Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95070]Threadiquette - Questions about rules welcome here[/ame]

Name Variations and Name calling
Please do not alter the names of anyone discussed in this case, except appropriate abbreviations.Derogatory name changes, or any kind of name change is not acceptable.
Name calling is not allowed.

If you have any questions about what is ok to post, please ask, you can check at the bottom of the page for a Mod on this particlular forum, we are all happy to help out and answer your questions. Glad to have you all here!!!

We are going to utilize this thread for questions and concerns - mainly in the Allison Baden-Clay thread, but if you have other concerns you'd like to ask a mod about, feel free to jump in.

:tyou:

This thread will only be open when there is a mod that has time to monitor posts. If it is closed, check back later for when it is open again.

Cheers!

Just saw this after I posted, thank you.
Can you tell me about how we can be discussing people by name on forums, without any arrest being made or substantiated rumours, as far as defamation goes. I can't find a straight forward answer anywhere as it applies to Australia. Thanks in anticipation.

We can't answer as to the laws of Australia, but in the U.S., it is my understanding that yes, members could very well be subject to a defamation lawsuit if a party is damaged by words they write on a public forum. Members own their words, so we always encourage our members to use caution and post responsibly.

Thank you. I assumed that would be the case.

As this is an American forum...I wonder if this would be out of Australia's jurisdiction??

Would it be ok to ask Hawkins this question on main thread??

Hawkins is not a verified poster. Whatever you want to ask privately is up to you, but please do not consider any unverified poster to be a professional and post professional questions to them on the thread.

Here's the guidelines on becoming a professional poster on Websleuths:

If you would like to be verified as a professional poster, such as an insider/local, doctor, lawyer, chemist, or whatever your profession, then please do the following:
Email Websleuths at : wsverify@xmission.com
In your email please include:
*The case
*Your Websleuths name
*Your real name
*Your phone number and a good time to call
In the subject line put either the case you are interested in or the profession you wish to verify.

BTW, here's a link to our master list of professional posters:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126206"]Professional Posters & Verified Locals / Insiders *MAIN PAGE* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hi Kimster. Just wondering... if a poster asks if they were correct in thinking another poster had mentioned something a day or two ago etc... are we allowed to confirm that we also read that? It would be too hard for us all to remember exactly who posted what and what day... just curious as some have asked for links when we are only trying to confirm that, yes, a poster did say that. Thankyou for your help :)
PS: I mean the person asking for the link, isn't the person who asked someone to confirm it in the first place.

Hi Kimster. Just wondering... if a poster asks if they were correct in thinking another poster had mentioned something a day or two ago etc... are we allowed to confirm that we also read that? It would be too hard for us all to remember exactly who posted what and what day... just curious as some have asked for links when we are only trying to confirm that, yes, a poster did say that. Thankyou for your help :)
PS: I mean the person asking for the link, isn't the person who asked someone to confirm it in the first place.

It really is a good idea to find the post and link to it because I've seen in Allison's case on at least 3 occasions where someone said "XYZ" said something and then XYZ comes back and says "no, I didn't say it, UVW said it!"

What I do to find someone's post is click on their name in one of their posts and go to "Find All Posts by...." and then look for the post I want to discuss.

Thankyou Kimster. What if someone isn't asking WHO actually posted it, just that it was said? :) Sorry, I don't mean to be a menace.

Good morning!! :) This probably isn't the right place to ask this... but for some reason I can't use the delete post feature. I can do everything up until I click 'delete' then it does nothing. {the final 'delete', after you have clicked everything else.}It comes up on the bottom as "error on page". Just wondering if it might be a computer problem, or something that can be corrected on the site? Thankyou heaps!! :)

This is the perfect place to ask. :hug:

The delete feature only lasts for a certain period of time. After than, you need to alert the post you'd like deleted and the mods see if it's okay. The reason is that sometimes a deleted post can upset the information on the thread too much, but it doesn't' happen that often.

This is the perfect place to ask. :hug:

The delete feature only lasts for a certain period of time. After than, you need to alert the post you'd like deleted and the mods see if it's okay. The reason is that sometimes a deleted post can upset the information on the thread too much, but it doesn't' happen that often.

Thanks.. It's usually as soon as I have posted that I see someone has posted the same thing and I try to delete. So , within about 2 minutes from posting?

Good morning ... My question is about posts on closed threads can we repost into new threads if it is of interest to others for their comments

Good morning ... My question is about posts on closed threads can we repost into new threads if it is of interest to others for their comments

Hi Barram5,

Yes, you certainly can, as long as it is relevant to the thread you are posting in, and is not information/posts that have been unapproved in the past for TOS violations.

Hope this helps!
~Summer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah