Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25

thread #26

thread #27

Thread #28

thread #29

thread #31

Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35
Thread #36
Thread #37
Thread #38
Thread #39
Thread #40

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Official Facebook Page

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

We can discuss our speculation based on facts, we cannot post out and out rumors. You can not speculate on something that is not known thru the media and or law enforcement.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

Folks, we have allowed the discussion of Dylan's father in this case because there are a lot of questions surrounding Dylan's disappearance and he was the last person known to see him prior to his disappeance.

We do not know what happened to Dylan or who is responsible. It is not a foregone conclusion that MR is responsible for the disappearance of his son.

We are web sleuths and as web sleuths, we'd like to see any and all possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan discussed here. Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

Please carry on and let's do what we do best.

Thank you.

Okay Guys - listen up! The last thread was going off the rails with the ranting about MR. Knock it off. If you just want to gripe - don't post it. Do NOT call names and do not use name variations (such as idiot or bad *advertiser censored*). Do NOT put words in his mouth.

The mods understand that frustration is high but you need to put this in prespective. While things look hinky, LE has not named MR a POI or a Suspect and LE has a lot more information than we do. MR is still a parent and as such, until LE or MSM tell us different, he is entitled to some respect here.

Discuss his comments, discuss contradictions if you see them, but leave the ranting off the thread please.

As always, if you have questions, pm a mod.

Thanks,

Salem

The problem I see with MR disappearing Dylan and handing him off to someone else......is MR has come off as so unlikeable, who in their right mind with either have the loyalty to do something like this for MR, risking their own freedom, or MR would have to have a load of money to pay someone unscrupulous to take that type of a job of hiding a 13 year old kid and pretty much babysitting him to make sure he didn't get away. I just don't see it. Harly anyone has come forward on MR's behalf in any way, and those who have have come under ridicule so I don't see anyone liking him enough to be an accomplice to something illegal like this. IMO

Still praying for DYLAN AND all those who love him that he will be found and brought home without the assistance of those involved..because IMO that assistance will never happen no matter what strategy is used.

The problem I see with MR disappearing Dylan and handing him off to someone else......is MR has come off as so unlikeable, who in their right mind with either have the loyalty to do something like this for MR, risking their own freedom, or MR would have to have a load of money to pay someone unscrupulous to take that type of a job of hiding a 13 year old kid and pretty much babysitting him to make sure he didn't get away. I just don't see it. Harly anyone has come forward on MR's behalf in any way, and those who have have come under ridicule so I don't see anyone liking him enough to be an accomplice to something illegal like this. IMO

exactly..IMO there is no one who helped Mark Redwine.

Brought this over from the end of the last ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YidArmyRach
One thing I would add about the favoured idea of MR doing something bad to Dylan on the Sunday night - why would he text Elaine to ask if she'd heard from Dylan that day? That would obviously set in the motion the missing person report and investigation? Wouldn't someone in that situation try to buy some time by not alerting people to the fact DR was missing so early into the visit? He must have really been confident he'd covered his tracks if he was happy to have LE snooping around within 24 hours of Dylan going off the radar? All just MOO.
SBM

Don't know that it's favored, per se?

IF Mark harmed Dylan Sunday night, he had time from that evening until 4:30 the next day, Monday. So, in that scenario, he'd already bought a lot of time. And it couldn't be too far removed from the supposed alibi window created by supposedly leaving Dylan alone during errands, ie it'd look even more suspicious if he'd waited to contact her until Tues morning. As it was, Dylan was reported missing as darkness fell, so buying more time.

Moo

If Dylan had not been making plans all sunday for sunday night and switched it for monday morning, someone would have had more time to ' wait ' to text ER and set things into motion. There was a deadline because Dylans' friends KNOW he did not show up on Monday morning and they were texting him and looking for him. So it was only a matter of time before someone else mentioned him missing. Were it not for the plans with his friends, in theory, it could have been 7 days before a report was made.
JmmmoooooATJ!

The "Mark is hiding Dylan" theory never worked for me but when you point out the fact that who in the world would like him enough to help him commit a crime like that pretty much seals it for me.

I have been saying all along that only someone who loved MR a lot, or who was being paid a lot, would help in what is long prison-term earning act. And I would be surprised if he has access to either, at least not so they cannot be uncovered by FBI, etc.

Brought this over from the end of the last ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YidArmyRach
One thing I would add about the favoured idea of MR doing something bad to Dylan on the Sunday night - why would he text Elaine to ask if she'd heard from Dylan that day? That would obviously set in the motion the missing person report and investigation? Wouldn't someone in that situation try to buy some time by not alerting people to the fact DR was missing so early into the visit? He must have really been confident he'd covered his tracks if he was happy to have LE snooping around within 24 hours of Dylan going off the radar? All just MOO.
SBM

Don't know that it's favored, per se?

IF Mark harmed Dylan Sunday night, he had time from that evening until 4:30 the next day, Monday. So, in that scenario, he'd already bought a lot of time. And it couldn't be too far removed from the supposed alibi window created by supposedly leaving Dylan alone during errands, ie it'd look even more suspicious if he'd waited to contact her until Tues morning. As it was, Dylan was reported missing as darkness fell, so buying more time.

Moo

If Dylan had not been making plans all sunday for sunday night and switched it for monday morning, someone would have had more time to ' wait ' to text ER and set things into motion. There was a deadline because Dylans' friends KNOW he did not show up on Monday morning and they were texting him and looking for him. So it was only a matter of time before someone else mentioned him missing. Were it not for the plans with his friends, in theory, it could have been 7 days before a report was made.
JmmmoooooATJ!

So why not use Dylan's phone to change the Monday plans? They'd been switched once already, so it wouldn't be totally suspicious if they got changed again.

Or to put MR in the clear - a text to say "my dad has just had to go out, he's giving me a lift later but I'm going to hitch".

So why not use Dylan's phone to change the Monday plans? They'd been switched once already, so it wouldn't be totally suspicious if they got changed again.

Or to put MR in the clear - a text to say "my dad has just had to go out, he's giving me a lift later but I'm going to hitch".

Maybe because the phone is in the lake!

With the HRD dog hits on the east side of the lake, would it be safe to assume that the marina on the lake closes for the winter? I noticed on their website that they have two different phone numbers for winter/summer.

http://docsmarina.com/

The address is 14810 CR501 and from google maps it looks like a great place to get access out into the lake...

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=14810+...Plata,+Colorado+81122,+United+States&t=h&z=17

And from the picture of the Vida Cafe on google maps it does appear to be closed in the winter. Would they bring those docks in? And would all the boats be stored in that parking lot? Looks like good place to drive into in the dark and remain undetected.

MOO

Are we sure MR doesn't have a secret underground room at his home?

Likely because the phone is wherever Dylan is and was no longer accessible to Mr. Redwine by the time that his senses cleared (not that he has many of those anyway) to think of a detailed story to cover-up his actions. We're dealing w/an individual here who clearly allows his emotions (those that he truly has, unlike when speaking of finding Dylan for example) to get the better of him. Additionally, he is not an evil genius.

ETA: Also, who here thinks that Mark Redwine could convincingly mimic a text written by Dylan? For Christ's sake, he can't seem to put 3 intelligent words together when he speaks.

Well that is actually a very good idea, but honestly there are just a few things "wrong" with it, in my opinion.

1.) I don't think that MR would have been operating on all cylanders, so to speak. I'm thinking he got ride of Dylan and the phone the evening before.
2.) We have never learned the context of the text at 9:38 or to whom it was sent. That may have very well been a change of plans, just not to R.

But in all actuality, I think your plan is so good that MR is probably wishing he had done that now! I honestly think he did whatever he did the night before and panicked and got rid of Dylan and all of his things. At that point, he may not have even figured out what his plan was.

I honestly am not convinced that Mark planned to kill Dylan that night. I think he would have planned it better. I honestly think there was an altercation and he lost his mind and killed him. But he is still trying to stay out of prison.

Are we sure MR doesn't have a secret underground room at his home?

I'm pretty sure something like that would have been noticed when the fire broke out and he had to have the house redone.

Likely because the phone is wherever Dylan is and was no longer accessible to Mr. Redwine by the time that his senses cleared (not that he has many of those anyway) to think of a detailed story to cover-up his actions. We're dealing w/an individual here who clearly allows his emotions (those that he truly has, unlike when speaking of finding Dylan for example) to get the better of him. Additionally, he is not an evil genius.

ETA: Also, who here thinks that Mark Redwine could convincingly mimic a text written by Dylan? For Christ's sake, he can't seem to put 3 intelligent words together when he speaks.

BBM-I wouldn't be at all surprised if an awkwardly put together text at 9:38 wasn't sent out and perhaps that is why it has been kept under wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123