What did you think of the State's cross examination of Arias?

How did the prosecution do on cross examination of Arias?

• Awesome: wouldn't change a thing (or maybe just a few things)

Votes: 226 64.9%
  • It was very good: but I was expecting a little more

Votes: 77 22.1%
  • It was good: I think he left a lot out

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • It was pretty good: I think it could have been a lot better

Votes: 22 6.3%
  • It was not good at all.

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters

nursebeeme

Reaction score
What did you think of the cross examination of Arias? Vote and discuss here.

I thought it was awesome. No question.

I believe his closing argument will be one for the record books, too.

awesome,no question about it.

juan is not only an amazing prosecutor but it came across (to me anyway) that he really did care about travis's family and bringing travis's excellent reputation back

Amazing but I expected a little more.

I thought he would go over the actual murder with a fine-tooth comb, asking her about every injury, really laying into her about it, showing photo after photo of his injuries, and showing the jury down-and-dirty what that thing did to Travis.

But maybe I just watch too much TV.

I thought it was brilliant! He locked her into her version where she was standing in the room and where Travis allegedly was standing (lies). He proved her to be a prolific and charming lier. He showed her changes in demeanor. He showed her obsessiveness. He showed the defense evidence of the sexual encounters to be mutual and that she was the one who was aggressive. He showed her as aggressive, spiteful, and hateful. He showed her attempts to manipulate her story to fit the forensic evidence. He showed her past problems with money, holding jobs, and relationships. He showed her trending history of spying, snooping, and confronting in relationships with men. He showed that she has a rather photographic and long lived memory that seems to fade when the it does not serve her purpose.

I thought it was awesome. No question.

I believe his closing argument will be one for the record books, too.

I thought it was great, too. And I also think his closing will be crystal clear beyond any reasonable doubt. He could have taken it further, but rather than risk mind-numbing Nurmisms, he knew when to stop, and will know how to put it together.
It doesn't hurt that the self-defense story makes very little sense.

I thought it was brilliant! He locked her into her version where she was standing in the room and where Travis allegedly was standing (lies). He proved her to be a prolific and charming lier. He showed her changes in demeanor. He showed her obsessiveness. He showed the defense evidence of the sexual encounters to be mutual and that she was the one who was aggressive. He showed her as aggressive, spiteful, and hateful. He showed her attempts to manipulate her story to fit the forensic evidence. He showed her past problems with money, holding jobs, and relationships. He showed her trending history of spying, snooping, and confronting in relationships with men. He showed that she has a rather photographic and long lived memory that seems to fade when the it does not serve her purpose.

Absolutely, he surely did show her as aggressive, and able to stand up to 'men like him', as well as that the only evidence that there was any abuse or deviance was her word - which he proved was to be conservative, unreliable, and always self-serving to her best interest.
I think one of the most important points he brought out was her ability not only murder, but so easily trash this great guy she (and seems like everyone else who knew him) found to be kind, generous and thoughtful
She was completely willing to conjure a situation based on what she thought was the forensics, but was wrong about the gunshot.
I think it was a huge point that she put him in the closet with her, where he supposedly knew there was a gun, only she went for it, and shot him while he was as vulnerable as possible.
How can it be self defense if only she reached for the gun? A gun she says he put there, and did not attempt to stop her from flying up to get?

I thought it was awesome! He cornered Jodi with all of her lies! And then wrapped it all up, showing her to be the agressive, stalking, psychopatic murderer that she is!
His closing will be one to remember!

Thought Juan did a very good job.
Things that were left out --->will be brought to light before trials end

JUSTICE for Travis is coming

Awesome, and then some. I was amazed at how Juan systematically dismantled most of Jodi's incessant lies and exposed the many faces of Jodi Arias.

The demonstration of the "linebacker" charge that Jodi attributed to Travis came off looking more like a graceful dance move with no trace of anger or hostility in the man she accused of "coming after her". For someone who believes herself to be artistic and creative, Jodi's lame attempt at acting was a major fail. :moo:

I thought he was masterful. In hindsight, it is easy to say that he might have left some things out, or gone on too long on certain points, but looking at the overall performance, it was fantastic.

He had to leave many things out because there were just too many lies to cover them all. And he had to go out into the weeds because she constantly tried to pull him off track. But he eventually learned how to control her, partly by just wearing her down.

I think it was great strategy that he didn't let her get away with any verbal gymnastics in the beginning. Lots of people said he was letting her control things by him engaging her in those silly exchanges. But I think it was the opposite. He let her know that he wasn't going to let her get away with that. He was going to stay with her, no matter what little games she tried to play to deflect or deny things. And even though it was annoying and confusing for everyone else, it was effective strategy in the end.

I loved his final mini-closing. It was great the way he gave the summary of his cross, and reminded the jury of the damage he had done to the defense. And the clip where she says the jury will never convict her- HA, CLASSIC. :giggle:

Im not a lawyer, So I have to rely on his expertise about what he broached in cross. I think he was masterful. I was afraid he was going to hard on her until I saw her fight back. That is not someone who is the victim of abuse. Abused women who have that mentality don't fight back like she did. They are meek and if she had been meek and reserved with him yelling, Then she could have made her abuse crockcase. But because she fought back, He got her to say " I don't take trout from no man. I make the rules and you follow them or you die."

I think he was awesome. I found that things that concerned me about the case, He took care of with ease and did it with umph.

Oh my goodness I guess I'm in the minority here. I voted that he did a good job but sure could have left out things. At points he got into those verbal battles with Jodi and his ego got in the way. It was nonsense and had no part in the case. He had to win those arguments. He took a very long time to get to a very short distance round and round he went.

I do look forward to his summation. That should be a direct line with no wandering around to her guilt. Just moo.

I thought it was great! :great:

I particularly enjoyed the parts that were brought out that showed Travis:

1. Loaned her money and tried to help her
2. Never abused her. If anything she abused him
3. Cared so much for others ie: Stopping to get a homeless person some food.
4. He was not a pedophile.

I know there are more, but those are the ones that stick out at me right now.

I agree with zoomama that Juan Martinez wasted too much time and energy in verbal sparring with Jodi.
The facts are overwhelmingly on his side and he should have stuck to them rather than nitpicking Jodi over the words she was using. Martinez kept trying to twist her words to mean things she didn't intend instead of just letting her own words condemn her. There were points in his cross examination where he lost credibility with me.
I disagree with those who think Jodi was agressive or fought back. I know if I was in her seat I would have been screaming at Martinez. I think she sat back and took it pretty well. Far better than I would have in her shoes.
I believe Jodi is 100% guilty of first degree murder but I do think Martinez was way too agressive, manipulative, and controlling.

Juan Martinez is a master in the courtroom. He is by far the best prosecutor I've ever seen. There's nobody more organized, passionate and prepared than Juan. Law students should have to watch this trial just to see him in action.

Oh my goodness I guess I'm in the minority here. I voted that he did a good job but sure could have left out things. At points he got into those verbal battles with Jodi and his ego got in the way. It was nonsense and had no part in the case. He had to win those arguments. He took a very long time to get to a very short distance round and round he went.

I do look forward to his summation. That should be a direct line with no wandering around to her guilt. Just moo.

I don't think it was his ego that motivated him. I think he was just not going to give her an inch, on anything, just to keep the upper hand. If he gave her an inch, she'd take a mile. So he had to make it clear to her that he was not going to let her deflect or dance around the questions. JMO

I don't think so at all. I think he was leading her into her mania. Making her fight back. Showing what happens when she is cornered. She does not cower and back down she comes out swinging.

Every time he pushed her, she pushed back. Even when she is crying she does not look small and scared, She has no trouble answering.

He did it right. If he pushed her and she had cowered, I bet he would have backed off, But he knew that she likes to add details and make things interesting so she may add something new and something more incriminating.

Juan, is the wizard

Juan Martinez is a master in the courtroom. He is by far the best prosecutor I've ever seen. There's nobody more organized, passionate and prepared than Juan. Law students should have to watch this trial just to see him in action.

And he is not even done. He gets recross possibly and then summation.. He is still got more points to score.

I thought it was great! :great:

I particularly enjoyed the parts that were brought out that showed Travis:

1. Loaned her money and tried to help her
2. Never abused her. If anything she abused him
3. Cared so much for others ie: Stopping to get a homeless person some food.
4. He was not a pedophile.

I know there are more, but those are the ones that stick out at me right now.

That part burns me the most. The man is dead, You killed him. You sliced him up and killed him brutally. You need to slander him? To make people hate him? It just shows how evil she is. More than I have ever seen. Her and Manson. It is all I got. Her and Manson.

I can not wait to see how Juan handles the rest of his prosecution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back