1081 users online (278 members and 803 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,014

    MN - Anna Hurd, 16, stabbed to death, Maplewood, 23 Feb 2013

    http://www.twincities.com/localnews/...ewood-stabbing

    This poor sweet 16 year old was found stabbed to death.
    I haven't seen anything about her, but they are trying to find her killer.
    On her dad's fb page, he is really upset looking for her boyfriend and saying that he hasn't been heard from.
    Anna has darker hair on her fb page. There are pics of her and her boyfriend.
    Is it ok to post her fb page?
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,224
    Yes, you can post the victim's facebook but NOT her fathers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    77
    http://www.twincities.com/ci_2266719...slain-north-st

    Here's another article with a bit more info. I couldn't find anything else though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Yes, you can post the victim's facebook but NOT her fathers.
    Ok..thanks...
    Here is Anna's page...
    https://www.facebook.com/annalynn.hurd?fref=ts
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    158
    So very tragic. I live in N. St. Paul and have most of my life, it's a very low crime area. I actually was friends with her father back in high school, but that was 24 years ago so I wouldn't consider myself an "insider" in this case at all. I keep searching the Internet for news of an arrest, but so far nothing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    753
    A beautiful 16-yr old stabbed to death! I hope they find who murdered her quickly.

    Rest in Peace Anna. Prayers to her loved ones.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,333
    Her facebook page is no longer available.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    Her facebook page is no longer available.
    Maybe a glitch? I can still see her FB page, although all that's on it are a few pictures. I think it was locked down mostly private right away. From other FB pages I gathered the mother is blaming the father and it's causing quite a bit of tension. Not blaming him as in thinking he killed her, but just the fact that he got custody and she had moved from Texas to Minnesota and why was she out at that time, etc. None of this is private either, I'm not friended on FB with any of these people, the father has his recent posts on FB completely public. You know the blaming is going to happen, but it's disheartening to see it done so publicly at such a sad time.

    Her memorial is today at 3:00. It's at the church right up the street from me. I was considering going and paying my respects, but I decided against that since I never met Anna and I haven't been in touch with her father since high school. I'm keeping all of them in my thoughts, but there isn't anything else I can really do and they need to be surrounded by those they know well who can provide them comfort.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    753
    I can still access Anna's facebook -- don't have time to look for mom's right now. Curious as to why dad got custody of Anna. It seems she had just gotten out of some kind of trouble. Very sad. RIP Anna.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,118
    It appears that Anna has been in a little trouble lately (school) and was giving her father a hard time. Possibly lashing out because her father gained custody of her? Taking her away from her home in Texas and her friends. According to her friends in Minnesota, she was "on the run" and staying here and there with plans to return to Texas with her mother and sisters (according to the article above).

    There had to be a reason why Anna's father was granted custody of Anna from her mother. Courts do not take children away from their mother's lightly. I believe Anna had most likely been getting in trouble in Texas too and dad intervened. The mother blaming the father is really sad. I do not think it was his fault. Angry teenagers can be very hard to deal with.

    I also wonder how long Anna had actually been living with her father? Could Anna have been messing with someone else's boyfriend unknowingly/knowingly? Stabbing seems so personal. Like a jealous rage. I'd definitely be looking into the boyfriend and any possible girlfriends he had.

    It's a sad case for sure. I'm praying for an arrest and some peace for this family. I am also hoping that Anna is now at peace. Life can be so hard when you're 16. Sometimes these young people don't even realize what is best for them. That it appears her father was trying to do the best thing for her and she ran away from it and into the arms of danger instead.

    R.I.P. Anna
    Justice for Trayvon


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,495

    Funeral services to be held for 16-year-old slain

    http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_2...year-old-slain

    Anna Hurd, 16, was found stabbed to death in a Maplewood park on Feb. 23. Police have not made an arrest or announced a suspect in the cas

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    It appears that Anna has been in a little trouble lately (school) and was giving her father a hard time. Possibly lashing out because her father gained custody of her? Taking her away from her home in Texas and her friends. According to her friends in Minnesota, she was "on the run" and staying here and there with plans to return to Texas with her mother and sisters (according to the article above).

    There had to be a reason why Anna's father was granted custody of Anna from her mother. Courts do not take children away from their mother's lightly. I believe Anna had most likely been getting in trouble in Texas too and dad intervened. The mother blaming the father is really sad. I do not think it was his fault. Angry teenagers can be very hard to deal with.

    I also wonder how long Anna had actually been living with her father? Could Anna have been messing with someone else's boyfriend unknowingly/knowingly? Stabbing seems so personal. Like a jealous rage. I'd definitely be looking into the boyfriend and any possible girlfriends he had.

    It's a sad case for sure. I'm praying for an arrest and some peace for this family. I am also hoping that Anna is now at peace. Life can be so hard when you're 16. Sometimes these young people don't even realize what is best for them. That it appears her father was trying to do the best thing for her and she ran away from it and into the arms of danger instead.

    R.I.P. Anna
    I can shed light on a couple of these issues. One of the newspaper articles said Anna had been living with her father for approximately a year. I remember a couple years ago there was a FB campaign going on that Anna and her father started for him to gain custody of Anna, so at least in the beginning she wanted to come here and live with her father. Being a 16-year-old girl maybe she wasn't getting along with her mother so decided she wanted to be with her father, but again, being a 16-year-old girl that may not have turned out the way she hoped it would. Maybe she thought her father would be more slack about school and/or other things, and when he wasn't she wanted to go back to Texas. And if I'm remembering correctly, Minnesota was home first, Texas came later after the divorce.

    Based solely on the news reports I've seen, I'm leaning heavily towards the boyfriend having done it. She was at his house, they'd recently been arguing about her texting another boy, she left his house to go to a friend's, someone who lived in the area heard yelling/arguing behind their house around the time of the stabbing, the boyfriend was the last one to see her alive and the one who found her dead and called 911. The police said there was no need for the general public to worry, which basically means she knew her killer and it wasn't a random attack. If it's not her boyfriend, then I'd lean towards one of her female friends/frenemies - teenage girls can be so vicious sometimes.

    Other than that, there hasn't really been any updated information though one of the reports said either they have another suspect or they're looking at other possible suspects. I know everyone around here is anxious for an arrest to be made.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,014
    So sad
    I read alot of comments on her dad's page too.
    And i saw on her boyfriend's page where he posted another pic of them together...or maybe it was a pic of her i can't quite remember.
    But it was posted since Anna was found dead.
    If he did it, i think that's kinda creepy.
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,696
    There are some rumors floating around twitter and tumblr saying a name of the person who did it and it is not her boyfriends name. I can't post any links to the comments because they go to minors pages.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSunshine View Post
    There are some rumors floating around twitter and tumblr saying a name of the person who did it and it is not her boyfriends name. I can't post any links to the comments because they go to minors pages.
    I'm going to have to wait until the name shows up somewhere else, I suck at Twitter and Tumblr, lol. There's a fundraising benefit for her funeral costs at the Rainbow a few blocks from me today. I'm going to stop by there in a little bit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY GA - Sky Allen, 2, stabbed to death, Augusta, 2 May 2013
    By raine1212 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-19-2016, 01:43 AM
  2. GUILTY IN - Michael Harrison, 2, stabbed to death, Noblesville, 9 Jan 2013
    By meganx3xo in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-08-2015, 02:16 PM
  3. GUILTY WA - Spc. Tevin Geike, 20, stabbed to death, Lakewood, 5 Oct 2013
    By oh_gal in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-30-2015, 04:12 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2013, 07:35 PM
  5. GUILTY AR - Lamont Hurd, 4, beaten to death, Forrest City, 12 Jan 2007
    By Saavy in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 07:47 AM

Tags for this Thread