802 users online (115 members and 687 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Bonnie Franklin, single mom Ann Romano on 'One Day at a Time,' dead at 69

The Associated Press ‏@AP
    BREAKING: Bonnie Franklin, single mom on "One Day At a Time," has died -BW
    Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters
    CBS Network says actress Bonnie Franklin, best known for her role on the comedy "One Day at a Time," has died from cancer at age 69
    Actress Bonnie Franklin Dies at 69 (Hollywood Reporter)

Aw... I spent many a night watching her and the girls on ODAAT. Great show and really pushed the envelope in its day.

Sad RIP
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

aaww i loved that show when i was younger. RIP Bonnie.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

RIP Bonnie.

Unhappy

I am sorry to hear this. RIP Bonnie.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Bonnie Franklin, 'One Day At a Time' star, dies

Bonnie Franklin died Friday due to complications from pancreatic cancer

Published On: Mar 01 2013 01:27:12 PM EST Updated On: Mar 01 2013 01:32:10 PM EST

NEW YORK -
    Bonnie Franklin, the pert, redheaded actress whom millions came to identify with for her role as divorced mom Ann Romano on the long-running sitcom "One Day at a Time," has died.

She died Friday at her home due to complications from pancreatic cancer, family members said in a statement. She was 69. Her family had announced she was diagnosed with cancer in September.

Franklin was a veteran stage and television performer before "One Day At a Time" made her a star.

Developed by Norman Lear and co-created by Whitney Blake -- herself a former sitcom star and single mother raising future actress Meredith Baxter -- the series was groundbreaking for its focus on a young divorced mother seeking independence from a suffocating marriage.

It premiered on CBS in December 1975, just five years after the network had balked at having Mary Tyler Moore play a divorcee on her own comedy series, insisting that newly single Mary Richards be portrayed as having ended her engagement instead...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/entert...z/-/index.html

Although for only one year, I attended Beverly when Bonnie Franklin held a high student body office. (I'd have to dig out my old Watchtower from the garage to say which office it was, but it was clearly at the top.)

Bonnie was always friendly to everyone, and never without a smile on her face. She enabled me to feel welcome at BHHS as a transfer student and for that alone, I salute her.

Along with others, I enjoyed her performances and most especially on ODAAT, but I add this post just to tell how her star shone years before and has glowed for me ever since.

R.I.P. Bonnie

R.I.P Bonnie. She always seemed like such a warm, bright, funny person.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

As a 15 year old I wasn't familiar with divorce - none of my friends parents were divorced either. To see her show where a woman could be a single parent just blew my mind. RIP Bonnie.
    There is Good Grief. Just ask Charlie Brown.