1252 users online (226 members and 1026 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Okay, have heard back from LE. The Detective said that Lillian and the potential match are being compared with dental and DNA, no definitive conclusion yet. Will update if I hear anything more!

Thanks for your hard work allads. If it isn't a match, maybe the detective can give you a list of people they have already looked at.

Even if it's not a match I hope that it sparks them to look at Lillian's case a bit more, or keep it in mind for other potential matches.

Still can't find any record of her being born or really anything. Did she have siblings? How old were they? Are her parents still alive? All we know is that her father was named Kenneth, which isn't much. It seems that she almost certainly wasn't born in California, or if she was then something about her name was different enough to make it difficult to find. Is it possible that Kenneth was her stepfather and she was born under a different surname? Very frustrating!

Have emailed the John Muir High School alumni association asking if they could ask around her former classmates if anyone remembers anything at all about her that might be relevant in any way.
    Last edited by alllads; 03-15-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Small update: on NamUS for DNA it now says Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

So hopefully some news soon?

The detective has replied, initial dental records indicate it's not a match but he's still waiting on the DNA determination.

Bumping for Lillian. Still no news, and I still haven't found ANYTHING about her at all, not even a record of her birth.

Still no updates, and still nothing about Lillian anyway. The alumni association did not reply to me for months, then replied saying that they had already replied, and that they cannot help/are unwilling to help in any way. :/

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    I am not sure where that blogger gets the 6:30 time. First of all, I don't see that reported, although I may have missed it.

It seems unlikely IMHO. Most department stores don't open until 9 or 10. Even if she was to come in early she wouldn't have come in 2 hours early. I used to work retail and they wouldn't have product demonstrators come in usually until the store opened.

The only thing I can think of is she was going to go early on the bus and then meet up for breakfast with someone by the mall. A coworker? A boss?
    The Charley Project page & Lillian's NAMUS profile coincide with the blogger's 6:30 AM time reference for when she left the house, so it's seems that's the likely time she left her residence. The news article above then states she was seen boarding the bus at noon-1 PM. I believe both the times are correct, so the question is what was she doing in that time frame? I question if she even really got on the bus at all. What if the witness was mistaken? Is there any way to tell by some kind of record if she did board the bus? If the witness was mistaken and Lillian never boarded the bus, this leads into a new set of possibilities. She may have went missing much longer before noon or 1 PM, leaving the possibility she met up with someone in that time frame who may have more information.
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

Quote Originally Posted by amber1 View Post
    The Charley Project page & Lillian's NAMUS profile coincide with the blogger's 6:30 AM time reference for when she left the house, so it's seems that's the likely time she left her residence. The news article above then states she was seen boarding the bus at noon-1 PM. I believe both the times are correct, so the question is what was she doing in that time frame? I question if she even really got on the bus at all. What if the witness was mistaken? Is there any way to tell by some kind of record if she did board the bus? If the witness was mistaken and Lillian never boarded the bus, this leads into a new set of possibilities. She may have went missing much longer before noon or 1 PM, leaving the possibility she met up with someone in that time frame who may have more information.
    I agree that the witness may have been mistaken, but either way there is some weird unaccounted for time.

If Lillian got on the bus at 1, what was she doing for HOURS before that? And if she got on a bus headed to work at 1, that's a bit weird too, if it was a job at a mall presumably she would have gone in the morning.

But if she did leave home at 6:30, where did she go? Did she even intend to go to the job? Who offered her the job? I'm assuming that LE did look into this stuff and found no leads. I'm actually a bit more positive about LE efforts, actually, since I had some dealing with the Christopher Wells case ( WA WA - Christopher Wells, 16, Seattle, 13 Dec 1972 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community ). It's a classic "there are few details in this case" situation, until I asked Seattle police for some basic info, and they sent me a scanned version of basically the entire police file, which showed that they had actually done a fair bit of digging and interviews at the time.

I've tried asking Pasadena about the same but they can't disclose anything, basically... Maybe someone else would have better luck.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-06-2015 at 08:48 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2