A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Continue here:

:thewave:​

juror list (copy and paste from KBisme

Ok, so I'll start on my notes. First, I couldn't see Jodi from where I was sitting because an interns head was blocking my view of her. I did have a great view of the jury though, so almost all of my notes are about them. I'll first start with adding my take on each of them to Anita's awesome list. I made a list of my own because I wasn't as smart as PASA (she printed Anita's list and had it with her). My comments are in purple.

Jurors

1.Church Lady- Mid 50's, short hair, no make-up, glasses.
This lady looks absolutely disgusted the whole time. I never once saw her look in the direction of JA. Not ONCE. She either stares straight forward or looks at JM.

2.Trump-Guy in 40's, lots of hair, car salesman look.
I called this guy "Comb Over" he had his head resting on his hand almost the whole time. He also never looks at JA. He seemed to be paying attention, but also seemed bored.

3.Housewife-She is a big lady (tall and heavy set, not obese) with a very sweet face, no make-up.
Interesting different view today. I called her the "Angry Neighbor Lady" Lol. I wrote that she follows along, but has a constant "sour puss". I don't know if it's just "her look" or what, but she seemed to be frowning every time I looked at her.

4.Grandpa-Bald, sweet faced older man that looks like my grandpa.
I also named this man Grandpa. He does have a sweet face and seems the "calm" type.

5.Tricolor-Early 30's, short, stylish haircut with three colors, reminds me of one of my hairstylists.
This is the only one I remembered Anita's name for because her hair stood out, Lol. She reminded me of my best friend. She probably gave more facial expressions than any of the others. She is very engaged and took a fair amount of notes.

6.Nancy-Lady in her 50's, lovely face, reminds me of Nancy Reagan with glasses, short sassy haircut.
I called her Spikey Hair. Anita's description is better. She was the only one I saw look at Jodi when the jury first walked in. She took a lot of notes.

7.Paul Rudd-Younger guy, mid-late 20's with spiky hair, sweat jacket, looks like the actor Paul Rudd.
He does look like Paul Rudd, but with shorter hair. He's a good looking young man.

8.The CEO-Good looking man, mid 50's with goatee. Can see him being the jury foreman.
I called this guy "The Dad". He looks nothing like my dad, Lol, but for whatever reason... I got a fatherly feel from him.

9.Willy-Old hippy with long white ponytail, thin, small build.
This guy looked PIZZED the whole time. He seemed to be staring towards the media lady or just into the corner. I only saw him look at JM or JA maybe once.

10.Barb-Female, 40's, has the "sexy librarian" look, wearing a form fitting sweater, slender build and voluptuous. If ANYONE on the jury is offended by disparaging comments regarding breast augmentation, my guess is it would be her. She is the only juror I couldn't see very clearly; just when she entered and exited the courtroom and when I stretched up out of my seat to gawk at her.
I called this lady "Plain Jane" She was very hard to see from where I was, but I could tell she was taking notes quite a bit.

11.Poquito-Little Mexican guy (maybe 5'3) with long graduated pony tail, lots of facial hair and piercings.
I called him "Paco" He was hard to see too, but mostly because he was slouched down in his seat I thought he'd fall off Lol. At one point he was bent over instead of slouching, but still very hard to see.

12.Neil-Early 50's high forehead, glasses, looks very nervous and turns red easily. This is the guy that makes KCL nervous.
I called this guy "Jim" I wrote "very hard to read".

13.The Wrestler-Younger good looking guy, large build.
I called this guy "The Jock" He reminded me a little of Oz on American Pie (Chris Klein).

14.Old potsmoking CPA (I have no idea why I wrote this, i have ZERO recollection of this juror. He did not make any impression on me, other than when I was going down the rows naming them.)
I called this guy Sleepy. He swiveled in his chair a lot and fell asleep at least twice. He was also slouched down in his chair.

15.Elderly Man-This man is definitely the oldest juror, he occasionally uses the headphones to listen to the proceedings that Jodie's Auntie uses.
I called him "Captain" He has a very intense gaze. It's hard to describe but he gives off a stubborn and no bs vibe. Maybe ex military or something?

16.Maureen-Red haired, glasses (the red might be too red to be a natural ginger) If I had to guess one Mormon on the jury, it would be her.
I called her The Secretary. She took a lot of notes and had a "polished" look to her. She had her whole body turned facing Jodi. I barely saw her look at JM. She was the only one that really made me feel nervous at all.

17.Pony Tail-Young girl, pony tail, plain, pony tail and sweats.
I called her frumpy lady. Not in a rude way... it's just the word that came to mind. Very plain. She took a lot of notes.

18.The Artist-Bald, attractive, glasses, 50's-60's, large build, holds his notebook on a binder as if he's going to sketch. He looks around the gallery a lot. I thought we met eyes a couple of times, but who knows, that room is so huge!
This guy also had a very intense gaze. He took some notes. He rubbed his face and tapped his fingers to his lips a lot. He wasn't the only one doing stuff like that, but I'll get into that in my notes.

Ignore the names I threw in there. We should stick with Anita's. I just thought it would be interesting to give different peoples views on them. More to come!

thread #1

Good morning,
Yesterday (Wednesday) Jodi seemed to smile, on the right side of her mouth at two different times when the jurors were coming in.

Do the jurors have the same advantage as we see from the cameras, to see Jodi's face full on when testifying? I so hope they see her with the full toothy smiles discussing her sexcapades. Maybe she does this intentionally to stir up or arouse the men (or gay woman) jurors.

Thank you to all our court reporters for giving us more reality to this trial. I often wonder what goes on just before or right after the camera cuts off. KatieCoo, I always enjoyed your adventures during the Scott Peterson trial (Court TV forums), especially your journey to the Peterson home.

I don't know how to make this look like a quote because I brought it over from the other thread.

Gitana:
Does she glance at jodi as she walks in or out of the courtroom? Because if she does not, then i am not that worried. I feel anyone who believes jodi at this point has to be mentally not all there. Sorry. I'm assuming none of the jurors have this issue.

No! There was only one juror I noticed looking that way when they walked in and it just was a general glance in that direction. Everyone else stared straight, or looked a little into the gallery, until they started. She could have been looking towards the judge or the media lady. What would her title be? The person JM brings his exhibits over to after they are admitted? That makes me feel so much better! The lady next to Maureen was turned a little, but she turns her head from JM to JA. A lot of them do that, so they are definitely following along. Those ladies are seats 2 & 3 if you're going left to right in the back row. They are very far from Jodi, so they could also just be trying to watch her demeanor while she answers. I hope they ALL notice her crazy inappropriate smiles, etc! I just want to yell through the monitor at her!

I could see Poquito having back problems. He was doubled over the whole time I watched him too. I thought maybe he was a little uncomfortable feeling like so many people were staring at him? I don't know. I'd probably try to hide too! Lol. Ooh Ijust had a thought! Maybe he made eye contact with JA once and he got scared!! Her eyes freak me out!

Thanks Nurse! I'll be headed back for the pm session again today. I made a "date" with katieDDJ to go to the rooftop after so will be a little later w/ my updates. I'll let you all know where I am when I get there.

Good morning,
Yesterday (Wednesday) Jodi seemed to smile, on the right side of her mouth at two different times when the jurors were coming in.

Do the jurors have the same advantage as we see from the cameras, to see Jodi's face full on when testifying? I so hope they see her with the full toothy smiles discussing her sexcapades. Maybe she does this intentionally to stir up or arouse the men (or gay woman) jurors.

Thank you to all our court reporters for giving us more reality to this trial. I often wonder what goes on just before or right after the camera cuts off. KatieCoo, I always enjoyed your adventures during the Scott Peterson trial (Court TV forums), especially your journey to the Peterson home.

Funny you say that as I just got a call on that whole deal yesterday. That was a just crazy time. And they say court watcher doesn't make a difference? I beg to differ (ps talked to Jordy last night...she lives in MS now! Think a good thought for her...she's been having some pacemaker issues or something..been a bit worried about her).

Thanks Nurse! I'll be headed back for the pm session again today. I made a "date" with katieDDJ to go to the rooftop after so will be a little later w/ my updates. I'll let you all know where I am when I get there.

:seeya: Katie pls give Jordy our best hope she'll stop by WS near future!

Any chance we can get a live trial update (Cell Phone Video) from the Rooftop Girls? :please:

Thank you katicoolady! I will be waiting here for your updates. I'll be looking for you in the gallery. I hope you have a Juanderful day.

Again, thank you so much for keeping us all up to date on the insider info. Thank all the others you see today as well.

Is anyone else having a problem viewing this thread? The type is super-super small. It is not my computer because other threads I have read today did not display like this. Please fix this problem. Thanks!

:seeya: Katie pls give Jordy our best hope she'll stop by WS near future!

Any chance we can get a live trial update (Cell Phone Video) from the Rooftop Girls? :please:
Oh! I'll take one! I just don't know what to do with it though..but if I'll get some live video on my phone for ya. ;)

Is anyone else having a problem viewing this thread? The type is super-super small. It is not my computer because other threads I have read today did not display like this. Please fix this problem. Thanks!

Mine isn't doing that. And your next post is crazy huge! lol

Thank you all for your fabulous observations and insight! I would say, if per Anita Maureen had her hand over her mouth during the child *advertiser censored* testimony, and per KCL she had her hand over her mouth during the gun testimony, maybe we don't need to be worried about her?:please:

Also noticed that at least 75% of the time that Jodi's been on cross, Nurmi has his hands over his mouth, too...sometimes with his finger extending up his cheek, sometimes rubbing his nose. Fascinating when you consider the body language info KB!

Looking so forward to today's observations.

ETA: First time poster. Thanks for having me!:seeya:

Thank you all for your fabulous observations and insight! I would say, if per Anita Maureen had her hand over her mouth during the child *advertiser censored* testimony, and per KCL she had her hand over her mouth during the gun testimony, maybe we don't need to be worried about her?:please:

Also noticed that at least 75% of the time that Jodi's been on cross, Nurmi has his hands over his mouth, too...sometimes with his finger extending up his cheek, sometimes rubbing his nose. Fascinating when you consider the body language info KB!

Welcome! I'll be super observant today about body language. Yes I too noticed that about Nurmi.

Welcome! I'll be super observant today about body language. Yes I too noticed that about Nurmi.

Great posts from you yesterday! Super excited to hear there's something in the juror's question box!! Also, I thought it was creepy and interesting about her hand movements as she takes her Von Trapp stance!!

Keep up the good work!!

Funny you say that as I just got a call on that whole deal yesterday. That was a just crazy time. And they say court watcher doesn't make a difference? I beg to differ (ps talked to Jordy last night...she lives in MS now! Think a good thought for her...she's been having some pacemaker issues or something..been a bit worried about her).

Sending Jordy good thoughts. Keep us posted if you hear anything new.

:welcome: to WS!

Welcome to Websleuths! Great first post!

:welcome4:

No! There was only one juror I noticed looking that way when they walked in and it just was a general glance in that direction. Everyone else stared straight, or looked a little into the gallery, until they started. She could have been looking towards the judge or the media lady. What would her title be? The person JM brings his exhibits over to after they are admitted? That makes me feel so much better! The lady next to Maureen was turned a little, but she turns her head from JM to JA. A lot of them do that, so they are definitely following along. Those ladies are seats 2 & 3 if you're going left to right in the back row. They are very far from Jodi, so they could also just be trying to watch her demeanor while she answers. I hope they ALL notice her crazy inappropriate smiles, etc! I just want to yell through the monitor at her!

Snipped and bolded by me. That would be the Court Clerk.

UNREAL!!!!! Here we go with the complete LIES! She refuses to admit it unless Juan can literally PROVE she is WRONG! GO ahead Juan, PROVE HER WRONG!!! Bring this lying, murdering <mod snip> down today once and for all! Justice For Travis! I am SO over her arguing and the lies from her Defense atty's. This is madness putting that family of Travis's through all of this. Narcissistic, arrogant, pathetic. Sorry...I just had to vent!

And TOUCHDOWN!
Did The <mod snip> That Calls Itself Jodi Arias really believe she was going to continue to be the smart mouthed insolent child when it came to the actual murder she has admitted committing? Gone is the snarky, petulant "That's My Story and I'm Sticking to it as I Change it as I Go" rehearsed<mod snip> Now we get the soft, barely audible answers...the tears welling up in the eyes and BAM! the floodgates open when Juan gets to the moment she ended that poor man's life. LOVE LOVE LOVE that he asked her if she was crying while shooting, stabbing and nearly decapitating Travis. Masterful, and he's not done yet. This <mod snip>s frustrating detached act has grown stale. Her tap dancing around simple yes and no questions, the outright provable lies - the jury's work will not be difficult from this point on. Let this be a lesson to all defense attorneys who try to pull a fast one on juries and observers: you cannot make that which is inhuman seem human with librarian glasses, toned down clothing, school marm hairstyles and voice inflections. NO ONE should feel sorry for this <mod snip>. This was ALL her construct.

Please please please.... can we beg those of you in the courtroom to post your notes from a bar that has WiFi? I don't think we can wait until after you have drinks/drive home to read your insights. Pretty please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member