688 users online (85 members and 603 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MI - Trent Henckel, 13, Metamora, 1 March 2013

TRENT HENCKEL, Age Now: 13, Missing: 03/01/2013. Missing From METAMORA, MI. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Lapeer County Sheriff's Office (Michigan) 1-810-667-0292.

More...

Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-02-2013 at 10:42 AM.

To: <redacted>
    Sent: Saturday, March 2, 2013 9:36 AM
    Subject: Missing Child Poster Partner Recovery - Michigan

Dear Poster Partner:
    It is with great sadness and deep regret that we notify you that Trent Henckel missing from Metamora, MI, has been located deceased. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.
    Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.
    We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families and look forward to your continued support.
    Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
    Visit our web site at www.missingkids.com.

I never even heard about this missing child and they've found him deceased? I can't even find a news report. How awful for his family, and evidently he was an accomplished wrestler at such a young age.

R.I.P. Trent
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Does anybody know anything about this???

Something is really off about this---I have been to many places on the web where there should be some kind of information about this child and there is none. I am actually hoping this was a hoax and this boy is alive and well.

This is Trent's Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/trent.henckel?ref=ts&fref=ts His dad(?) accessed it and posted looking for him last night
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

Does anyone know any details of what happened to the boy? Accident? Suicide? Killed? I take my dog to therapy dog classes every Monday night in Metamora and don't get out until nearly 9 p.m. Its a very tiny town and if you blink you will miss it. There are really no businesses around except for a little dollar store and a couple of small places that close before dark. Its out in the boondocks, nothing within walking distance. Its close to a state park that's deserted this time of year. To me, its dark and scary out there when I go to class.

On the ch 12 TV news site it said he went missing at 3:45 p.m. on Friday. People posted that there were police and helicopters searching during the night and that at midnight he was still missing. Then someone posted that he was found and the news was not good. Then his missing information seems to have been pulled from just about everywhere and nothing more was said about him. I noticed that he was active in wrestling. I wonder why its all being kept so quiet and there is no mention of how he died or where he was found.

On the Lapeer police page a woman whose husband was in the search party said it was a suicide.

Oh, how sad.
    Joey: Yeah. It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's MOO".

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    On the Lapeer police page a woman whose husband was in the search party said it was a suicide.
    At 13?! Heartbreaking. RIP Trent. My heart hurts for his family right now.

He went to a school near me and i heard that he ran away and died of hypothermia.

One of his wrestling teammates says Trent shot himself. There are some nice comments from friends as well, although one refers to wishing he could "change the past" for him.

I'm guessing the silence may be because he was found quickly - we see so many on here and reports don't get out for a week or more - but perhaps also because his family don't want it out there. Suicide is a difficult thing for a family. The message on his FB asking for info has now gone and no comment regarding his being found made.

One of his schoolfriends is requesting people wear orange for Trent tomorrow. He seemed like a sweet, funny kid; whatever was haunting him I hope he's at peace now. Condolences to his family.
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer View Post
    One of his wrestling teammates says Trent shot himself. There are some nice comments from friends as well, although one refers to wishing he could "change the past" for him.

I'm guessing the silence may be because he was found quickly - we see so many on here and reports don't get out for a week or more - but perhaps also because his family don't want it out there. Suicide is a difficult thing for a family. The message on his FB asking for info has now gone and no comment regarding his being found made.

One of his schoolfriends is requesting people wear orange for Trent tomorrow. He seemed like a sweet, funny kid; whatever was haunting him I hope he's at peace now. Condolences to his family.
    What a tragedy. I was hoping it was a hoax because my mind didn't want to go there. This poor little guy.

RIP Mr. Trent

Trent wasn't just a good wrestler, he was a stud! Top 15 middle school wrestlers in the country!! My boys wrestle and are in the throes of state right now. It takes tremendous effort and is very emotional. I hope the stress didn't get to him. I also noted on his FB he said something about missing when he was together with someone. Wondering if it was a broken heart.

One of mine is his age and my heart breaks for his family and friends. This really hits home. RIP Trent
    Everything I post without a supporting link is always JMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast