1289 users online (201 members and 1088 guests)  

Websleuths News

Massachusetts Woman, Sues FedEx Over Botched Marijuana Delivery

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=business

the company mistakenly sent her a package containing seven pounds of marijuana, then gave her address to the intended recipients, who later showed up at her door.

pretty sure I would be a bit irritated if the company gave my name out to potential drug dealers whose package the company had inadvertently delivered to me by mistake.

Egads.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Wait, hold on. Fedex delivers marijuana?! You learn something new every day

I'm all for legalization, but I'm not sure why (or "if" might be better, according to all the comments on this article) FedEx gave out her address instead of redelivering the mistaken package. And was it addressed to her, or to the intended recipients? If it was addressed to them, why open it? I mean, opening someone else's mail is a crime in and of itself, anyways.

Tobin said she thought the package was a birthday present for her daughter, because when she opened it, she found candles, pixie sticks and peppermint. There was also something she thought was potpourri, but it was marijuana.

Tobin said that about an hour later, a man knocked on her door looking for the package, while two men sat in a vehicle in her driveway, waiting. She said she didn't have it, and bolted and slammed the door. Tobin claims FedEx gave out her address, which led the men to her home.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=business

sorry but I find it so cute that she thought the weed was potpourri.

Because not everyone likes having drug users show up on their front doorstep, Tobin called police, and arrests were made. Now, though, Tobin says she's scared the pot owners will target her in retribution.
    http://now.msn.com/maryangela-tobin-...o-drug-dealers

But the vacuum packed bags beneath were narcotics and Plymouth police called the company to flag the package saying the recipient could be a risk. But an hour later, Tobin says a man was knocking at her front door looking for the package, with two other men sitting in a vehicle in her driveway. She says FedEx gave away her address, and led the suspected dealers to her house
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/02/2...o-to-her-home/
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I used to know someone who was involved in things like this. What they do is address it to a vacant house or a house where people work during the day, then go park down the street and wait for the Fed Ex guy, and grab the package after it was left on the porch. If the marijuana is found during shipping, the false address traces back to no one involved.
    I'm not so sure that Fed Ex gave them her address, they might have already known where it was supposed to be delivered, maybe even been watching her house waiting for it.

Yeah, or they probably saw where it was delivered on fedex.com. Track your package and all that.....I wonder if it was addresses to her. Never thought about that OceanEyes but that would work nearly 99% of the time.
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    BBM. Not sure if that applies to Fed Ex and UPS deliveries; just the USPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerina View Post
    Wait, hold on. Fedex delivers marijuana?! You learn something new every day

I'm all for legalization, but I'm not sure why (or "if" might be better, according to all the comments on this article) FedEx gave out her address instead of redelivering the mistaken package. And was it addressed to her, or to the intended recipients? If it was addressed to them, why open it? I mean, opening someone else's mail is a crime in and of itself, anyways.
    " When ever you find yourself on the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

If I were Tobin, I will call the police and throw away the drugs immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola2013 View Post
    If I were Tobin, I will call the police and throw away the drugs immediately.
    No you don't throw them away. You call the police and save the evidence to give them.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight