845 users online (113 members and 732 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: How did the prosecution do on cross examination of Arias?

Voters
348. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome: wouldn't change a thing (or maybe just a few things)

226 64.94%
  • It was very good: but I was expecting a little more

77 22.13%
  • It was good: I think he left a lot out

18 5.17%
  • It was pretty good: I think it could have been a lot better

22 6.32%
  • It was not good at all.

5 1.44%

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

What did you think of the State's cross examination of Arias?

What did you think of the cross examination of Arias? Vote and discuss here.

I thought it was awesome. No question.

I believe his closing argument will be one for the record books, too.

awesome,no question about it.

juan is not only an amazing prosecutor but it came across (to me anyway) that he really did care about travis's family and bringing travis's excellent reputation back
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Amazing but I expected a little more.

I thought he would go over the actual murder with a fine-tooth comb, asking her about every injury, really laying into her about it, showing photo after photo of his injuries, and showing the jury down-and-dirty what that thing did to Travis.

But maybe I just watch too much TV.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I thought it was brilliant! He locked her into her version where she was standing in the room and where Travis allegedly was standing (lies). He proved her to be a prolific and charming lier. He showed her changes in demeanor. He showed her obsessiveness. He showed the defense evidence of the sexual encounters to be mutual and that she was the one who was aggressive. He showed her as aggressive, spiteful, and hateful. He showed her attempts to manipulate her story to fit the forensic evidence. He showed her past problems with money, holding jobs, and relationships. He showed her trending history of spying, snooping, and confronting in relationships with men. He showed that she has a rather photographic and long lived memory that seems to fade when the it does not serve her purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby1 View Post
    I thought it was awesome. No question.

I believe his closing argument will be one for the record books, too.
    I thought it was great, too. And I also think his closing will be crystal clear beyond any reasonable doubt. He could have taken it further, but rather than risk mind-numbing Nurmisms, he knew when to stop, and will know how to put it together.
    It doesn't hurt that the self-defense story makes very little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    I thought it was brilliant! He locked her into her version where she was standing in the room and where Travis allegedly was standing (lies). He proved her to be a prolific and charming lier. He showed her changes in demeanor. He showed her obsessiveness. He showed the defense evidence of the sexual encounters to be mutual and that she was the one who was aggressive. He showed her as aggressive, spiteful, and hateful. He showed her attempts to manipulate her story to fit the forensic evidence. He showed her past problems with money, holding jobs, and relationships. He showed her trending history of spying, snooping, and confronting in relationships with men. He showed that she has a rather photographic and long lived memory that seems to fade when the it does not serve her purpose.
    Absolutely, he surely did show her as aggressive, and able to stand up to 'men like him', as well as that the only evidence that there was any abuse or deviance was her word - which he proved was to be conservative, unreliable, and always self-serving to her best interest.
    I think one of the most important points he brought out was her ability not only murder, but so easily trash this great guy she (and seems like everyone else who knew him) found to be kind, generous and thoughtful
    She was completely willing to conjure a situation based on what she thought was the forensics, but was wrong about the gunshot.
    I think it was a huge point that she put him in the closet with her, where he supposedly knew there was a gun, only she went for it, and shot him while he was as vulnerable as possible.
    How can it be self defense if only she reached for the gun? A gun she says he put there, and did not attempt to stop her from flying up to get?

I thought it was awesome! He cornered Jodi with all of her lies! And then wrapped it all up, showing her to be the agressive, stalking, psychopatic murderer that she is!
    His closing will be one to remember!

Thought Juan did a very good job.
    Things that were left out --->will be brought to light before trials end

JUSTICE for Travis is coming
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Awesome, and then some. I was amazed at how Juan systematically dismantled most of Jodi's incessant lies and exposed the many faces of Jodi Arias.

The demonstration of the "linebacker" charge that Jodi attributed to Travis came off looking more like a graceful dance move with no trace of anger or hostility in the man she accused of "coming after her". For someone who believes herself to be artistic and creative, Jodi's lame attempt at acting was a major fail.

I thought he was masterful. In hindsight, it is easy to say that he might have left some things out, or gone on too long on certain points, but looking at the overall performance, it was fantastic.

He had to leave many things out because there were just too many lies to cover them all. And he had to go out into the weeds because she constantly tried to pull him off track. But he eventually learned how to control her, partly by just wearing her down.

I think it was great strategy that he didn't let her get away with any verbal gymnastics in the beginning. Lots of people said he was letting her control things by him engaging her in those silly exchanges. But I think it was the opposite. He let her know that he wasn't going to let her get away with that. He was going to stay with her, no matter what little games she tried to play to deflect or deny things. And even though it was annoying and confusing for everyone else, it was effective strategy in the end.

I loved his final mini-closing. It was great the way he gave the summary of his cross, and reminded the jury of the damage he had done to the defense. And the clip where she says the jury will never convict her- HA, CLASSIC.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Im not a lawyer, So I have to rely on his expertise about what he broached in cross. I think he was masterful. I was afraid he was going to hard on her until I saw her fight back. That is not someone who is the victim of abuse. Abused women who have that mentality don't fight back like she did. They are meek and if she had been meek and reserved with him yelling, Then she could have made her abuse crockcase. But because she fought back, He got her to say " I don't take trout from no man. I make the rules and you follow them or you die."

I think he was awesome. I found that things that concerned me about the case, He took care of with ease and did it with umph.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Arrow

Oh my goodness I guess I'm in the minority here. I voted that he did a good job but sure could have left out things. At points he got into those verbal battles with Jodi and his ego got in the way. It was nonsense and had no part in the case. He had to win those arguments. He took a very long time to get to a very short distance round and round he went.

I do look forward to his summation. That should be a direct line with no wandering around to her guilt. Just moo.

I thought it was great!

I particularly enjoyed the parts that were brought out that showed Travis:

1. Loaned her money and tried to help her
    2. Never abused her. If anything she abused him
    3. Cared so much for others ie: Stopping to get a homeless person some food.
    4. He was not a pedophile.

I know there are more, but those are the ones that stick out at me right now.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

I agree with zoomama that Juan Martinez wasted too much time and energy in verbal sparring with Jodi.
    The facts are overwhelmingly on his side and he should have stuck to them rather than nitpicking Jodi over the words she was using. Martinez kept trying to twist her words to mean things she didn't intend instead of just letting her own words condemn her. There were points in his cross examination where he lost credibility with me.
    I disagree with those who think Jodi was agressive or fought back. I know if I was in her seat I would have been screaming at Martinez. I think she sat back and took it pretty well. Far better than I would have in her shoes.
    I believe Jodi is 100% guilty of first degree murder but I do think Martinez was way too agressive, manipulative, and controlling.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast