1194 users online (219 members and 975 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 157
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,070

    LA - Crystal Dupuis Grebinger, 32, Lafayette, 8 February 2013

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362253209.057533.jpg
    If you know anything about Grebinger's whereabouts you are asked to call the Lafayette Sheriff's Office at 337-291-8600 or the Lafayette FBI at 337-233-2164

    http://www.katc.com/news/lafayette-p...oman/?fullsite

    Very short article with very little info from the article, I can't even tell if Crystal is from Lafayette or was just last seen there. She appears to have been missing for 3 weeks now.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,070
    Local news FB page-
    https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

    Comments under Crystal's link have a few more bits if information.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,244
    It looks like she's at least originally from Acadiana area with Dupuis as her middle/maiden name. I'm from this area, and this a very common family name. There has been no mention until today on MSM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Laffy
    Posts
    1,774
    Hey y'all ... Lafayette resident here ... I'm seriously wondering why this woman's disappearance is just now being made public?? I'm a big fan of Lafayette LE but to risk 3 weeks of lead time before going public just does not make sense to me. Especially in a case where the woman is in a "separation" phase of her marriage which we are all aware can SOMETIMES be a dangerous phase if there is volatility in the relationship already.

    There has been very little information released about this missing persons case. It's a bit worrisome since it hasn't been that long since Mickey Shunick's abduction and murder . I hope this is strictly some sort of marriage/divorce issue (and that Crystal is safe somewhere) and that we don't have another psycho on the loose here in Lafayette!!!
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by mahmoo View Post
    Hey y'all ... Lafayette resident here ... I'm seriously wondering why this woman's disappearance is just now being made public?? I'm a big fan of Lafayette LE but to risk 3 weeks of lead time before going public just does not make sense to me. Especially in a case where the woman is in a "separation" phase of her marriage which we are all aware can SOMETIMES be a dangerous phase if there is volatility in the relationship already.

    There has been very little information released about this missing persons case. It's a bit worrisome since it hasn't been that long since Mickey Shunick's abduction and murder . I hope this is strictly some sort of marriage/divorce issue (and that Crystal is safe somewhere) and that we don't have another psycho on the loose here in Lafayette!!!
    I think part of it was her last known location which was a women's shelter according to FB comments on KATC I linked up thread. Maybe her family didn't realize she was no longer at the shelter? I hope that's the case more than I hope the public just wasn't notified until 3 weeks later.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Teche View Post
    It looks like she's at least originally from Acadiana area with Dupuis as her middle/maiden name. I'm from this area, and this a very common family name. There has been no mention until today on MSM.
    I think she is from Breaux Bridge. I'm almost positive we went to HS together in the end 90's.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Laffy
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastKAT View Post
    I think she is from Breaux Bridge. I'm almost positive we went to HS together in the end 90's.
    Wow GCK ... small world huh?

    ETA: so I wouldn't have to make a new post ... if she 'supposedly' left from a woman's shelter, were there ANY cameras in the area she could have been caught on??? We need more info from LE if they want the public's help.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,244
    Mahmoo, I guess your 'name' is a play the little town that has Fred's Lounge.
    I hope the family contacts the Mickey Shunick organization to get info help.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by mahmoo View Post
    Wow GCK ... small world huh?

    ETA: so I wouldn't have to make a new post ... if she 'supposedly' left from a woman's shelter, were there ANY cameras in the area she could have been caught on??? We need more info from LE if they want the public's help.
    Yes! Where is Cpl Paul Mouton when we need info? Hopefully we will see him soon with details and info about Crystal.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Laffy
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Teche View Post
    Mahmoo, I guess your 'name' is a play the little town that has Fred's Lounge.
    I hope the family contacts the Mickey Shunick organization to get info help.
    I know you'd think that huh lol. As fate would have it, the nick comes from my youngest (for some reason) during her "tender years" calling me mahmoo rather than mom, momma, mommy and referring to her dad as dadoo!!! The stars were aligned and the timing was just right I guess when I signed up on Websleuths ... first nickname I thought of was mahmoo roflmao. Lawd ... wish I had a dollar for every time I've wished I would have signed up with a different nickname lol.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by mahmoo View Post
    I know you'd think that huh lol. As fate would have it, the nick comes from my youngest (for some reason) during her "tender years" calling me mahmoo rather than mom, momma, mommy and referring to her dad as dadoo!!! The stars were aligned and the timing was just right I guess when I signed up on Websleuths ... first nickname I thought of was mahmoo roflmao. Lawd ... wish I had a dollar for every time I've wished I would have signed up with a different nickname lol.
    I like it. I like the story of the name and I like the small town with Fred's lounge. I was born there. I've lived in lots of small towns through out Acadiana and also in BR. I've lived in several that Bayou Teche runs through, too.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Laffy
    Posts
    1,774
    Not sure if this info is allowable mods? We consider bustedinacadiana MSM here though (sort of) lol. Delete if it's not kosher. bbm

    According to reports, she was seen February 8 in Lafayette, Louisiana.
    Grebinger last post, dated February 3rd on her Facebook page indicated she was, learning to live happy being independent.
    Her favorite quotation on Facebook states, I am blessed to have four great beautiful and loving children and I am living life independent and strong. Still sassy, sexy, and currently out of a long 16year marriage !
    Source
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    red stick
    Posts
    880
    I really want a press conference or something. The family seems argumentative on Facebook. Frustrating to say the least. She had just set up a new Facebook. Was tryin to start a new life. I know we can't sleuth people not named in msm but seems she was trying to get away.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    red stick
    Posts
    880
    Mahmoo and gck, haven't seen y'all since Mickey. Hope y'all are both well.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by megmono View Post
    Mahmoo and gck, haven't seen y'all since Mickey. Hope y'all are both well.
    I've been good. Been around trying to help on a few other cases.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast