murdered seems like swift justice. I, actually, don't think Ziya ever went to Syria. He might be homeless, but that doesn't mean he is stupid.

I wish we could trust more of what the media prints.

I couldn’t quote posts from the previous thread, so what is written here relates to previous statements made by others.

If Ziya does suffer from a mental illness like schizophrenia, I think his being a junkie would exacerbate his condition.

Regarding the Grim Sleeper, I confused the two, since several years after the crimes both were linked by DNA evidence to several unsolved murders.

But you’re correct, they are two different individuals, who made the headlines at roughly the same time. My mistake.

Another thing is that if it’s true Ziya’s brother believes he’s guilty and is planning to publickly demand that he turn himself in, why could his family not organize in this same fashion to proclaim his innocence?

And again, I am confused. first one post says Ziya's brother thinks he's guilty and wants him to give up. Now a more recent post says the brother wants to secure his safety.

Anyway, could such a man really have no person in the entire world on whom he can depend?

I wrote a few posts back that Ziya could request assistance from any international organization like HRW, or any religious organization, some politician, but was told such a feat would be impossible to carry out, because it’s Turkey.

Now this doesn’t seem so impossible for someone like Ziya who is in the spotlight. Maybe it’s my poor understanding and knowledge of Turkish culture, but people on here seem to be providing conflicting information.

He needs to muster up some courage and find a way to rally the appropriate people to his cause, and start cooperating, otherwise he’ll just keep resembling a fugitive.

No problem - I had to actually look it up to know for sure. :)

Many questions will remain unanswered if he isn’t found alive, that’s even if he knows more than is already known.

Whatever his status, dead or alive, or fugitive, hopefully that other undisclosed percentage contains solid answers, irrespective of Ziya’s cooperation.

Otherwise we might just be looking at an unsolved mystery.

No his brother said in a recent article " I don`t care if he did this or not' I worry for his life. I want police to take him and find out if he is guilt or not. " He is really not sure whether Z. killed SS.

Thank you for the translation.

I don't see how they would even know if he was killed, or where this speculation is even coming from. This, if coming from LE, just seems all too convenient for me. It feels like they are trying to have resolution to this case as soon as possible so that publicity on an American mother of two being murdered seems like swift justice. I, actually, don't think Ziya ever went to Syria. He might be homeless, but that doesn't mean he is stupid.

I wish we could trust more of what the media prints.

His being killed in Syria is a possibility they said. They are evaluating it.

He could also buy a bus ticket somewhere and never get on the bus. Then what? If people think he's caught up in Syria, they stop looking for him here.

This is an interesting idea, that Ziya could have bought a ticket and not used it. I too had thought Syria a strange destination, even though the turmoil there might work in his favor. But since he's from northern Turkey, I wouldn't think he would fit in there.

In fact at first I had thought maybe he went to Batumi/Georgia--I guess because of his being known as "Laz Ziya," I had thought he was from the northeast, and this would be the closest border to his hometown. But I was completely wrong. Karabük is in the northwest, not the northeast.

More importantly, a photo of him was later identified by the attendant on the bus to Hatay. Plus, in the article that Blackydress found, it says that the last sighting of him was by the security cameras in the Hatay bus station. (At least I think it says this -- hopefully she or someone else is around to confirm this.) There was also a report earlier that he was seen walking toward Reyhanlı, on/near the Syrian border.

Does anyone know the location of the Hatay bus station they are talking about? Because Hatay is the whole province, not a city, right? (I know that many provinces have the same name as their major city, but I didn't think that was the case for Hatay.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back