GUILTY NY - Nathan & Raizy Glauber, both 21, & baby die in Brooklyn crash, 3 March 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Expectant parents die in NY crash; baby survives (AP)
NEW YORK (AP) — A young Jewish Orthodox couple en route to a hospital to have their first child were killed in a car crash early Sunday, but their child survived.

Nathan and Raizy Glauber, both 21, were using a car service to go to the hospital when another vehicle crashed into the side of theirs at an intersection in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, said Hasidic community activist Isaac Abraham. Nathan Glauber was pronounced dead at Beth Israel Hospital, while his wife died at Bellevue, police said.

The couple's son was delivered at the scene and was taken to a hospital in serious condition, said Abraham, who is also a neighbor of Raizy Glauber's parents and lives two blocks from the scene of the crash.
---
more at the link

A picture of the couple: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/03/article-2287360-18691C97000005DC-21_634x821.jpg

So young in the wedding photo. Very sad. I hope the baby will be okay.

So sorry for this loss to their family and their community. Hope the baby will be ok and a blessing to all.

http://news.yahoo.com/expectant-parents-die-ny-crash-infant-survives-144618750.html

"You don't meet anyone better than him," said his cousin. "He was always doing favors for everyone."

She said Nachman's mother herself just delivered a baby two weeks ago.

"I've never seen a mother-son relationship like this," Sara Glauber said. "He called her every day to make sure everything was OK. He was the sweetest, most charming human being, always with a smile on his face."

She added that, of him and his bride, "if one had to go, the other had to go too because they really were one soul."

I was struck by the fact that the deceased husbands mother had just had a child 2 weeks ago. Perhaps his parents will get custody of their new grandchild and raise him alongside their own new child. They are only 2 weeks apart in age.

I hope the hit and run driver is found and held accountable for this incredible tragedy. The victims were such a beautiful and loving young couple about to embark on the incredible experience of being first time parents and neither lived to see the new life that they had brought into this world. Unbelievably sad.

I wasn't going to even oprn this thread again. Too tragic. But I did and now it's even worse. Surely the police should have been able to identify the killers by now. They have the car.

Since BMW was left at the scene, how hard can it be to find its driver? If the owner of the car wasn't driving it, surely he has to know who had his car?

So the police are searching far and wide but most articles do NOT have a description of the couple? Has a description been printed anywhere?

Could it have been a stolen vehicle? So tragic.

No, not a stolen vehicle. Apparently they know who this guy is but can not find him. Isn't it time to release description and name, then? By the way, I am still not sure who exactly is at fault for this accident.
Not the dead couple obivously (since they were not driving).
But how did this accident happen, exactly?

One of the articles clearly stated (no link) that the taxi was stopped at a light. The BMW was travelling at a high rate of speed. No question who's fault it is.

One comment I read said they probably took off because they were drunk or high.

The whole story is disgusting! That they could do this! I'm Jewish...but hardly a very religious one.

One of the articles clearly stated (no link) that the taxi was stopped at a light. The BMW was travelling at a high rate of speed. No question who's fault it is.

Also says the cabs engine went INTO the backseat, does that mean a head on collision? Most of those taxi's are retired police cars, not sure if this one was but wow...putting the engine into the backseat? If they get hit from behind they have a tendency to blow up in a fireball (like the crash with the taxi in Las Vegas) but never heard about the engine thing (I drive a retired cop car so stay aware of issues like that).

The engine of the livery car ended up in the backseat, where Raizy Glauber, who was seven months pregnant, was sitting before she was ejected, Abraham said. Her body landed under a parked tractor-trailer, said witnesses who raced to the scene after the crash. Nachman Glauber was pinned in the car, and emergency workers had to cut off the roof to get him out, witnesses said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/0...-that-killed-expectant-parents/#ixzz2MamiuI9n

NYPD seeks suspect in death of expectant parents

By COLLEEN LONG and VERENA DOBNIK, AP
34 minutes ago

NEW YORK — Police have identified a suspect being sought in the hit-and-run deaths of a pregnant woman and her husband whose baby died on Monday, a day after the Brooklyn car crash.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said police are looking for 44-year-old Julio Acevedo, who had a DWI arrest in February. Acevedo was going at least 60 mph when the car slammed into the cab carrying the couple to a hospital, police said.

The newborn boy, delivered after the crash, died early Monday, according to Isaac Abraham, who serves as a spokesman for the family's Orthodox Jewish community.

"We in the community are demanding that the prosecutor charge the driver of BMW that caused the death of this couple and infant ... with triple homicide," Abraham said in a statement. "This coward left the scene of the accident not even bothering to check on the people of the other car"...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130303/US.Expectant.Parents.Killed/

From BBC News:

But community spokesman Isaac Abraham said the newborn died at 05:30 local time (10:30 GMT) on Monday.

He told CBS News that the couple had a baby boy, who weighed about 4lb (1.8kg).

"If he would have stayed alive, he would have been in memory and a little reminder to the grandparents of his parents," he said. "And now that little boy has been torn away as well."

:cry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back