Dateline: "Along Came Jodi"

Watched this last night. Pretty good (not alot new) since most of us know this case inside/out and upside/down :)

MOO

Mel

Jodi really was very pretty and fresh looking when she was younger.

Jodi really was very pretty and fresh looking when she was younger.
. And still lies...lies like those and her lifestyle would have aged me terribly. My mom could tell if i was thinking about lying to her.

I missed the first part of this last night, so I'm watching it again. I did not realize there were other non-murder related pictures on the camera, but apparently so according to Shanna Hogan.

It also seems that ALL of the murder day pictures were deleted, and that was never clear to me before now.

I saw it last night and I wasn't impressed. I fell asleep during the second half on Oscar Pistorius. Keith Morrison is a better storyteller than Josh M., and although they interviewed a couple of different people- a childhood friend of Jodi's (who obviously didn't know her very well, other than to say she had poor taste in men), and Donovan- who is now claiming Jodi expects life in Prison, not much else was new. Dave Hall didn't talk about the guns, only that Jodi was faking being a Mormon, and because she obviously corrupted Travis with sex, he never would have considered her marriage material. I did learn one new thing- Travis had gone to the bishop to begin repentance to try to get back to being temple worthy.:twocents:

I wonder about her childhood friend who views JA as a victim and chooser of bad men. Arias has shown on the stand that she is as tough as nails. moo

I missed the first part of this last night, so I'm watching it again. I did not realize there were other non-murder related pictures on the camera, but apparently so according to Shanna Hogan.

It also seems that ALL of the murder day pictures were deleted, and that was never clear to me before now.
I caught that too! Also her belief that the water helped drag his body :(

Most journalists I've talked to go to Shana for details on this case...she knows everything!

I also thought Jodi's childhood friend seemed wasted on something.

Does anyone know what Shana was talking about when she described a crime scene photo of Travis in the shower with his arm behind his head?

The way she described it made me easily envision how Jodi just dragged him in there, and pulled him up against the wall using his right arm. If she was in a rush, it would make sense that his arm would have fallen back behind his head.

I caught that about other pics on the camera, and thought she said one with Travis on his bike. Did I really hear that?

It was an informative show and balanced to some extent.

I watched this Dateline and it held my attention since I haven't followed the case too closely and wanted to learn more.

This is just a picky little point that has occurred to me, but I'm not wild about the title they gave this Dateline story. Jodi did come along, all right, into Travis' life, but the phrase sounds so benign and almost perky.

"Along Came Jodi" could be a play on the title of the old Coasters' song "Along Came Jones", which a quick google reveals was a bouncy song with pretty violent lyrics actually lol but Jones was the guy who saved the day. Anyway, it's easy to be a critic...not sure what I would have titled the Dateline piece. Something that sounded a little less airy, though, for sure, since what we were seeing was the story of a woman accused of basically butchering another human being.

One of the things from the show that stood out to me was the explanation about Travis turning 30, and the changes within his church social groups that occur at age 30.

The narrator explained that within church districts (wards), members were divided into groups for socializing and church activities. The "single adult" group is made up of single adults below age 30, and that Travis would have been expected to stop socializing with the single adults when he turned 30. He would have been expected to move into a different demographic group (though I'm not sure if it would have been single adults over 30, or include married couples). The narrator went on to say that Travis would have been somewhat restricted from socializing with pretty 20-something women in his ward after he turned 30.

The narrator seemed to think that this milestone of turning 30 was a significant birthday in the Mormon faith/ church, and that the impending birthday accelerated Travis' search for a "proper" Mormon wife. Which may have accelerated him attempting to break it off with Jodi.

I also heard for the first time that Travis sought out counseling from the local bishop for his relationship with Jodi. That was interesting. If true, I wonder if he shared any of that with Jodi? It wouldn't have reflected well on their relationship, I suppose, and could have further angered Jodi if she felt she was "disgraced" by that.

If there are any here who are Mormon, or who have more knowledge and insight into those comments, I'd be interested to know if they were accurate? Especially about turning 30 and the socializing groups in the church district.

I caught that too! Also her belief that the water helped drag his body :(

Most journalists I've talked to go to Shana for details on this case...she knows everything!

I'm not sure where the box of printer paper was, but it demonstrated "wicking' of what was theorized to be blood diluted with water, from what I've read in the past.

In my experience in the OR with puddles of blood, blood tends to pool, and clot (thickening and clotting quickly, if the patient has adequate clotting factors), but not really wick on cloth or paper drapes. Blood that is diluted with irrigation fluids or amniotic fluid, for example, tends to wick on cloth and paper drapes. So, it seems logical to me that the blood stain on the cardboard that "wicked" up the side may have been diluted with water. Was this box in Travis' closet?

I disagree that water would have made it any easier to drag the body, though. If there was a substantial amount of water on the floor, my thought is that it was either intentionally put there to dilute blood (though for what purpose, I can't imagine, as the whole place was spattered in blood), or unintentionally if the shower was turned on with the door open (and Travis' body inside).

I also heard for the first time that Travis sought out counseling from the local bishop for his relationship with Jodi. That was interesting. If true, I wonder if he shared any of that with Jodi? It wouldn't have reflected well on their relationship, I suppose, and could have further angered Jodi if she felt she was "disgraced" by that.

Wow...from what we 'know' (ok, assume) about Jodi's personality disorders this would have TOTALLY infuriated her!

"REPUTATION DEFENDING/ NARCISSISTIC SOCIOPATH, PSYCHOPATH, ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY TYPE:

Defends his reputation of unflawed, the one with courage, unbreakable, dominant, undefeatable, formidable, untouchable; furious/relentless when status in question, overreacts to little things."​

Also, I have heard it mentioned before, but I am wondering if possibly Jodi could have targeted Travis...two scenarios are possible, either:

A) She was already considering getting involved with PPL and learned of Travis through other PPL people and became obsessed with meeting him and went to Vegas with intentions to 'coincidentally' meet him

Or, (this is what I think)

B) She could have seen Travis on MySpace and got obsessed with him and schemed to meet him by getting involved with things he was involved with...for example she could have seen that he was going to be in Vegas. So she contacted other PPL people pretending to be interested, etc.. She could then go to Vegas to "check things out a little more" with the ulterior motive of actually 'coincidentally' running into Travis.​

I think this scenario is possible because i have read that sociopaths will target their victims (there are no "coincidents" with sociopaths), and from how she says she met her other boyfriends it seems totally possible;

-boyfriend #1 met at the Fair, and after that just 'happened' to be somewhere he was and reintroduced herself as "the girl from the fair". (Was his suicide ever investigated?)

-boyfriend #2, Matt McCartney, met while visiting friends in Oregon. She could have already know about Matt and went to visit her friends with intentions of hooking up with Matt.

-boyfriend #3, Darryl. We know that when Jodi first started working at Ventanas Daryl was still married. Darryl probably isn't even aware of being subtly seduced by Jodi. And maybe this subtle seduction could have contributed to his discontent with his marriage and the reasons for his divorce.​

Here is an article on how sociopaths target their victims;

http://www.sociopathworld.com/2010/09/how-sociopath-target-their-victims.html

Donovan says JA expects life in prison, but the guy who has been visiting her in jail (the one who is always on NG and JVM) says that Jodi thinks it will be a mistrial! He said so much on Wednesday I believe.

I watched this Dateline and it held my attention since I haven't followed the case too closely and wanted to learn more.

This is just a picky little point that has occurred to me, but I'm not wild about the title they gave this Dateline story. Jodi did come along, all right, into Travis' life, but the phrase sounds so benign and almost perky.

"Along Came Jodi" could be a play on the title of the old Coasters' song "Along Came Jones", which a quick google reveals was a bouncy song with pretty violent lyrics actually lol but Jones was the guy who saved the day. Anyway, it's easy to be a critic...not sure what I would have titled the Dateline piece. Something that sounded a little less airy, though, for sure, since what we were seeing was the story of a woman accused of basically butchering another human being.

I don't know. Along Came Jodi had me thinking of "Along came a Spider" and didn't conger up happy or perky feelings for me.

The "Along came Jodi" title comes from what one of TA's friend on the show.

I saw it last night and I wasn't impressed. I fell asleep during the second half on Oscar Pistorius. Keith Morrison is a better storyteller than Josh M., and although they interviewed a couple of different people- a childhood friend of Jodi's (who obviously didn't know her very well, other than to say she had poor taste in men), and Donovan- who is now claiming Jodi expects life in Prison, not much else was new. Dave Hall didn't talk about the guns, only that Jodi was faking being a Mormon, and because she obviously corrupted Travis with sex, he never would have considered her marriage material. I did learn one new thing- Travis had gone to the bishop to begin repentance to try to get back to being temple worthy.:twocents:

I had to scoff when she suggested that JA lowered her standards for Travis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back