1032 users online (152 members and 880 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    up north
    Posts
    30,200

    Elisa Lam - **LIST FACTS ONLY -- Non Discussion**

    Please post only known and verifiable (MSM or other official source) information here.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    Please post only known and verifiable (MSM or other official source) information here.
    Can I post this here? It's a timeline we've been working on based on LAPD press conferences and MSM reports that have used direct quotes. If not delete away or modify or whatever you need to do to have it fit within the forum guidelines

    Thanks

    • Arrived in LA from San Diego, Jan. 26th via LAPD
    • Checked in to Cecil Hotel Jan 28th, checkout scheduled for feb 1st via LAPD
    • Last seen in lobby Jan 31st via LAPD
    • Last phone contact with family Jan 31st via Vancouver Police
    • Katie Orphan owner of "THE LAST BOOKSTORE" recalls talking to Elisa on Jan 31st in her book store.
    • LAPD go public seek help in locating Feb 6th
    • LAPD release video of Elisa Feb 13th, the video is a security video showing one of the Hotel Cecil's 2 elevators. Video is circa Jan 31st to Feb 1st
    • Found in Water tank Hotel Cecil Feb 19th by hotel worker while investigating low water pressure in hotel
    Last edited by noodled1; 03-03-2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: update

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    582

    LAPD released info in LA Times

    Based on what has officially been shared by LAPD:

    - EL left home without her glasses.
    - LA was not part of her initial itinerary, and her parents did not know why she stopped there.
    - She did not have any medical or mental condition that police knew about.
    -All daily contact with her family ceased on Jan 31st.
    -Police have few leads. They have a tip line and said they could not search all rooms because they did not have any evidence of probable crime as of 2/20.
    -Coroner will not say whether there were visible marks or trauma on the body.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
    -Coroner will not say whether there were visible marks or trauma on the body.
    Here's a link to the 2/21/2013 L.A. Times article that says the above, that Ed Winter (coroner's office spokesperson) would not say whether there was any trauma: http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb...-body-20130222

    However, this Reuters article from the 22nd claims in their headline that there was no trauma based on what Ed Winter said: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91I1BY20130222. There is no direct quote in the article using those words, though. What Winter specifically said in the article was this: "They didn't find any bullet holes, they didn't find any stab wounds to my knowledge. So then you've got to go to the next step."

    He said coroner's investigators would conduct toxicology tests to establish if Lam was on any medication at the time of her death and if it was at therapeutic levels. Her organs will also be studied to determine if she suffered from any medical issues.

    "You see if in fact there were any heart issues, did she die of hypothermia, did she drown," said Winter. "Were her lungs filled with water?"

    Here's another direct quote that I also found (from 2/21):

    "We want to know such things such as was she drunk, was she killed before she ended up in the tank, and how did she get in the tank," Winter said. (Laist: http://laist.com/2013/02/21/elisa_la...t_more_tes.php )

    All of these are from after the initial autopsy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    31,275
    Guys, when posting facts, please include links to an acceptable source, such as MSM, LE or other authority website/publication.

    Also, the "Facts Only" thread is a non-discussion thread set up for reference purposes only. Mods will check for links, and if the "fact" can't be verified, the post will be removed.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by bessie; 03-04-2013 at 02:18 AM.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    It keeps changing!
    Posts
    1,160
    FACT:
    Cause of death as of 3-3-13 is undetermined.

    Also, she was not currently taking classes at the University of British Colombia, according to CNN (Just adding that because I know some people were speculating that she was skipping/taking a week off of school).

    http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/cal...l-water-corpse

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    31,275
    I've gone ahead and added the links to these posts.

    snipped

    Quote Originally Posted by noodled1 View Post

    • Arrived in LA from San Diego, Jan. 26th via LAPD
    • Checked in to Cecil Hotel Jan 28th, checkout scheduled for feb 1st via LAPD
    • Last seen in lobby Jan 31st via LAPD
    • Last phone contact with family Jan 31st via Vancouver Police
    • Katie Orphan owner of "THE LAST BOOKSTORE" recalls talking to Elisa on Jan 31st in her book store.
    • LAPD go public seek help in locating Feb 6th
    • LAPD release video of Elisa Feb 13th, the video is a security video showing one of the Hotel Cecil's 2 elevators. Video is circa Jan 31st to Feb 1st
    • Found in Water tank Hotel Cecil Feb 19th by hotel worker while investigating low water pressure in hotel
    http://laist.com/2013/02/08/search_c...ing_canadi.php

    http://www.globalmontreal.com/timeli...355/story.html

    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...22/cnr.12.html

    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=8998881

    Quote Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
    Based on what has officially been shared by LAPD:

    - EL left home without her glasses.
    - LA was not part of her initial itinerary, and her parents did not know why she stopped there.
    - She did not have any medical or mental condition that police knew about.

    A note on the glasses, this needs clarification. The reports indicate she was not wearing her glasses when last seen. I haven't located a source verifies the information.

    According to the Facebook page “Find Elisa Lam,” the Vancouver native does not have her glasses with her.


    According to the recently-established "Find Elisa Lam" Facebook page, Lam was last seen wearing a purple/blue t-shirt and black basketball shorts, and she was not wearing her glasses.
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/02/13/lapd-hoping-new-video-will-lead-to-missing-canadian-woman/


    http://laist.com/2013/02/11/lapd_rel...of_missing.php

    https://twitter.com/elton018/status/300534331225559040

    Quote Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
    -All daily contact with her family ceased on Jan 31st.
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=8983437

    Quote Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
    -Police have few leads. They have a tip line and said they could not search all rooms because they did not have any evidence of probable crime as of 2/20.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb...tower-20130220
    Last edited by bessie; 03-05-2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: added links
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by jennydreadful View Post
    Here's another direct quote that I also found (from 2/21):

    "We want to know such things such as was she drunk, was she killed before she ended up in the tank, and how did she get in the tank," Winter said. (Laist: http://laist.com/2013/02/21/elisa_la...t_more_tes.php )

    All of these are from after the initial autopsy.
    For some reason, my Laist link above isn't working correctly--sorry! This one should:
    http://laist.com/2013/02/21/elisa_la...t_more_tes.php

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    102
    A news report out of Vancouver on 2/25 states "Det. Tim Marcia says investigators have no reason to believe her death was because of foul play".

    It also quotes Det. Marcia as saying, "We've done a comprehensive investigation with interviewing everybody at the hotel".

    The news became distorted by others into 'LAPD rules out foul play', prompting LAPD to quickly issue a denial. No clarifications were made on what Det. Marcia actually said.

    http://www.cknw.com/news/vancouver/s...spx?ID=1897213

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    25
    According to examiner.com, Elisa Lam was staying on the 4th floor at the Cecil Hotel.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post

    A note on the glasses, this needs clarification. The reports indicate she was not wearing her glasses when last seen. I haven't located a source verifies the information.
    The link you provided connects to the site you have listed below it. This one works:

    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/...anadian-woman/

    Please note that the info on glasses was provided by a now defunct Find EL group, but I included it because it may still be pertinent to the case. I also read the statement to mean that she did not have her glasses with her at all. I don't see this as ambiguous, others disagree. I made a value added judgement so I will change that fact to simply:

    EL does not have her glasses with her.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    55
    Commander Andrew Smith of LAPD Media Relations interviewed on Chinese TV. It was posted on 2-28-2012:

    [ame="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTIwMTcxNjYw.html"]蓝可儿命案·专访洛杉矶*方有关负责 人:*方澄清网络*言 透露案件进展[新闻早报]—在线*放—优酷网,视频高清在线 看[/ame]

    -He said that the coroner said there was no evidence of trauma on EL's body, nothing to indicate she was injured in any way, no external injuries of any type

    -He said that the police do not believe that EL's body was hidden anywhere previous to being put in the tank. They believe that she was in the tank "pretty much" the whole time she was missing.

    -He said the water tank has a "hinged lid" for looking inside of it, and says that he believes it was closed when the officers went up there and "they didn't think someone would climb up, or go onto that lid".

    -He said the water was approx. 10 feet deep, and he didn't know if she was floating on the top or if she was at the bottom of the tank. He adds, "but a body at the bottom of the tank would be difficult to see."

    I stopped and stated this video many times to try to get either his exact wording or a paraphrase that carries his exact meaning. In a couple of places, his meaning could be taken a couple of ways, so I suggest that you actually watch it to hear his tone and emphasis.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by jennydreadful View Post
    Commander Andrew Smith of LAPD Media Relations interviewed on Chinese TV. It was posted on 2-28-2012:

    蓝可儿命案·专访洛杉矶*方有关负责 人:*方澄清网络*言 透露案件进展[新闻早报]—在线*放—优酷网,视频高清在线 看

    -He said that the coroner said there was no evidence of trauma on EL's body, nothing to indicate she was injured in any way, no external injuries of any type

    -He said that the police do not believe that EL's body was hidden anywhere previous to being put in the tank. They believe that she was in the tank "pretty much" the whole time she was missing.

    -He said the water tank has a "hinged lid" for looking inside of it, and says that he believes it was closed when the officers went up there and "they didn't think someone would climb up, or go onto that lid".

    -He said the water was approx. 10 feet deep, and he didn't know if she was floating on the top or if she was at the bottom of the tank. He adds, "but a body at the bottom of the tank would be difficult to see."

    I stopped and stated this video many times to try to get either his exact wording or a paraphrase that carries his exact meaning. In a couple of places, his meaning could be taken a couple of ways, so I suggest that you actually watch it to hear his tone and emphasis.
    You might want to reconsider the date you say it was posted.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetsam View Post
    You might want to reconsider the date you say it was posted.
    Oops, I'm so sorry--I meant 2-28-2013! I don't see that I can edit or delete it, so...consider this my correction . Also, keep in mind that 2-28-2013 is the posting date. I couldn't see a hanzi date format on the footage itself, so I don't know precisely.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    113

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. LIST Evidence or Facts NOT presented in Netflix Documentary *No Discussion*
    By LoyalSleuth in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-19-2016, 03:08 AM
  2. ARUBA - Robyn Gardner FACTS vs. RUMORS, List Only, NO DISCUSSION
    By Salem in forum Missing but not forgotten Timeline Forum and Media Links
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 09:13 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 12:30 PM
  4. FACTS-Just the FACTS- LIST ONLY- NO DISCUSSION -FACTS ONLY
    By not_my_kids in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 07:12 PM
  5. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 02:03 PM

Tags for this Thread