1421 users online (320 members and 1101 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,755

    Reunited with her dead dog - 10 years later

    http://screen.yahoo.com/reunited-her...011306079.html

    10 years after being told her dog had died, this woman is called by a veterinarian to let her know that someone is alive and well and waiting for her.


    Good thing he is her "ex" now

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175
    Quote Originally Posted by longtallcold View Post
    http://screen.yahoo.com/reunited-her...011306079.html

    10 years after being told her dog had died, this woman is called by a veterinarian to let her know that someone is alive and well and waiting for her.


    Good thing he is her "ex" now
    Seems like something is missing in this story. 10 years later the new owners take the dog to the vet, the vet scans the chip and calls her???

    Were they taking the dog in to be euthanized? Was the dog found lost? Why did the vet call based on the chip? Lots of rescue dogs have chips registered to their rescuer, not the current owner, it is not that unusual so something must have been wrong for the vet to do that.

    Also if there wasn't a problem with the "new" owners then they would not have just handed the dog back after 10 years, they would have likely fought it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Seems like something is missing in this story. 10 years later the new owners take the dog to the vet, the vet scans the chip and calls her???

    Were they taking the dog in to be euthanized? Was the dog found lost? Why did the vet call based on the chip? Lots of rescue dogs have chips registered to their rescuer, not the current owner, it is not that unusual so something must have been wrong for the vet to do that.

    Also if there wasn't a problem with the "new" owners then they would not have just handed the dog back after 10 years, they would have likely fought it.
    At about 55 seconds in, they show a picture of the Buddy Center where the dog was brought. It says on the front of the building "Intake Lost and Found", so it seems possibly someone found the dog and brought it to this Lost & Found / Pound.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,489
    10 years is a long time in people years, but even moreso in dog years.

    So glad these 2 have been finally reunited.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Redux View Post
    At about 55 seconds in, they show a picture of the Buddy Center where the dog was brought. It says on the front of the building "Intake Lost and Found", so it seems possibly someone found the dog and brought it to this Lost & Found / Pound.

    I bet the owners were surrendering the dog which is why the vet said "the name on the chip didn't match the people that brought the dog in". If someone found the dog and brought it in the they wouldn't expect the names to match.



Similar Threads

  1. Trafficked boy reunited with family after 24 YEARS
    By MsFacetious in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2015, 05:20 PM
  2. Missing Dog Reunited with Family After Four Years
    By tarabull in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 10:09 PM
  3. Family reunited with dog stolen 7 years ago
    By Skittles in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 01:03 AM
  4. Lost Dog Reunited With Family After 9 Years
    By MaryLiz in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 10:04 PM
  5. Dog missing for four years reunited with family
    By cathieq in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 01:20 PM